Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Fantasy Football advice for 2018? Ask here!

12 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Amari Cooper was a dud in my fanduel lineup. Luckily, I also had Gurley and Goff in the same lineup;  they helped me get extra points. I thought that Oakland would play better than they did. 

Ya I sat miller anyways cause of his injury.

9 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Since M. Ingram is back and clearly snaking TD's from A. Kamara, should I look to trade Kamara away while I can?  Possibly trade Kamara and a WR for David Johnson?

No. Not many teams have lousy Ds like the Redskins do. Sean Payton loves to mess with fantasy gamers, so stand pat. Watch how Kamara does in the next couple of weeks, he will be back to double digit production. It might not be what it was early on in the season but what is the guarantee David Johnson will provide you what Kamara used to provide? It will be a push, IMO, given Arizona's state of offense.

Don't jump the gun here, hold on to Kamara. 

• Like 2

My roster in a 14-team league:

QBs: Goff, Luck

RBs: Kamara, Hyde, Henry, Yeldon

WRs/TEs (can both be used in flex spot): Adams, Hill, Godwin, Allison, Kittle

Ds: Rams, Ravens

K: Elliott

Do I drop Allison or do I stand pat there? It is a 0.4 PPR league.

WRs available are Scantling (his teammate), Keke Coutee, Robby Anderson. RBs available are Wendell Smallwood, Corey Clement. Slim pickings. Or do I not need to make any move at this point?

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

My roster in a 14-team league:

QBs: Goff, Luck

RBs: Kamara, Hyde, Henry, Yeldon

WRs/TEs (can both be used in flex spot): Adams, Hill, Godwin, Allison, Kittle

Ds: Rams, Ravens

K: Elliott

Do I drop Allison or do I stand pat there? It is a 0.4 PPR league.

I doubt there's much better on waivers

My team in a 10 team league:

QB Matt Ryan, Baker

RB saquon, Zeke, mixon, Nyheim Hines

WR Tyreek, Kupp, Ridley, Will Fuller, Alshon Jeffrey, Doug Baldwin

TE Jimmy Graham

Def Bears

im 4-1 right now and wanting to pick up one of the eagles RBs now that Ajayi is out. Clement or Smallwood? Also would you trade Tyreek and Ridley for Dalvin Cook? I already have 3 good RBs but I want a good 4th and I think Dalvin has good upside. But that trade would weaken my WRs for a guy that could sit on my bench 

2 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

QB Matt Ryan, Baker

TE Jimmy Graham

Def Bears

im 4-1 right now and wanting to pick up one of the eagles RBs now that Ajayi is out. Clement or Smallwood? Also would you trade Tyreek and Ridley for Dalvin Cook? I already have 3 good RBs but I want a good 4th and I think Dalvin has good upside. But that trade would weaken my WRs for a guy that could sit on my bench 

No to the trade. Word is Eagles have reached out to the Bills for getting LeSean McCoy, so stand pat and don't rush into the Eagles' RBs, I don't trust that RBC, just my opinion personally. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

QB Matt Ryan, Baker

TE Jimmy Graham

Def Bears

Same as @chad72

10 team .5 ppr

QB: Luck @jets, big ben @Cin

RB: M. Gordon, J. Mixon, Hines @jets, Powell vs Ind, D. Cook (Q) vs Ari

WR: Landry vs LAC, Diggs vs Ari, Kupp (Q) @Den, C. Davis vs Bal

Flex: J. Brown @Ten

10 team full ppr

QB: Cousins vs Ari, Big Ben

RB: M. Gordon, L. Miller vs Buf, K. Drake vs Chi, Kamara (bye)

WR: M. Evans @Atl, A. Robinson @Mia, C. Kupp(Q) @Den, D. Westbrook @Dal, T. Lockett @Oak

TE: G. Kittle @Oak, C. Brate @Atl

Flex: D. Jackson @Atl

If Kupp is healthy I'll play him in flex. 

