Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fantasy Football 2018 League

The participants (minus one non-confirmation) to the Colts Forum elite league currently are: 

1. Broosters @buccolts (confirmed)

2. God Hates Jags @HOFClipboardHolder (confirmed)

3. Out of Bounds @crazycolt1 (confirmed)

4. Kanye East @Rich Cannon (champion) - not confirmed

5. AxeIF @chad72 - confirmed

6. VU Cru @Valpo2004 - confirmed

7. Bluefire4 @Bluefire4 - confirmed

8. IndyD4U @IndyD4U - confirmed

9. Spoonfish @spoonfish - confirmed

10. SteelCityColt @SteelCityColt - confirmed

11. @Virtuoso80 - confirmed

12. @Juanjo - confirmed

Can you all PM me your e-mail ids so that I can send invites to all of you? But first, we might want to decide where we would do the league - nfl.com, yahoo.com or espn.com

Chime in your thoughts for rules we want to re-visit in this thread.

Here were some rule changes suggested last year and the results of their voting:

1. There will be a one day waiting period for waivers (Change from 2 days) (Y/N) Y

2. There will be no waiting period after trade is finalized (Change from 1 day (i think)) (Y/N) Y

3. Choose one of these 3 drafting order options: B

a. Team owners will get to pick their preferred draft spot starting with team #12 and working back to #1.

b. The draft order will be randomized upon league creation and draft order will be visible to all owners.

c. The draft order will be randomized 15min before the draft begins.

4. Choose one of these 3 platform's to play on this season (NFL.COM / ESPN / YAHOO) NFL.COM

5. Change the WR/RB flex position to WR/RB/TE. (Y/N) Y

6. Waivers will reset weekly based on ranking (Change from continuous rolling) (Y/N) Y

7. The standings tiebreaker will be points scored (Change from Head2Head) (Y/N) Y

8. Next season we will have keepers (the details can be hashed out later) (Y/N) N

Below are the non-default settings for this league finalized last year:

1. IR spot on the roster

2. Passing TD are 6 points

3. #1 plays #6 in the playoffs (Manual Intervention Needed)

4. TE position is now WR/TE

5. WR/RB position is now WR/RB/TE

5. Playoffs Week 14/15 Champ 16

6. Trade Review -  League Votes

7. D/ST gets 1 point for every 50 return yards

8. Waiting period for waivers is 1 day

9. The draft order is randomized upon league creation and draft order is visible to all owners

10. Waivers reset weekly based on ranking

11. The standings tiebreaker is points scored

The biggest rules most may want to re-visit are:

I. WAIVER RULES - My proposal is continuous rolling waivers till week 7 and then move it to reset weekly based on rankings the rest of the way once rankings shape up a little more defined. 

II. PLATFORM: I would like espn.com for a change.

Any other rules we want to re-visit? Thoughts??? I would like to wrap the rules discussion by the end of July. Thanks.

32 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The biggest rules most may want to re-visit are:

I. WAIVER RULES - My proposal is continuous rolling waivers till week 7 and then move it to reset weekly based on rankings the rest of the way once rankings shape up a little more defined. 

II. PLATFORM: I would like espn.com for a change.

Any other rules we want to re-visit? Thoughts??? I would like to wrap the rules discussion by the end of July. Thanks.

These are the only two issues, for me, as well.

I. I agree with your suggestion.

II. Yahoo

I agree on everything you suggested with the waiver wire being continuous after week 7.  I just don't want anyone to get caught in what happened to me last season.  I prefer to use the waiver wire pick as strategy. The weekly reset throws that out.

I prefer ESPN but would have no problem with whatever the majority wanted.

36 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I agree on everything you suggested with the waiver wire being continuous after week 7.  I just don't want anyone to get caught in what happened to me last season.  I prefer to use the waiver wire pick as strategy. The weekly reset throws that out.

I prefer ESPN but would have no problem with whatever the majority wanted.

You mean you prefer to keep the waiver wire continuous even after week 7, correct? I think that is what you were saying but I thought I'd confirm.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

You mean you prefer to keep the waiver wire continuous even after week 7, correct? I think that is what you were saying but I thought I'd confirm.

Yes I would prefer to keep it continuous after week 7 but a happy medium would be just fine. By week 7 most all of us are going to be using the wire anyway so I think your suggestion would work just fine for all.  It would tighten up the standings when crunch time comes.

Does anyone have experience being commish of a custom/league manager free league in ESPN? I see only the ability for either 4 playoff spots or 8 playoff spots, not 6 like yahoo or nfl.com. Both standard and custom leagues are like that.

ESPN has standard, custom and league manager leagues. League Manager leagues give everything we need but we cannot have more than 10 teams. ESPN is a bit too restrictive, it seems like.

http://games.espn.com/ffl/resources/help/content?name=league-types

Our best option might be to continue the nfl.com league with the changes we proposed, so that things will have the same feel for everyone.

Thoughts???

On 7/16/2018 at 3:33 PM, chad72 said:

Here were some rule changes suggested last year and the results of their voting:

1. There will be a one day waiting period for waivers (Change from 2 days) (Y/N) Y

2. There will be no waiting period after trade is finalized (Change from 1 day (i think)) (Y/N) Y

3. Choose one of these 3 drafting order options: B

a. Team owners will get to pick their preferred draft spot starting with team #12 and working back to #1.

b. The draft order will be randomized upon league creation and draft order will be visible to all owners.

c. The draft order will be randomized 15min before the draft begins.

