Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Madden 19 Ratings

TKnight24

I don't like the fact that there are numerous players in the game rated at 99.  I don't think anyone should get to 99 as, to me, this would mean near perfection on every play.  

IMO Aaron Donald or Aaron Rodgers should be something like 96 or 97 and then all others behind them.

It means if you ever do give a 99 it is to someone on another level entirely from everyone else in the sport.  Jerry Rice at his peak, etc.  Just loses meaning otherwise.

:2c:

1 hour ago, DaveA1102 said:

I don't like the fact that there are numerous players in the game rated at 99.  I don't think anyone should get to 99 as, to me, this would mean near perfection on every play.  

IMO Aaron Donald or Aaron Rodgers should be something like 96 or 97 and then all others behind them.

It means if you ever do give a 99 it is to someone on another level entirely from everyone else in the sport.  Jerry Rice at his peak, etc.  Just loses meaning otherwise.

:2c:

eh i think its fine, each version of madden is like a vacuum when it comes to ratings.  if somebody next year is a near perfect qb,  better than rodgers, then they will just lower AR to a 95 or whatever to make room for the new guy 

they are just saying the rodgers and those others are gold standard for this year(and more importantly this game)

22 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I stopped playing Madden years ago, i think Madden 25 was the last one i played, EA sports continually puts out garbage.

Agreed. EA is the worst triple A developer like ever. Madden games have been trash for the longest time. I literally only play it once in a while when a friend is over. Its essentially a $ 60 party game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Agreed. EA is the worst triple A developer like ever. Madden games have been trash for the longest time. I literally only play it once in a while when a friend is over. Its essentially a $ 60 party game.

I used to play Madden all the time and go buy it the day it would come out. That was back in the 90's/early 2000's LOL. The last one I bought was the year we won the SB (2007 version) but I agree that game had so many glitches in it I just quit playing it. To this day Madden 93 is my favorite and that was for Sega. That was the first one that had Greatest teams ever on it and had Maddenisms were he talked for the first time. The graphics weren't anything to brag about but the game play was tight and you could play Defense on that one. I used to pick passes off all the time on that one. Then Madden started coming out with games where you could complete 50 yard passes into double coverage, Madden 94 was terrible.

• Like 4

I’m a madden fan for the most part and it’s been disappointing the past 5-7 years at least. I am curious how TJ Green is rated the same as Malik Hooker though. I think TJ is better than many seem to but I wouldn’t say they are close in terms of talent. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

I stopped playing Madden years ago, i think Madden 25 was the last one i played, EA sports continually puts out garbage.

A lot of EA's games have been really bad.  NHL and Madden are among the worst.  They don't have competition, so they don't care to improve their games.  You're really just paying for a $60 roster update year after year.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Str8himalaya said:

I’m a madden fan for the most part and it’s been disappointing the past 5-7 years at least. I am curious how TJ Green is rated the same as Malik Hooker though. I think TJ is better than many seem to but I wouldn’t say they are close in terms of talent. 

I believe TJ is rated in the mid 70s I was quite surprised 

16 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

A lot of EA's games have been really bad.  NHL and Madden are among the worst.  They don't have competition, so they don't care to improve their games.  You're really just paying for a $60 roster update year after year.

NHL could be the best sports game on the market (hockey gameplay is second to none IMO)...but they just don't seem willing to improve the overall game enough.

On 7/9/2018 at 1:50 PM, NorthernBlue said:

I wish 2K still made football games. Those football games were awesome. ESPN 2004 was one of the best sports (and football games) I've ever played.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

I wish 2K still made football games. Those football games were awesome. ESPN 2004 was one of the best sports (and football games) I've ever played.

It was so excited having the ESPN coverage for those games. 2k5 as well. Coming in from playing outside on a cool fall day and popping this game in was a memory i will hold dear forever..

I'm still on Madden 17, couldn't see myself with 18 because of that dumb cover LOL... but it all seems the same... I keep asking myself if madden is so great.. why can't they get Aaron Rodgers drop back and pass mechanics right? lol that's all I'm waiting for.. it's been like 7 years madden...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

It was so excited having the ESPN coverage for those games. 2k5 as well. Coming in from playing outside on a cool fall day and popping this game in was a memory i will hold dear forever..

I'm still on Madden 17, couldn't see myself with 18 because of that dumb cover LOL... but it all seems the same... I keep asking myself if madden is so great.. why can't they get Aaron Rodgers drop back and pass mechanics right? lol that's all I'm waiting for.. it's been like 7 years madden...

I have Madden 18 and its not bad, but could definitely be better. 

On 7/9/2018 at 4:16 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I used to play Madden all the time and go buy it the day it would come out. That was back in the 90's/early 2000's LOL. The last one I bought was the year we won the SB (2007 version) but I agree that game had so many glitches in it I just quit playing it. To this day Madden 93 is my favorite and that was for Sega. That was the first one that had Greatest teams ever on it and had Maddenisms were he talked for the first time. The graphics weren't anything to brag about but the game play was tight and you could play Defense on that one. I used to pick passes off all the time on that one. Then Madden started coming out with games where you could complete 50 yard passes into double coverage, Madden 94 was terrible.

Totally agree!! Old school truly is better on some things. This is definitely one of those!

