Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Horseshoe Blue PPR 2018

It's getting near that time to start analyzing, scrutinizing, and planning your drafts. 

Draft Order:

1. Lucky Colts fan

2. Bluefire4

3. Warghost21

4. Narcosys' wife

5. Narcosys

6. BPIndy

7. Btown_Colt

8. Matthew Gilbert

9. Onebad150

10. Team Hulce

Tentative draft date Aug 26th

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I am totally down! Can’t wait!

Let me know what weekends look to be good for you in August and September.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I am out, won't be back in the league. Thanks for inviting me last year.

Dang man, that's a bummer, but good luck to you in everything else you're doing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IndyD4U said:

I'm going to pass this year. It's been fun, I just have too many leagues to maintain

Thanks though and good luck!

Well that's a bummer, wish it was ours you were keeping but good luck to you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Well that's a bummer, wish it was ours you were keeping but good luck to you.

My guess is you'll get a number of queries if there's an opening,  but if you get in a bind, and need someone, let me know. I'm in a couple of other leagues, but willing to fill in.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, onebad150 said:

If you have any openings available I would be interested

Yes we do, If you want to PM me your email I can add you as an owner. I just reactivated the league and will be sending out an email invite soon.

• Like 1

@Btown_Colt

Hey I apologize, I listed the wrong person and left you out. Are you interested in playing again this year?  If so, what weekends (FRI-SUN) are you available for?  Keeping in mind we only have two weekends available for us (See above two posts) so maybe do it on a Weekday. 

Again, I am sorry.

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@Btown_Colt

Hey I apologize, I listed the wrong person and left you out. Are you interested in playing again this year?  If so, what weekends (FRI-SUN) are you available for?  Keeping in mind we only have two weekends available for us (See above two posts) so maybe do it on a Weekday. 

Again, I am sorry.

No problem and yes I’ll be back. I’m easy, tell me when the draft is and I’ll be there. Thanks

Is everyone available for the Aug 24th-26th weekend?

If so which days and times?

PS: 3 people in the league live in Europe so we're 5 hours ahead of EST. So keep that in mind as a 6pm start would be 11pm for us. Thanks!

@Matthew Gilbert

Welcome our newest and 10th member of the league!  Join us in our discussions and let talk draft dates and time.

ALL: @Bluefire4, @WarGhost21, @Btown_Colt, @onebad150, @BPindy, @Lucky Colts Fan

I am thinking maybe Saturday, 25th of August. Would you guys prefer a morning, afternoon, or late afternoon time?

4pm EST is 10pm over here for myself and my wife.

The league vote last year ended up squeaking by to have the draft order be set by reverse final season standings. However, you got to pick your position. So last place gets to pick first and then the winner gets the last position. In this case we have two new people, so unfortunately new guys get messed over and would be the last two to pick their positions (based on when they joined).

The previous way we did draft order was straight up reverse order, so last place drafted in the #1 position (Which to many is not the best position to be in). Then the guys that left, their spots were open for the people who were ranked above or below to drop into, and then new guys fill in accordingly.

Example: If Chad72 was ranked 5th, and Lucky Colts Fan was 4th, and Btown_Colt was 6th. Then Lucky would get the option to drop down, if he didn't, Btown could move up. If neither did, then One Bad would move into that position.

Since we have two new people, I would like a revote on this.   Would you prefer the way we did it last year, or by picking your position based on your final season rankings?

My vote is for picking the position, as it better facilitates the purpose of last place team getting the better position. However, as the League Manager I withhold from voting on most things. Only in the event of a tie (someone could abstain) then I would break the tie. I would like to get 6/9 votes for an option before implementing.

If I don't get a supermajority for either, then the previous vote will stand and people will pick their position.  Thank you for your help.

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I am thinking maybe Saturday, 25th of August.

A Sunday would work better for me, since I usually work on Saturdays.

What about the 26th?

It would also be nice to see all the week 3 preseason games before finalizing draft boards (I'd hate to draft a player just to watch him blow out a knee on his first play that same night).