4. Choose one of these 3 platform's to play on this season (NFL.COM / ESPN / YAHOO) NFL.COM

5. Change the WR/RB flex position to WR/RB/TE. (Y/N) Y

6. Waivers will reset weekly based on ranking (Change from continuous rolling) (Y/N) Y

7. The standings tiebreaker will be points scored (Change from Head2Head) (Y/N) Y

8. Next season we will have keepers (the details can be hashed out later) (Y/N) N

Below are the non-default settings for this league finalized last year:

1. IR spot on the roster

2. Passing TD are 6 points

3. #1 plays #6 in the playoffs (Manual Intervention Needed)

4. TE position is now WR/TE

5. WR/RB position is now WR/RB/TE

5. Playoffs Week 14/15 Champ 16

6. Trade Review -  League Votes

7. D/ST gets 1 point for every 50 return yards

8. Waiting period for waivers is 1 day

9. The draft order is randomized upon league creation and draft order is visible to all owners

10. Waivers reset weekly based on ranking

11. The standings tiebreaker is points scored

1. N

2. Y

3. B

4. Yahoo

5. Y

6. Y

7. N

8. N

10 hours ago, chad72 said:

Does anyone have experience being commish of a custom/league manager free league in ESPN? I see only the ability for either 4 playoff spots or 8 playoff spots, not 6 like yahoo or nfl.com. Both standard and custom leagues are like that.

ESPN has standard, custom and league manager leagues. League Manager leagues give everything we need but we cannot have more than 10 teams. ESPN is a bit too restrictive, it seems like.

http://games.espn.com/ffl/resources/help/content?name=league-types

Our best option might be to continue the nfl.com league with the changes we proposed, so that things will have the same feel for everyone.

Thoughts???

I am OK with NFL league. Whatever is easier for you chad. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 8:40 PM, crazycolt1 said:

I am OK with NFL league. Whatever is easier for you chad. 

Figured it out. I have no idea why on earth ESPN defaults to 2 weeks per playoff match up.

Once I change it to 1 week per playoff match up, I could choose 6 players with 2 byes. 

Anyways, let us stick with nfl.com as most are fine with it.

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

I have a question.  If there was nothing wrong with the NFL league we did last year then why change?

I am fine with it if that is fine with most folks. It'd actually make things easy for me. I will just implement the happy medium waiver change and be done with it. I just did not know if it was a sticking point with many that it needed to be re-visited. The only thing that seems to be re-visited is the waiver wire rule.

Does that work?

OK, let us talk draft dates.

Does September 1st at 11 am ET or 7 pm ET work for you all? 

August 29th or 30th, at 7 pm ET also work for me. I want to be sensitive to @Juanjo and not have it too late since I remembered he is in Europe, if I am not mistaken.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I am fine with it if that is fine with most folks. It'd actually make things easy for me. I will just implement the happy medium waiver change and be done with it. I just did not know if it was a sticking point with many that it needed to be re-visited. The only thing that seems to be re-visited is the waiver wire rule.

Does that work?

OK by me.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

OK, let us talk draft dates.

Does September 1st at 11 am ET work for you all? 

August 29th or 30th, at 7 pm ET also work for me. I want to be sensitive to @Juanjo and not have it too late since I remembered he is in Europe, if I am not mistaken.

I don't work so anytime is fine by me.

• Like 1

So far:

@buccolts - available only on August 29th or 30th

@Juanjo - available any day as long as time is early enough in terms of Spain time

@Valpo2004 - Labor Day weekend preferable, evenings preferable

@spoonfish - Weekend preferable, evenings are fine

@crazycolt1 - flexible, no matter what

@chad72 - flexible, no matter what

I would like @Virtuoso80 @HOFClipboardHolder @Rich Cannon @Bluefire4 @IndyD4U and @SteelCityColt to chime in regarding dates and times, please. 

58 minutes ago, chad72 said:

So far:

@buccolts - available only on August 29th or 30th

@Juanjo - available any day as long as time is early enough in terms of Spain time

I would like @Virtuoso80 @HOFClipboardHolder @Rich Cannon @Bluefire4 @IndyD4U and @SteelCityColt to chime in regarding dates and times, please. 

I can do early on the 1st. 

I just can't do the evening. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Virtuoso80 said:

I have the money league draft the same day (in person) at 1pm.  Its an hr and half drive to the location, so i will try to see if i can draft via mobile.  Depending on what site we are using.

Right now, it is nfl.com and based on how everyone is leaning, it is very likely in the evening. Were you referring to September 1st, since we have floated 3 days to gauge availability?

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

Right now, it is nfl.com and based on how everyone is leaning, it is very likely in the evening. Were you referring to September 1st, since we have floated 3 days to gauge availability?

Yes, the money league i play in has a "in person" live draft at 1 pm on Sept. 1st.  What were the other two days (I missed the post of the dates)?  I looked back at the posts, I can do either 29 or 30th.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Virtuoso80 said:

Yes, the money league i play in has a "in person" live draft at 1 pm on Sept. 1st.  What were the other two days (I missed the post of the dates)?  I looked back at the posts, I can do either 29 or 30th.  

You and @Juanjo are the two new teams. I sent you an invite to the nfl.com league to join.

Thanks.

I am starting college classes back up starting August 20th so as long as it doesn't interfere with my class schedule I would be fine.

I also play the organ for a church on Sunday mornings so that wouldn't work for me.

A weekend evening would be best. If we did it on a Wednesday evening, I'd only be available after 7 PM

On 7/29/2018 at 5:09 PM, chad72 said:

So far:

@buccolts - available on August 29th, 30th for evenings, only in morning for September 1st

@Virtuoso80 - the evening time slots seem to be fine on all days

@Bluefire4 - weekend evening time slots seem to be fine

Only @SteelCityColt @HOFClipboardHolder @Rich Cannon and @IndyD4U yet to respond