20 hours ago, Narcosys said:

10 team .5 ppr

QB: Luck @jets, big ben @Cin

RB: M. Gordon, J. Mixon, Hines @jets, Powell vs Ind, D. Cook (Q) vs Ari

WR: Landry vs LAC, Diggs vs Ari, Kupp (Q) @Den, C. Davis vs Bal

Flex: J. Brown @Ten

10 team full ppr

QB: Cousins vs Ari, Big Ben

RB: M. Gordon, L. Miller vs Buf, K. Drake vs Chi, Kamara (bye)

WR: M. Evans @Atl, A. Robinson @Mia, C. Kupp(Q) @Den, D. Westbrook @Dal, T. Lockett @Oak

TE: G. Kittle @Oak, C. Brate @Atl

Flex: D. Jackson @Atl

If Kupp is healthy I'll play him in flex. 

Your choices seem to be fine. 

Here are my choices in a team (standard with 6 pts for passing TD):

QB: Goff, Wilson

WRs: Diggs, Sanu, Cole, Godwin

RBs: Yeldon, Freeman, Morris, Fournette, Ronald Jones

TEs: Cameron Brate

Format is 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 WR/TE, 1 WR/TE/RB (6 skill position players with 2 flexes)

I will monitor Kupp and Cooks' status before the game and if one of them is not healthy, I might go with Wilson vs Raiders, I am thinking. Out of the 6 skill position players, my debate is between Godwin and Cameron Brate. 

EDIT: Devonta Freeman developed a new injury and if he is not good to go, I will play both Godwin and Brate in what I think will be a shootout.

7 hours ago, chad72 said:

Your choices seem to be fine. 

Here are my choices in a team (standard with 6 pts for passing TD):

QB: Goff, Wilson

WRs: Diggs, Sanu, Cole, Godwin

RBs: Yeldon, Freeman, Morris, Fournette, Ronald Jones

TEs: Cameron Brate

Format is 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 WR/TE, 1 WR/TE/RB (6 skill position players with 2 flexes)

I will monitor Kupp and Cooks' status before the game and if one of them is not healthy, I might go with Wilson vs Raiders, I am thinking. Out of the 6 skill position players, my debate is between Godwin and Cameron Brate. 

EDIT: Devonta Freeman developed a new injury and if he is not good to go, I will play both Godwin and Brate in what I think will be a shootout.

Sounds about right man. 

16 hours ago, chad72 said:

Looks like both are good to go, practicing in full. Do I replace Mixon vs Pit (a tough matchup) with Cook vs Ari (which is a great matchup).

If not, flex kupp or cook in over brown?

9 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Looks like both are good to go, practicing in full. Do I replace Mixon vs Pit (a tough matchup) with Cook vs Ari (which is a great matchup).

Mixon will still get a lot of touches in the passing game since Giovani is not there to hog the passing down touches, IMO. Mixon is to the Bengals right now what Conner is to Pitt, in terms of touches. I'd still play Mixon. 

Plus, the Vikings have almost adopted a Colts like approach, putting a 70-30 ratio in favor of the pass and Kirk Cousins, it feels like, is showing himself worthy of his contract and sometimes might be passing more to show he is worthy of it, I feel. 

10 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I have mixon, but I’ve been trying to trade for Cook. I think this is the game where Cook breaks out. If I was you I’d start Gordon, mixon, and cook in your flex. 

Id also start kupp over Diggs if healthy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

I have mixon, but I’ve been trying to trade for Cook. I think this is the game where Cook breaks out. If I was you I’d start Gordon, mixon, and cook in your flex. 

I agree. I'd go all RBs if I am starting Cook, where Cook is FLEX. I would not replace Mixon with Cook though for the starting RB.

34 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Tyler Boyd at home vs Pitt.

or 

Calvin Ridley at home vs TB

All of Ridley's TDs have come at home and while counting on TDs over looks is not a good strategy, I feel Ridley is bound to have a bounce back game. Thoughts???

Ridley has the better QB and the better matchup, but like you said, he’s very touchdown dependent. It’s a toss up imo. Boyd probably has the higher floor based off of targets alone, but Ridley has the higher ceiling. I’d probably go with Ridley tbh. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Fanduel lineup PPR tournament, which high profile WR should I go with. I can only afford one of these choices: 

Julio Jones at home against TB

Antonio Brown @ Cincinnati

Julio Jones, because he is at home and AB is on the road.

