Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Few Colts heading to Stanford University

TKnight24

I would hope and expect Luck to be paying most of the costs for his teammates.

Air faire.    Rental car.   Hotel.

Seems only fair to me.

And I’d expect next week to be in Florida.    And the week after leads into the start of camp, I’d think Luck would work with the guys in Indy.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Seems only fair to me.

And I’d expect next week to be in Florida.    And the week after leads into the start of camp, I’d think Luck would work with the guys in Indy.

Their all making more money then all of us combined. I dont think travel expense is out of their budget

3 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

Updated: Confirmed working with the best QB in the AFC South :)

:coltshelmet:

Glad to hear Trey is going.  I think he was already dinged up during the OTAs.  He needs to stay healthy and secure than #2 spot.  

37 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Their all making more money then all of us combined. I dont think travel expense is out of their budget

No they're not.   The young guys are making low to mid-6 figures.

Half of that goes to taxes and union fees and agents,  etc.

Of the WR's,  only Hilton and Grant are making bank.   Of the TE's,  it's Doyle and Ebron.    Everyone else is making close to minimum.     It's not as much as you think.

Luck is the injured one.    He's the one who forcing guys to travel near and far.    He's the one making huge money.    It's not required for him to do any of what I'm suggesting,   but I hope it doese it anyway.    I think it's the right thing.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Of the WR's,  only Hilton and Grant are making bank.   Of the TE's,  it's Doyle and Ebron.    Everyone else is making close to minimum.     It's not as much as you think.

Luck is the injured one.    He's the one who forcing guys to travel near and far.    He's the one making huge money.    It's not required for him to do any of what I'm suggesting,   but I hope it doese it anyway.    I think it's the right thing.

6 figures is a lot of money for an average joe smoe like you or I

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Seems only fair to me.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Colts aren't picking up the tabs for a lot of these expenses. 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I seriously doubt Luck is forcing anybody to do anything.  I'm guessing it's more of a teammate willing to help out another teammate.  Especially when that teammate decides who he throws the ball to, which ultimately decides what kind of season/(and in the much longer view) career they may end up having.  I'm sure none of these guys needed their arms twisted to make the trip to Cali.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

It still be a good courtesy, especially coming from the big man himself.

Plus, isn’t this technically the NFLs ‘vacation time’? These guys don’t have to be there.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

It still be a good courtesy, especially coming from the big man himself.

Plus, isn’t this technically the NFLs ‘vacation time’? These guys don’t have to be there.

No, but its kinda implied when it comes to this job 

1 hour ago, MR. Blueblood said:

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Colts aren't picking up the tabs for a lot of these expenses. 

I seriously doubt Luck is forcing anybody to do anything.  I'm guessing it's more of a teammate willing to help out another teammate.  Especially when that teammate decides who he throws the ball to, which ultimately decides what kind of season/(and in the much longer view) career they may end up having.  I'm sure none of these guys needed their arms twisted to make the trip to Cali.

Of course Luck isn’t forcing anyone.   Sorry,  total Strawman.

i just think it’s the right thing to do.   It’s leadership.   You make the kind of money Luck is and you help your teammates when you can.    Especially when he’s asking them to join him to workout.   

Just my view of Luck who is typically driven to do the right thing. 

When I first read the title of this thread, I thought it was bad news as in a poor turnout.  I hope a "few" is oat of them.  Maybe all the OL as well, but I dream. 

Anybody know who else is going besides Rogers?  

The best news is that Luck is throwing. 

I suspect Luck is paying their freight and some may be staying at his home in Palo Alto. He’s a class act and a first class guy. How about we applaud the off season  voluntary workouts. A great move toward a winning  2018 season! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Seems only fair to me.

QB's take care of the tab on this stuff...how did this become the conversation when we finally after a year of speculation Andrew is throwing full go with his wideouts?  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Seems only fair to me.

I would think it’d be Irsay footing the bill for something like that, but who knows. Either way I’m sure they’re all very well taken care of.

7 hours ago, Narcosys said:

True, not to be a stickler though, you did say all of us combined. 

we're talking hilton's which is 8.5 mil Grant's which is 5 mil, doyle's which is 6 mil I believe and ebron which is 6 mil. This isn't just the rookies who are still making more buck then most of us here

17 hours ago, CR91 said:

I doubt Cain, Rodgers etc are making more then all of us combined.  They are probably making more then maybe 10 of us.  But Luck sure is probably making more money then all of the active forum members here combined.   

While travel expenses probably arn't outside of their budget thing is they are sort of going in part to help him get back in the swing of things and his salary is far far higher then theirs is.  

If it was TY it would be different but it's some guys on rookie contracts.  They make some nice coin but they arn't loaded.  

34 minutes ago, CR91 said:

we're talking hilton's which is 8.5 mil Grant's which is 5 mil, doyle's which is 6 mil I believe and ebron which is 6 mil. This isn't just the rookies who are still making more buck then most of us here

Are any of those guys there?  Only one that I see any confirmation on is Chester Rodgers and he's still on rookie salary.  

7 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Are any of those guys there?  Only one that I see any confirmation on is Chester Rodgers and he's still on rookie salary.  

that is the only one that went to twitter about it, but I doubt only rogers is going

26 minutes ago, CR91 said:

that is the only one that went to twitter about it, but I doubt only rogers is going

That's true. . . but it could all be guys on rookie salaries.  I'm hoping not but you don't know.  

TY seemed to indicate that he wasn't planning on getting together with Luck in the off-season.  

2 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I would think it’d be Irsay footing the bill for something like that, but who knows. Either way I’m sure they’re all very well taken care of.

I'm guessing that would break some sort of rule for Irsay or the Colts to be paying for it.  

Is there anything that we can take away from this news?

1. Luck is throwing with the receivers, working on his timing, and getting ready for the season.

2. This could mean that Luck is able to throw all of the passes in the route tree? I doubt that the receivers fly out to Stanford just to run slants, 5-yard outs, and hitches. They are most likely running all of the routes, including deeper throws.

3. Luck is able to throw on consecutive days without any pain.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Did they all? The only makes I've seen were a couple of rookies. But then again I hadn't researched it yet

21 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Seems only fair to me.

I would guess the Colts will pick up the tab for something like this

3 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

If true, that would be great...   but because it’s the off-season I’m not sure it’s legal for Irsay to pay these expenses.

Just a guess.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If true, that would be great...   but because it’s the off-season I’m not sure it’s legal for Irsay to pay these expenses.

Just a guess.

You might be right about, I have no idea how the rules work for something like that. At the end of the day, I think we can rest assure that these guys aren't on Travelocity booking their own airfare though.

• Like 1

Chester Rogers posted videos on Insta of him riding bikes w/ Andrew around Stanford (Andrew’s helmet is super dorky <3 ) and one of him running a route and getting the ball dropped perfectly in front of him. I’m guessing Andrew was throwing, but wasn’t in the vid. 

No other receivers seen or mentioned...Hmm.

6 minutes ago, CamMo said:

Chester Rogers posted videos on Insta of him riding bikes w/ Andrew around Stanford (Andrew’s helmet is super dorky <3 ) and one of him running a route and getting the ball dropped perfectly in front of him. I’m guessing Andrew was throwing, but wasn’t in the vid. 

No other receivers seen or mentioned...Hmm.

Knowing Andrew he had a helmet from the 1970's on shaped like a big bowling ball :lol: