TKnight24

Supplemental Draft Preview

:coltshelmet:

If the Colts selects someone, I’ll post it here and just change the title and put the pick up here in the OP :thmup:

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Anyone with a prediction on whether or not we make a selection?  If we do, who do you think we'll pick?

Sam Beal and the VTech kid who’s name has slipped my mind right now have very strong ties to the Colts

• Like 2

The draft is going on right now. No player was selected in round 1 per Tom Pelissero... 

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

Sam Beal and the VTech kid who’s name has slipped my mind right now have very strong ties to the Colts

Adonis Alexander had a visit with the Colts I believe. I think that's who you maybe thinking of. I would be curious to see if we put a bid in on anyone!

Round 3 it becomes interesting... Beal IMO is the one that might go here... IMO he's not a great fit in zone system, but IMO he's the best player from the ones that declared. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I wonder where our pick is in these upcoming rounds.

I think they are in the general range of where our picks were in the 2018 draft. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

I think they are in the general range of where our picks were in the 2018 draft. 

They are in the general range but are weighted so that tells me they aren't exactly the same. I guess we could be picking later or earlier.  It will be interesting to see if we passed on Beal if we had the second pick of the 3rd. rd. or if the Giants pick ahead of us. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

They are in the general range but are weighted so that tells me they aren't exactly the same. I guess we could be picking later or earlier.  It will be interesting to see if we passed on Beal if we had the second pick of the 3rd. rd. or if the Giants pick ahead of us. 

I think the Jets had the 2nd pick in the 3d. 

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

8 minutes ago, stitches said:

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I wonder where our pick is in these upcoming rounds.

It’s a lottery system looks like 

I’m not sure what our interest in Beal was?

i think his strength was man over zone.   And he only he two interceptions.

Was he the best player in this draft?   Yes, but that doesn’t mean much if you don’t think he’s a scheme fit for what we want to do.

Two rounds to go.  Can't believe Alexander is still available.  Maybe his issues are too strong but a 6th or 7th is worth the risk IMO. 

Oh well.  I guess Ballard will be waiting to cut down day.  He appears to be in no hurry to sign any of the remaining free agents.  

24 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

It’s a lottery system looks like 

It is a weighted lottery, of all teams with 6 or less wins- much like the NBA lottery. Colts appear to have dropped below many other teams.  Might have had a 3rd round bid in, but he was gone by the time it was our turn.

We'll probably keep 6 CBs so you have to decide if those two guys are better than the bottom 2 of our 6.  I can see why we didn't pull the trigger.

Now, I'd love to see them sign Bryant - we definitely need more competition at S.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Perhaps we will try to sign Bryant as an undrafted free agent?

I suspect he’ll sign with someone within 24 hours.    Likely soooner than that.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

• Thanks 1

Hey the Colts have said more than once that they like their young defensive backfield so maybe we ought to let it play out and see why Ballard and Co keep sticking with what they have I guess.  I think it needs to be improved but they have more incite than I do!   We shall see what happens going forward.

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Too late he is gonna sign with the jets.

25 minutes ago, krunk said:

Hey the Colts have said more than once that they like their young defensive backfield so maybe we ought to let it play out and see why Ballard and Co keep sticking with what they have I guess.  I think it needs to be improved but they have more incite than I do!   We shall see what happens going forward.

I’m still hoping for Breeland once his foot heals. Other than that I’m cool with the group as well

I want Breeland so Hairston stays in the slot. Reports have said he’s been playing outside and slot but I’d rather keep him in the slot so he can do his blitzes again. Was very effective on those last season 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Hey the Colts have said more than once that they like their young defensive backfield so maybe we ought to let it play out and see why Ballard and Co keep sticking with what they have I guess.  I think it needs to be improved but they have more incite than I do!

There may be better options available when roster cutdown time rolls around. Was Sam Beal really worth a high 3rd round pick?

• Like 1

I think this speaks volume to how much the Colts are content with their current corner depth.

29 minutes ago, MTC said:

I think this speaks volume to how much the Colts are content with their current corner depth.

Or, we have the same value on him as other teams, but a less favorable draft slot from the lottery.  Nobody knows if we also had a round 3 bid in on him, like the Giants (and potentially others team beyond them) did.