So maybe one of the days during preseason week 4, from the 27th-Sept 2nd?  We should have a better picture of who is healthy and who is starting by then.  :thmup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

A Sunday would work better for me, since I usually work on Saturdays.

What about the 26th?

It would also be nice to see all the week 3 preseason games before finalizing draft boards (I'd hate to draft a player just to watch him blow out a knee on his first play that same night).

So maybe one of the days during preseason week 4, from the 27th-Sept 2nd?  We should have a better picture of who is healthy and who is starting by then.  :thmup:

I can do that. What about your vote?

1 hour ago, WarGhost21 said:

Alright, good, cuz I had the best regular season and a trash playoffs run, so higher pick for me!lmao

So which one do you want? Pick your position or set reverse order?

@Lucky Colts Fan, @BPindy, @WarGhost21, @onebad150, @Btown_Colt, @Matthew Gilbert, @Bluefire4

If we do it on the 26th, what time of day would be best for everyone? 

I have gotten enough votes that last years style will not be able to reach the required vote count.  So look out for PM's and mentions so you can pick your position. Want to give everyone enough time to mock draft your positions. Thank you.

Speaking of @Lucky Colts Fan you have first choice on which position you want to draft from.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@Lucky Colts Fan, @BPindy, @WarGhost21, @onebad150, @Btown_Colt, @Matthew Gilbert, @Bluefire4

If we do it on the 26th, what time of day would be best for everyone? 

I have gotten enough votes that last years style will not be able to reach the required vote count.  So look out for PM's and mentions so you can pick your position. Want to give everyone enough time to mock draft your positions. Thank you.

Speaking of @Lucky Colts Fan you have first choice on which position you want to draft from.

"With the 1st overall pick, Lucky Colts Fan selects Antonio Brown"

Unless AB gets injured before our draft, I'll go ahead and take the pole position.  :D

Also, if we have all the spots filled, you might want to edit the title of the thread.  :thmup:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

"With the 1st overall pick, Lucky Colts Fan selects Antonio Brown"

Unless AB gets injured before our draft, I'll go ahead and take the pole position.  :D

Also, if we have all the spots filled, you might want to edit the title of the thread.  :thmup:

Ah ok, misread at first. So position 1.

Also, @Bluefire4 has not confirmed yet. 

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

This isn't you actually picking, it is what spot that you want to draft from. Meaning 1st overall pick, 2nd, 3rd, so on.  You tell me which spot and that's where I'll slot you.

Also, @Bluefire4 has not confirmed yet. 

I know.  I was just giving the reason for why I want to pick 1st.  haha 

Sorry, I used racing lingo.  Pole position =  1st starting position, so I will pick 1st.  :thmup:

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I know.  I was just giving the reason for why I want to pick 1st.  haha 

Sorry, I used racing lingo.  Pole position =  1st starting position, so I will pick 1st.  :thmup:

Dang your fast. I recognized right after i posted and edited it. Just not in time.

Just now, Narcosys said:

Dang your fast. I recognized right after i posted and edited it. Just not in time.

Can I choose to move down from 1st before the draft, or would that mess everything up?

For instance, if AB (or Rothelisberger for that matter) gets injured a few days before our draft, I would no longer want to be 1st.

19_tz_face.gif

I have edited the main post to show our draft order and will update it as we go. @Bluefire4 is next to select. I have emailed him, pm'd him, and obviously mentioned him. He logs on daily but he is not responding here or elsewhere. It says he has joined in ESPN, however when i activated the league, it said everyone had joined...even those who dropped out. So i cannot count that.

If i don't hear from him by Monday, we will have to drop him so we can fill his spot. We will then continue the draft order. Next is @WarGhost21, so be ready on Monday with two positions you want to draft from.

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Can I choose to move down from 1st before the draft, or would that mess everything up?

For instance, if AB (or Rothelisberger for that matter) gets injured a few days before our draft, I would no longer want to be 1st.

19_tz_face.gif

If you're going to change, change now, because I am locking people in after they select. Because if I let you move down later, then someone else gets pushed, and so on. Too much trouble and not fair to others who might be planning for that position.