Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Fantasy Football advice for 2018? Ask here!

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@Chad72

E. Sanders is injured and probably out. Is Sutton now a play over anyone?

Yes, he is. Just not sure what is going to happen with him garnering all the attention? I am sure someone else will emerge, just not sure who, just the timing of it is terrible.

Same thing with Boyd and A.J.Green. However, I trust Boyd more than Sutton, if you look at both their situations and target shares. Jeff Heuermann was getting targets, he goes on IR, and then Sutton's targets go up, and now Sanders goes on IR, which probably makes it harder on Sutton, IMO.

I really don't know. Just go with who you have, to be honest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

I need a second running back. Tarik Cohen, Jordan Howard or Justin Jackson? Thanks.

Amongst those, easily Tarik Cohen. Whenever a game is competitive for the Bears, Tarik Cohen is the guy but the Rams do have good sideline-to-sideline speed amongst their LBs, but the game will be competitive. Justin Jackson has the same upside but at this point in the season, Cohen is the safest floor, so you go with Cohen.

I have two questions about who to start? 

First, which defense do I start?

Texans (home against Indy) or

Chargers (home against the Bengals)? 

Second, im thinking of picking Samuels up for the steelers but would need to drop another RB to do so (league limits me to 5 RBs), would you drop either P.  Barber or Tevin Coleman for Samuels?

1 hour ago, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

Second, im thinking of picking Samuels up for the steelers but would need to drop another RB to do so (league limits me to 5 RBs), would you drop either P.  Barber or Tevin Coleman for Samuels?

Chargers for defense.

Peyton Barber - Saints, Ravens, Cowboys is the run D line up he is facing, not good for him.

7 hours ago, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

Chargers, barber.

19 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Tournament PPR: Godwin or Humphries against NO? I'm not sure who will have the larger impact or snaps. Both seem like good choices. 

Godwin, speaking objectively though I own Humphries in 2 leagues. DeSean Jackson will not be back this year or next year, IMO, and Chris Godwin has a chance to show what he can do as an outside wide out vs the Saints. He will definitely get more yards and outside wide outs have scored TDs in road games vs Saints recently (Diggs/Thielen, Julio/Ridley). I hate that it might turn out that way because I own Humphries but that is my objective evaluation. :) 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yes, he is. Just not sure what is going to happen with him garnering all the attention? I am sure someone else will emerge, just not sure who, just the timing of it is terrible.

Same thing with Boyd and A.J.Green. However, I trust Boyd more than Sutton, if you look at both their situations and target shares. Jeff Heuermann was getting targets, he goes on IR, and then Sutton's targets go up, and now Sanders goes on IR, which probably makes it harder on Sutton, IMO.

I really don't know. Just go with who you have, to be honest. 

With Darnold possibly returning and McCown playing well, I'm not certain that the bills would be the best defense to play. The Rams D versus Bears could be better IF Trubisky doesn't play, and KC could be a smart play too with Lamar Jackson not being a true passer. 

5 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

With Darnold possibly returning and McCown playing well, I'm not certain that the bills would be the best defense to play. The Rams D versus Bears could be better IF Trubisky doesn't play, and KC could be a smart play too with Lamar Jackson not being a true passer. 

May I present the fact that it is Darnold's first game back and he has thrown an INT every 14 pass attempts for the highest in the NFL outside Nathan Peterman, who is no longer in the league. I am actually scared that Darnold is starting. I hope he doesn't go Nathan Peterman on me since I am going against the Bills D in a league. They are also the #1 D vs QBs. 

• Like 1

Alright, hear me out, tell me if I am crazy or reasonable:

I am in this 14 team league that is all about capping QB production. 3 points for passing TD only, 0.02 per passing yards, -1 for INT, 1 point for 300-399 yards, 0.1 for each pass completed, 6 pts for rushing or receiving TD, 0.08 points per rushing yard. 

This means that (say) if Luck throws for 350 yards, completes 30 passes and 2 TDs, 1 INT vs the Texans, he gets 7 + 3 + 6 - 1, a whopping 15 points. Luck has not been running a lot lately. So even if I throw in 20 yards rushing, I get to 16.6 points.

My other QB is Josh Allen. I saw how Mariota used his legs vs the Jets at home, and how Allen has been running a lot. 0.08 per rushing yards.

So, if Josh Allen rushes for 60 yards (he has been rushing for way more than this) and 1 TD, throws for 200 yards and 1 TD completing 20 passes, I get 60 * 0.08 = 4.8 + 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 19.8 points.

Given how my league's points are structured, does Josh Allen become a better play at home vs Jets than Luck with a Ryan Kelly-less-Jack Doyle-less OL going against the Texans' DL on the road, or at worst a push in a home match up against the Jets???

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Alright, hear me out, tell me if I am crazy or reasonable:

I am in this 14 team league that is all about capping QB production. 3 points for passing TD only, 0.02 per passing yards, -1 for INT, 1 point for 300-399 yards, 0.1 for each pass completed, 6 pts for rushing or receiving TD, 0.08 points per rushing yard. 

This means that (say) if Luck throws for 350 yards, completes 30 passes and 2 TDs, 1 INT vs the Texans, he gets 7 + 3 + 6 - 1, a whopping 15 points. Luck has not been running a lot lately. So even if I throw in 20 yards rushing, I get to 16.6 points.

My other QB is Josh Allen. I saw how Mariota used his legs vs the Jets at home, and how Allen has been running a lot. 0.08 per rushing yards.