Cincinnati finds a way to limit Antonio Brown since they are so familiar with him in the division, especially at home. 

• Like 1

Here is a 10 team league line up of mine, standard league:

QBs: Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton

RBs: David Johnson at Minn., Carlos Hyde vs LAC, James White vs KC, Lindsay vs LAR

WRs: Doug Baldwin at Oakland, Davante Adams vs SF, Tyler Boyd vs Pitt, Calvin Ridley vs TB, Kenny Golladay on bye

TE: Kelce at NE

DEF: Ravens

K: Graham Gano

My current choices are in bold. True question is choosing the right 5 from amongst my RBs and WRs, any thoughts?? Or do I bench both David Johnson and Carlos Hyde and play Tyler Boyd as the 3rd wide out?? Or play David Johnson because of touches and because the Browns may be playing from behind more leading to fewer touches for Carlos Hyde and bench Hyde and play D. Johnson???

On 10/12/2018 at 4:40 PM, Luck 4 president said:

Kupp over diggs is interesting, so start kupp and landry?

2 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

I just read that Cook will be limited to 20-25 snaps. So I’d start all 3 of your receivers along with Gordon and mixon

Was just about to say that.

Interesting bit though, crowell is questionable keeping Powell the main guy against us, risky but flex him? Could be a big day. Same with Hines.

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

Here is a 10 team league line up of mine, standard league:

QBs: Jameis Winston, Andy Dalton

RBs: David Johnson at Minn., Carlos Hyde vs LAC, James White vs KC, Lindsay vs LAR

WRs: Doug Baldwin at Oakland, Davante Adams vs SF, Tyler Boyd vs Pitt, Calvin Ridley vs TB, Kenny Golladay on bye

TE: Kelce at NE

DEF: Ravens

K: Graham Gano

My current choices are in bold. True question is choosing the right 5 from amongst my RBs and WRs, any thoughts?? Or do I bench both David Johnson and Carlos Hyde and play Tyler Boyd as the 3rd wide out?? Or play David Johnson because of touches and because the Browns may be playing from behind more leading to fewer touches for Carlos Hyde and bench Hyde and play D. Johnson???

Id almost play Boyd, but it's a division matchup,  and pit did well last week to stop Ridley. However it is a home game. Pits focus might be on green and mixon, so maybe go Boyd.

I almost want to say Johnson, hyde, and white. I think lindsay has the lowest potential in your backs this week.

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Id almost play Boyd, but it's a division matchup,  and pit did well last week to stop Ridley. However it is a home game. Pits focus might be on green and mixon, so maybe go Boyd.

I almost want to say Johnson, hyde, and white. I think lindsay has the lowest potential in your backs this week.

One of my co-workers told me that Hilton, their safety being back, helped Pitt's D a lot since he blitzes a lot from the slot. Plus T.J.Watt has started playing better. If I did not have options, I'd play Boyd.

It is a case of "let me wait and see if Pitt. D has really turned around a corner" or "whenever John Ross is in the line up, Boyd gets double digit production (Ross was out last week and is in this week which helps take a little focus off Boyd)". Decisions, decisions.... :) 

As far as my RBs go, Rams have been deceptively bad vs the run this year. Carson and Mike Davis ran very well against them last week. Plus Lindsay is their pass catching RB and the one that plays most snaps when they are behind. Broncos will be playing from behind this week, Cardinals will be playing from behind this week. Browns not so sure since they play the Chargers well (7-6 win vs Norv Turner in 2012, 27-30 in 2015, 20-17 in 2016 for their only win) and might be a push thus allowing me to roll with Hyde, Browns' D at home is better too.

D.Johnson's lack of involvement in the passing game is a head scratcher, thus he has not been worth his game involvement as a round 1 pick. Pass game RBs have done better vs Vikes and unless D.Johnson is more involved in the passing game, cannot chance him this week.

At least, that is my thought process.

