Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does a Franchise QB improve the win total?

Crunked

Does a Franchise QB automatically improve a team  

34 members have voted

1. 1. They used to say the Colts were an 8-8 team every year and that by Mannings presence was good for an additional 4 wins is the same true for Luck?

• Luck is good for 2 or less wins (Just a Gigilo level)
    • Luck is good for 4 wins a season (Sherriff Level)
    • Luck is good for 6 wins or more (Greatest passing LB ever Level)
    • I dont have an opinion cause I clean the windows at Lucas oil with my tongue (Short bus rider level)

Manning was much better than 4 extra wins a year. He was worth around 10 wins. Just look at 2011 to see what losing Manning did to the team. Luck isn't close to Manning's level IMO, but he's probably still worth 4 extra wins. I'm one of the lowest on Luck on the forum here, I think he's slightly above average and that's it. Top ten QB now. However, with a better O-Line, and a lot of draft picks on the offensive side, I think he'll do better this year. I always worry about Luck's slow starts and his slow release, but we'll see if he finally figured it out.

11 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Manning was much better than 4 extra wins a year. He was worth around 10 wins. Just look at 2011 to see what losing Manning did to the team. Luck isn't close to Manning's level IMO, but he's probably still worth 4 extra wins. I'm one of the lowest on Luck on the forum here, I think he's slightly above average and that's it. Top ten QB now. However, with a better O-Line, and a lot of draft picks on the offensive side, I think he'll do better this year. I always worry about Luck's slow starts and his slow release, but we'll see if he finally figured it out.

Respect your opinion, but I’m not sure if you’re really saying Luck has a slow release or if he holds the ball too long.  I agree on the later, but the former is wrong.  I think they measured his release as about the same as Rodgers.   That’s gold standard.  

As for number of wins he adds, you only have to look at his first three years when he was healthy.  We wouldn’t have won at least 5-6 of the games each year without him.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Respect your opinion, but I’m not sure if you’re really saying Luck has a slow release or if he holds the ball too long.  I agree on the later, but the former is wrong.  I think they measured his release as about the same as Rodgers.   That’s gold standard.  

As for number of wins he adds, you only have to look at his first three years when he was healthy.  We wouldn’t have won at least 5-6 of the games each year without him.  

Thanks for correcting me, I meant to say he holds the ball too long. I hope he reverts back to 2012-2014 Luck, but it's been so long that I have to see it before giving him that credit again. Looking forward to watching him try.

• Like 1

I am in the luck is good for 4 wins camp, and no one knows the extent of improvement of the team if any, but if I think conservatively that all the changes are good for say, 2 wins....then by my speculative math that should put us at 10-6 this season.......which is pretty optimistic according to the pundits who say 8-8 should be the high water mark for the Colts this season

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Your last option was great but not tasty :funny:

I always try to have one whacky off the wall option when I do a poll cause sometimes peeps take being a fan waaaaaaaay too seriously.....its just my version of a reality check, but thanks :)

Ps, it is rumored the glass at Lucas Oil is shnozberry flavored

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we go 6-10 and Luck plays all 16 games I will change my user name to P'Son is my daddy. That will never happen. 8-8 at worse and I see 9-7 if Luck plays all 16.

and I will change my user name to "son of a son of a P'Son........sailor"<---longest user name evah lol

Ask the browns if a QB moves the win total.

People have forgotten how good Luck is on a 'normal' team. He absolutely moves the win total 3+ games for us.

I'm gonna 'assume' he's the type of athlete like Manning/Brady who will come out with a chip on his shoulder and feel 'you forgot about me? I'm supposedly done?? Ok, I got something for you'.... He wasn't the #1 pick because he's just gifted. The guy works and wants his place atop the leagues best just like prior to his injury.