So, if Josh Allen rushes for 60 yards (he has been rushing for way more than this) and 1 TD, throws for 200 yards and 1 TD completing 20 passes, I get 60 * 0.08 = 4.8 + 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 = 19.8 points.

Given how my league's points are structured, does Josh Allen become a better play at home vs Jets than Luck with a Ryan Kelly-less-Jack Doyle-less OL going against the Texans' DL on the road, or at worst a push in a home match up against the Jets???

The math adds up and it seems running QB's are worth more.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Either Jordan Thomas or Cameron Brate. Both games could be high scoring. I don't trust Herndon against Buffalo and not sure about Seal-Jones. 

Might role with thomas or Herndon. He gets the targets from darnold.  Thomas is a real flyer to me. Brate is up against the toughest defense when it comes to TEs. Their LBs have been stopping all TEs.

Plus I already have Humphries and Evans starting...I'll look more into thomas, but they just don't incorporate him.

7 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Might role with thomas or Herndon. He gets the targets from darnold.  Thomas is a real flyer to me. Brate is up against the toughest defense when it comes to TEs. Their LBs have been stopping all TEs.

Plus I already have Humphries and Evans starting...I'll look more into thomas, but they just don't incorporate him.

Herndon gets targets from Darnold, who is supposed to start vs Bills on Sunday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teganslaw said:

I saw that Darnold will be back, but the Bills have normally been tough on TEs. Maybe it would be worth a shot for Herndon because of Darnold, although I would temper my expectations. I could be wrong, but that's just how I feel. 

Cowboys got gouged by Zach Ertz the first time, how has Dallas Goedert been doing? I bet they devote extra resources to Ertz and Goedert might be the recipient this time. 

This is the targets for TE from weeks 11 through 13, and in fantasy, it typically a case of what you have done for me lately:

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports/targets-distribution/te.php?year=2018&start=11&end=13&show=totals

Dallas Goedert and Demetrius Harris stand out to me among the TE2 guys. Unless one of those TE1 guys is still available and you trust them??? Giants are weak vs TEs and I bet Reed or Davis finds the end zone this weekend.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Cowboys got gouged by Zach Ertz the first time, how has Dallas Goedert been doing? I bet they devote extra resources to Ertz and Goedert might be the recipient this time. 

This is the targets for TE from weeks 11 through 13, and in fantasy, it typically a case of what you have done for me lately:

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/reports/targets-distribution/te.php?year=2018&start=11&end=13&show=totals

Dallas Goedert and Demetrius Harris stand out to me among the TE2 guys. Unless one of those TE1 guys is still available and you trust them??? Giants are weak vs TEs and I bet Reed or Davis finds the end zone this weekend.

Of the ones with 10+ targets on that list

Herndon

R. Ellison

Brate

D. Arnold

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@chad72, @teganslaw

The weather forecast for TB vs NO is near thunderstorm level, 100% chance of rain, with 10-12 mph winds from one endzone to the other.

The game could be postponed if thunder and lightning is a problem. Also, it might not be as high scoring.  Have to see how this affects fantasy as I have Godwin in one of my lineups. 

3 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Does anyone let weather determine their fantasy lineup? I'm thinking about the forecast in Tampa. If the weather is going to be bad, maybe I shouldn't use anyone from NO or Tampa in my lineup, go with another team. Thoughts? 

The thunderstorms are in the morning, done by noon and rain stops by 2, and only 10% chance by game time.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Herndon is an okay option with Darnold back, however, with Beckham out, I would go with Engram. I think he scores today with 4-6 receptions.

Tick off saints, only 1 TD to TEs for the season...two to brate already. Go figure.

4 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I saw that. I dont think anyone could have predicted over 200 yards and a td by halftime...

Playing both Justin Jackson and Humphries over Ware and Kittle, enough said. Ekeler got a jolt of job security and is running mad today

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

Playing both Justin Jackson and Humphries over Ware and Kittle, enough said. Ekeler got a jolt of job security and is running mad today

Ya I have them too. I wouldn't have won anyways. But the #1 defenses gave up the most, NO and Bal, over the people who had the easiest matchups.

Sorry man.

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Ya I have them too. I wouldn't have won anyways. But the #1 defenses gave up the most, NO and Bal, over the people who had the easiest matchups.

Sorry man.

I am hanging by a thread with a 17 point lead with Chris Carson and Diggs for my opponent tonight. It is a 0.5 PPR, so I am not too hopeful. I need a lot of luck. 

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am hanging by a thread with a 17 point lead with Chris Carson and Diggs for my opponent tonight. It is a 0.5 PPR, so I am not too hopeful. I need a lot of luck. 

ya it's going to be close, but Diggs could fall on his face in this matchup like he does against tough opponents.

13 hours ago, Narcosys said:

ya it's going to be close, but Diggs could fall on his face in this matchup like he does against tough opponents.

That Carson TD with 3 minutes to go did me in. Otherwise, I would have won by a couple of points. Darn Justin Jackson and Humphries.

I remember several years ago when I was trying to hold on to a lead vs Seattle on MNF going against Marshawn Lynch. With 3 minutes to go, RW passes to Lynch for a TD for me to lose that game. Seattle and their primary RBs on MNF holding on to a lead, I had a weird gut feeling remembering that game when I was following this game. My worst fears came true. You can't make this stuff up.  :)