• Like 1

Trade offered to me

M. Gordon

for

M. Evans, M. Breida, and L. Bell

Current Roster

RB: M. Gordon, J. Mixon, D. Cook, B. Powell, N. Hines

WR: C. Kupp, J. Landry, S. Diggs, J. Brown, C. Davis

Thinking of pushing for A.J. Green instead of Evans from him.

He also offered

J. Mixon

For

K. Golladay and J. Howard

The first one is the most risky but most beneficial I think. Thoughts

@chad72 @teganslaw @Jared Cisneros  @Luck 4 president

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Trade offered to me

M. Gordon

for

Current Roster

He also offered

J. Mixon

For

Take the second one and run with it. 

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

What is the scoop on LeVeon Bell?

Just that he is returning week 7. I don't expect him to start until Week 9 however. So he might be valuable in the late game, but I would essentially take two losses to gain him.

For the second trade, should I push to get Breida over Howard?

6 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Just that he is returning week 7. I don't expect him to start until Week 9 however. So he might be valuable in the late game, but I would essentially take two losses to gain him.

For the second trade, should I push to get Breida over Howard?

I would. It gives you plenty of depth without compromising the short term or long term, IMO.

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Trade offered to me

M. Gordon

for

Current Roster

He also offered

J. Mixon

For

I wouldn’t do either. If he threw in AJ green then I’d do the first one. Gordon is having a career year and I think Bell will be in a committee when he comes back. I don’t think he’ll be the sole starter like previous years. James Connor has done enough to prove he can make plays given the opportunity, and he is their future so he’s not going to sit on the bench. Mike Evans had a few good games early, and that’s a product of fitzmagic. I expect him to be very inconsistent, and have disappointing games more often then not.

and mixon is a much better option then Howard. Howard has Tariq Cohen taking snaps from him, and hasn’t consistently had a good workload under Matt Nagy. Mixon will get 15-25 touches a week on a much better offense. And Galladay isn’t enough to make up the difference especially with the receivers you already have. Imo you’d be trading a must start guy for 2 rotation guys. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

I wouldn’t do either. If he threw in AJ green then I’d do the first one. Gordon is having a career year and I think Bell will be in a committee when he comes back. I don’t think he’ll be the sole starter like previous years. James Connor has done enough to prove he can make plays given the opportunity, and he is their future so he’s not going to sit on the bench. Mike Evans had a few good games early, and that’s a product of fitzmagic. I expect him to be very inconsistent, and have disappointing games more often then not.

and mixon is a much better option then Howard. Howard has Tariq Cohen taking snaps from him, and hasn’t consistently had a good workload under Matt Nagy. Mixon will get 15-25 touches a week on a much better offense. And Galladay isn’t enough to make up the difference especially with the receivers you already have. Imo you’d be trading a must start guy for 2 rotation guys. 

I don't think Golladay is a rotation guy, he is close to a WR2 now. Jordan Howard, his schedule gets better as time goes on. Yes, it is always a risk you take but that is the point of a trade, there is always "some" uncertainty.

How about this? Would you trade away Carlos Hyde for Jordan Howard, straight up?

26 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I don't think Golladay is a rotation guy, he is close to a WR2 now. Jordan Howard, his schedule gets better as time goes on. Yes, it is always a risk you take but that is the point of a trade, there is always "some" uncertainty.

How about this? Would you trade away Carlos Hyde for Jordan Howard, straight up?

Galladay wouldn’t normally be a rotation guy, but with Kupp, Diggs, and Landry already there, I could see him rotating based off of matchups. Galladay gets less catches than the other guys so I could see his numbers being very inconsistent going forward.

and I think it’s a pretty even trade for Hyde and Howard, although I’d rather be on the Howard side. Hyde’s carries have declined each week since week 2 while Johnson and Chubb’s carries have slowly gone up. Howard won’t have to worry, because he will continue to be the workhorse 

@chad72 @Luck 4 president

How's this

Green, golladay, howard, bell

For

Gordon and Landry (he has a thing for Landry)

Kupp might end up being out for several weeks, if not the season. So I just have diggs that's a performer.

He's probably reject that though.

Starts would be green, diggs, mixon and cook. Flex Golladay until bell starts. Possibly use Kupp, diggs, or cook later in a trade if kupp gets back.

• Like 1