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2018 at 5:34 PM, Str8himalaya said:

— Matthias Farley: 80 overall

— Clayton Geathers: 78 overall

— T.J. Green: 78 overall

— Malik Hooker: 78 overall

that's all sorts of stupid.  

8 hours ago, Kyle said:

— Matthias Farley: 80 overall

— Clayton Geathers: 78 overall

— T.J. Green: 78 overall

— Malik Hooker: 78 overall

that's all sorts of stupid.  

Exactly, hooker should be the best safety on the team by far. Green should be low 70s at best. Don't understand it lol.

On 7/12/2018 at 2:05 PM, Happy2BeHere said:

I see so many complain about madden all the time...but I like it for the most part.

so for those who hate it and think it’s garbage I’d like to know why you think that. What could be done to improve the game so you wouldn’t think that ?

I mean the examples are out there. A quick YouTube search brings up all kinds of ponderous stuff. I myself have many times experienced corners at the snap of the ball running toward the LOS or into the backfield right past their receiver giving up a pitch and catch TD. LBs in zone coverages watching passes zip right overhead not so much as lifting a finger to knock it down. Zone coverages where the defender never attempts to cover a man in his zone, even when the ball is in the air to him. The QB fumble problem, the pre-determined play action sack. Offensive linemen letting guys through the line entirely unblocked. Defensive players running right past the ball carrier. Right past a live fumbled ball. 

You have to put a serious pair of blinders on not to see the problems with Madden. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Str8himalaya said:

Exactly, hooker should be the best safety on the team by far. Green should be low 70s at best. Don't understand it lol.

hes played 7 games, madden usually waits for rookies to produce before they get a high rating

i know he had 3 ints, but he didnt tackle well or do much else, pff rated him about the same 

1 hour ago, John Waylon said:

I mean the examples are out there. A quick YouTube search brings up all kinds of ponderous stuff. I myself have many times experienced corners at the snap of the ball running toward the LOS or into the backfield right past their receiver giving up a pitch and catch TD. LBs in zone coverages watching passes zip right overhead not so much as lifting a finger to knock it down. Zone coverages where the defender never attempts to cover a man in his zone, even when the ball is in the air to him. The QB fumble problem, the pre-determined play action sack. Offensive linemen letting guys through the line entirely unblocked. Defensive players running right past the ball carrier. Right past a live fumbled ball. 

You have to put a serious pair of blinders on not to see the problems with Madden. 

it really is one of the glitchiest games i have ever played, up there with skyrim 

my favorite is when the ball goes literally right through the defenders hands, sometimes it will go through their head or whole body too

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

hes played 7 games, madden usually waits for rookies to produce before they get a high rating

i know he had 3 ints, but he didnt tackle well or do much else, pff rated him about the same 

I get that, however, he was also the most impact of any player on the defense when he played. Tied for the lead in INTs on the team and was well on pace to have 5-8 of them in the season. Look at players like Lattimore, Fournette, Kamara, Hunt, etc. He was on pace to be a DROY contender. After all said and done, they should have had him at least rated as the highest on the team, I don't think there is much debate that he is the best safety the Colts have.

I used to only get Madden for the franchise mode, as the older versions used to be so fun. Now it’s absolute garbage. 

They barely make any improvements year after year. It’s the same game every year, except for the graphics and commentary updates.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Str8himalaya said:

I get that, however, he was also the most impact of any player on the defense when he played. Tied for the lead in INTs on the team and was well on pace to have 5-8 of them in the season. Look at players like Lattimore, Fournette, Kamara, Hunt, etc. He was on pace to be a DROY contender. After all said and done, they should have had him at least rated as the highest on the team, I don't think there is much debate that he is the best safety the Colts have.

i think he just didnt play enough to get any love from madden, plus he wasnt great on most of the plays where he didnt get an interception 

for what its worth deshaun watson set the league on fire last year for like 7 games and he is at 82 overall

19 hours ago, aaron11 said:

i think he just didnt play enough to get any love from madden, plus he wasnt great on most of the plays where he didnt get an interception 

for what its worth deshaun watson set the league on fire last year for like 7 games and he is at 82 overall

I would have to disagree, Hooker did pretty well even when he wasn't forcing TOs (which is his greatest asset). Sure, he had some gaps and his tackling and angles weren't great, but he was definitely someone offenses were aware of throughout the game.

Watson was great, and he got a pretty good rating when looking at the entire QB group. He is a top 15 QB in the league according to his rating, which is pretty accurate. Hooker isn't a top 40 safety overall, which I would guess you poll a group of GMs and they would definitely have him in the top 40 safeties easily, maybe top 20.

On 7/16/2018 at 11:28 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

OMG!  Someone finally agrees with me!

Madden 93 on SNES is still the best.  :rock:

giphy.gif

It is refreshing to see agreement/unity on the forum once in awhile isn't it LCF? :thmup: Happy for ya bro.

You're "Stepbrothers" movie meme was a pretty good one. Love that collapsing bunk bed scene. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Shows you how old I am getting. I actually thought it was better even on Sega. Madden 93 rocked!

We can play it on Sega at your house and on SNES at my house.  Just like back in the 90s.  That way, neither of us has to unplug the whole system and put it in our backpack with all the wires and controllers, then ride our bike with all that strapped to our back so that we can unpack it all and get it all set up at our friends' house, then figure out which channel it has to be on, 3, no 4, no 3, we're gonna have to unplug the cable...

Ok, let's play!  haha

• Haha 1