Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quenton Nelson is the highest rookie.....

TKnight24

Not that Madden ratings mean anything...but that seems a bit weak. Rated relative to other Gs...you would think would have him rated higher than 83...especially considering he is the best G prospect in a very long time. For reference, Warmack had an 84 OVR and Cooper had an 83 OVR in Madden 25 (though I am not sure if that was launch ratings or final updated ratings after the season).

I would just think that Nelson would be the outlier for rookie ratings at his position...like RG3 was at QB. 

On 7/3/2018 at 6:32 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

83 is generally the highest you'll get from a player in a normal draft on Madden, so that's a good compliment getting an 83. Nelson will definitely be a force for years to come!

Barkley should be higher. . . 

I say that due to the position.  I'm not really a Madden player but the thing is for RB's there isn't a huge ton of learning involved in playing the position.  The biggest issue is probably picking up the blitz when assigned to block.  Maybe for a pass catching back route running can use some work as well.

But generally speaking RB's hit their prime quicker then anyone else.  And that may start in their rookie year.  

There is a bit more learning for OL.  

QB's shouldn't be very high at all as rookies honestly.  Mayfield is 81. . . but I think Luck was rated at a 79 as a rookie.  And Luck was a much much higher rated prospect.

But the thing is that QB is the hardest position to learn.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I say that due to the position.  I'm not really a Madden player but the thing is for RB's there isn't a huge ton of learning involved in playing the position.  The biggest issue is probably picking up the blitz when assigned to block.  Maybe for a pass catching back route running can use some work as well.

But generally speaking RB's hit their prime quicker then anyone else.  And that may start in their rookie year.  

QB's shouldn't be very high at all as rookies honestly.  Mayfield is 81. . . but I think Luck was rated at a 79 as a rookie.  And Luck was a much much higher rated prospect.

I agree with that. RB's are generally very easy to find as 80s-83s in Madden drafts, more than other positions. Although I do think Barkley will be a bust, he should be ranked higher for Madden purposes. I shouldn't be able to find a 3rd round RB after my 1st season of play that is a better rookie than Barkley.

13 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

13 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I agree with that. RB's are generally very easy to find as 80s-83s in Madden drafts, more than other positions. Although I do think Barkley will be a bust, he should be ranked higher for Madden purposes. I shouldn't be able to find a 3rd round RB after my 1st season of play that is a better rookie than Barkley.

I don't know.  I think RB is the most volatile of positional ratings for Madden.

When a guy like Alvin Kamara (a 3rd round pick) or Kareem Hunt (another 3rd round pick) can become one of the best RBs in the league after his rookie season, while a guy like Trent Richardson (3rd overall pick) can become one of the biggest busts in NFL history after his rookie season...

How do you accurately rate RBs?  Let's be honest, Barkley could struggle in NY because of the system/injuries, while Nyheim Hines could lead rookies/the league in touches/yards/TDs. (Not likely, I'm just saying...)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

the problem with luck and madden ratings is its the intangibles that make him special.  im not knocking his arm or anything either, its just most QBs have that

they even have a stat for intangibles in madden, but i dont think it does much

21 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I shouldn't be able to find a 3rd round RB after my 1st season of play that is a better rookie than Barkley.

you can do that to pretty much any of the top RBs, not just barkley.  the overall rating doesnt matter much

the thing is only a couple of stats actually matter for RBs, at least for how i play.  i use a one cut and run system, any back with high speed and acceleration and at least 60 or so ball carry can be among the top rushers 

barkley would be a good fit for me, but any back is replaceable in madden