Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NY Giants get Beal

Saw a tweet Sam Beal taken by Giants with a round 3 bid. Does not mean we didn’t pass on him. We might have had a not as high as the Giants or submitted a round 4 or higher bid.

all teams with 6 wins or less were entered into a weighted lottery (much like the NBA) to determine supplemental draft order. It isn’t necessarily the same as April draft order.

Will double check validity of tweet.

There is a deep crop of CBs coming up in next year's draft. No real potential superstars have emerged yet, but there are some solid Round 3 and 4 prospects that could easily be better bets than Beal. There are also a lot of projected 2nd rounders that could easily drop to 3rd. I think Beal may have just been the shiniest object in an otherwise dull little group and I'm just as happy that the Colts still have all of their picks to use next year instead of spending it on a supplemental draft guy this year. 

On 7/11/2018 at 5:35 PM, Dr. T said:

I bet we put a 3rd round bid also for Beal, but the giants knew this and picked him one spot ahead of us.

Thankfully!!  Nothing like losing over $1million, and a 3rd round draft pick in 2019, along with  your potential starting slot cornerback, just as training camp starts.

• Like 2