Jared Cisneros

Need Fantasy Football advice for 2018? Ask here!

I'm creating this thread to answer any 2018 Fantasy Football questions you may have for the season. Other people are also welcome to answer question if I can't get to them. Make sure to name the number of teams in the league, whether it's PPR or Non-PPR, and if there are any other positional or roster differences that are unusual in your particular league. 

Have a fun 2018 fantasy season everyone!

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2018 at 8:53 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm creating this thread to answer any 2018 Fantasy Football questions you may have for the season. Other people are also welcome to answer question if I can't get to them. Make sure to name the number of teams in the league, whether it's PPR or Non-PPR, and if there are any other positional or roster differences that are unusual in your particular league. 

Have a fun 2018 fantasy season everyone!

I have the same strategy every year.  I've won multiple Super Bowls with this strategy, and I've never been last in the league with this strategy.  I reach a little bit to make sure I draft the Colts QB and the Colts pass-catchers (usually not more than 1 round early).  Then I just draft the best I can with my other picks, and stay on top of the waiver-wire every week to keep up.  And I usually pickup the Colts DEF and Colts RBs in FA once injuries start to happen just to keep on the bench in case of a good match-up.  (Ultimate Homer, I know)  :D

This worked wonders with Manning/Harrison/Wayne/Clark/Stokely back in the heyday, especially when Freeney and Mathis were getting points for sacks/FF/Fumble recoveries.  It even worked well with Luck/Wayne/Hilton/Doyle recently.  :thmup:

I'm probably going to stick with my strategy, especially since I think Luck-to-Hilton is going to be special AGAIN this season (especially in PPR leagues).  I plan on playing multiple leagues, from 8-12 teams, both PPR and regular, so when should I plan on drafting Luck and Hilton?  I hope they are both bargain picks in any league.  :goodluck:

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I have the same strategy every year.  I've won multiple Super Bowls with this strategy, and I've never been last in the league with this strategy.  I reach a little bit to make sure I draft the Colts QB and the Colts pass-catchers (usually not more than 1 round early).  Then I just draft the best I can with my other picks, and stay on top of the waiver-wire every week to keep up.  And I usually pickup the Colts DEF and Colts RBs in FA once injuries start to happen just to keep on the bench in case of a good match-up.  (Ultimate Homer, I know)  :D

This worked wonders with Manning/Harrison/Wayne/Clark/Stokely back in the heyday, especially when Freeney and Mathis were getting points for sacks/FF/Fumble recoveries.  It even worked well with Luck/Wayne/Hilton/Doyle recently.  :thmup:

I'm probably going to stick with my strategy, especially since I think Luck-to-Hilton is going to be special AGAIN this season (especially in PPR leagues).  I plan on playing multiple leagues, from 8-12 teams, both PPR and regular, so when should I plan on drafting Luck and Hilton?  I hope they are both bargain picks in any league.  :goodluck:

Draft Hilton in the 3rd round if you want him. He will go soon after that. Luck is a bit more interesting, As of now, he will go in the mid rounds of 12+ team leagues, and in the later rounds of 10 team leagues and less. At least in my leagues, the QBs don't start to go until round 4 (usually when Rodgers goes and starts the trend). So you don't have to worry about Luck for a long time. My advice if you take Luck is, get some insurance in case he misses the start of the season or starts rusty. Garappolo would a nice late option, or someone like Rivers at that point (if Luck does his thing, they will serve as insurance and a low pick spent like they are supposed to while providing insurance).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Draft Hilton in the 3rd round if you want him. He will go soon after that. Luck is a bit more interesting, As of now, he will go in the mid rounds of 12+ team leagues, and in the later rounds of 10 team leagues and less. At least in my leagues, the QBs don't start to go until round 4 (usually when Rodgers goes and starts the trend). So you don't have to worry about Luck for a long time. My advice if you take Luck is, get some insurance in case he misses the start of the season or starts rusty. Garappolo would a nice late option, or someone like Rivers at that point (if Luck does his thing, they will serve as insurance and a low pick spent like they are supposed to while providing insurance).

That's good advice.  I'm hoping I can wait as long as possible on Luck and Hilton and have a solid roster around them.  Because if those two click right off the bat, and I have a solid team around them...

Dxez2nH.gif

• Like 1

I have a team in the nfl fantasy league, with a projected points week 1 of 101.4

Is that good, first year i have played

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Waldon said:

I have a team in the nfl fantasy league, with a projected points week 1 of 101.4

Is that good, first year i have played

It depends what type of league and how many people. In a 12 man standard that would be good. But projections mean nothing and will only lead to disappointment lol

5 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

It depends what type of league and how many people. In a 12 man standard that would be good. But projections mean nothing and will only lead to disappointment lol

It is a 12 man standard, i have 4 teams, that is just the highest one, and ofcourse i have my one all colts team. Thanks