Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Fantasy Football advice for 2018? Ask here!

43 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

I wouldn’t do that trade personally. I think Dalvin cook is gonna do well down the final stretch now that he’s healthy. And Jared Cook is very inconsistent and gets very few targets. If it was me I’d keep cook and get rid of Breida and try to get a better TE 

Heck no to getting rid of Breida. The problem is talent vs production. Dalvin Cook is a better talent while Breida has better production. Plus, with Mostert on IR, the road is paved for good production for Breida and Kyle Shanahan's zone blocking that suits him real well.

Dalvin Cook - the true problem is the Vikings' commitment to the run. Even when the run is going fine, the Vikings do not run often or give Murray plenty of RBC carries within the 20 times they attempt to run. 

So, that is why I am bearish on Dalvin Cook and bullish on Matt Breida. Production trumps talent in FF any day of the week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Heck no to getting rid of Breida. The problem is talent vs production. Dalvin Cook is a better talent while Breida has better production. Plus, with Mostert on IR, the road is paved for good production for Breida and Kyle Shanahan's zone blocking that suits him real well.

Dalvin Cook - the true problem is the Vikings' commitment to the run. Even when the run is going fine, the Vikings do not run often or give Murray plenty of RBC carries within the 20 times they attempt to run. 

So, that is why I am bearish on Dalvin Cook and bullish on Matt Breida. Production trumps talent in FF any day of the week. 

I get what you’re saying. I think that Breida holds more value with less upside than Dalvin Cook right now. So I’m saying try to trade for a better or more consistent TE. Maybe he can put a package together for Ertz or Ebron coming off bad weeks. 

Breida has Seahawks and Chicago as his playoff matchups compared to Cook’s Miami and Detroit. Those are two good run defenses and if the 49ers get down a couple of touchdowns early, which is likely, then the 49ers will abandon the run. I don’t think that will happen with Cook’s matchups. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

I get what you’re saying. I think that Breida holds more value with less upside than Dalvin Cook right now. So I’m saying try to trade for a better or more consistent TE. Maybe he can put a package together for Ertz or Ebron coming off bad weeks. 

Breida has Seahawks and Chicago as his playoff matchups compared to Cook’s Miami and Detroit. Those are two good run defenses and if the 49ers get down a couple of touchdowns early, which is likely, then the 49ers will abandon the run. I don’t think that will happen with Cook’s matchups. 

If you’ve seen enough 49ers games, you should know that Shanahan doesn’t go away from the run even while trailing 1 or 2 TDs. Plus, the Vikings do not run as much while leading either. That’s what I’ve gathered so far with the Vikings being bottom third in the league in rushing attempts.

16 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

With OJ Howard heading to IR Brate looks like a good choice. He was solid last year but kinda took a backseat to Howard this year. 

I agree. Just not sure if they will go more to 3 WR formations now more than before with Howard on IR. If they do that, Brate becomes more TD dependent because that has always been his trump card with Winston in the past. 

2 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Honestly with kickers I don’t think good/bad matchups mean anything. I just find a consistent kicker and stick with them all season. 

Ya well every time I get a kicker, they drop 4 or less. Like 5 weeks in a row I seemingly get eggs from the top scoring kickers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Crazy to ask but

Cody parkey @Det on Thursday

Vinatieri vs Mia

Fairbairn vs Ten on Monday

Right now, Vinatieri is a good option. You can't go wrong with Fairbairn either. 

Mitch Trubisky has been downgraded to doubtful for Thursday, so I wouldn't do Cody Parkey at all.

• Thanks 1

Ok so trade deadline is this week. I’m 10-1 but there are 3 other teams that have a shot at winning in the playoffs.

QB Goff, Mayfield 

RB Zeke, Barkley, Mixon, Mack

WR thielen, Green, Alshon, Sutton

TE kittle

Def Bears

im thinking of trading Mixon for Chubb. Both have great matchups for playoffs but I think Chubb will be better. I’m also thinking of packaging Mack and Thielen for a top WR like Jones, Hopkins, or davante Adams. $200 and bragging rights are on the line haha. 

5 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Ok so trade deadline is this week. I’m 10-1 but there are 3 other teams that have a shot at winning in the playoffs.

QB Goff, Mayfield 

RB Zeke, Barkley, Mixon, Mack

WR thielen, Green, Alshon, Sutton

TE kittle

Def Bears

im thinking of trading Mixon for Chubb. Both have great matchups for playoffs but I think Chubb will be better. I’m also thinking of packaging Mack and Thielen for a top WR like Jones, Hopkins, or davante Adams. $200 and bragging rights are on the line haha. 

Thielen is a top wr. Unless you think he's got significant drop off coming up. Id do green.

Man, having both Jordan Howard and Derrick Henry in my roster is like a curse. Do I rather pick up Jordan Wilkins? It seems like he would at least give me yards and his involvement in the Colts offense is going to grow, I think. Thoughts???

Slim pickings in 14 team league - Carlos Hyde, Jordan Wilkins, Jacquizz Rodgers, Alfred Morris, Corey Clement are the top RBs on waivers :( 

My RBs on roster are Kamara, Howard, Henry and Yeldon :( 

Thanks to Kamara, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, George Kittle and Andrew Luck, I am second in the league but if I have to go far in the playoffs, I need some production from my RB2. 

@Narcosys @Jared Cisneros

41 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Man, having both Jordan Howard and Derrick Henry in my roster is like a curse. Do I rather pick up Jordan Wilkins? It seems like he would at least give me yards and his involvement in the Colts offense is going to grow, I think. Thoughts???

Slim pickings in 14 team league - Carlos Hyde, Jordan Wilkins, Jacquizz Rodgers, Alfred Morris, Corey Clement are the top RBs on waivers :( 

My RBs on roster are Kamara, Howard, Henry and Yeldon :( 

Thanks to Kamara, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, George Kittle and Andrew Luck, I am second in the league but if I have to go far in the playoffs, I need some production from my RB2. 

Not do I just fancy my chances picking up Spencer Ware and Malcolm Brown, the 2 best handcuffs?

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

Not do I just fancy my chances picking up Spencer Ware and Malcolm Brown, the 2 best handcuffs?

That's all a tough choice. You'd think Howard and Henry would do something. But if you dont need them then take your chances with Wilkins and a handcuff. The lure of keeping Howard and Henry though is appealing.

9 hours ago, Narcosys said:

That's all a tough choice. You'd think Howard and Henry would do something. But if you dont need them then take your chances with Wilkins and a handcuff. The lure of keeping Howard and Henry though is appealing.

My WRs are Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Adam Humphries (only used for week because Hill is on bye week), and my flex options are George Kittle and Jordan Reed (can be RB/WR/TE). Who do I drop to get Wilkins? I am thinking that once Tyreek Hill comes back from his bye week, I won't even consider Humphries, who is a #3 wide out. I will safely drop him, what do you think? 

I will see how Yeldon does in this 0.5 PPR league this weekend. If he is going to give up passing touches to Fournette again, I will drop him and pick up a handcuff?? Yeldon's only value was passing touches. 

Me having both Carlos Hyde and T.J.Yeldon as RBs messed me up as time went on, thanks to Hue Jackson, the Jaguars and the Browns. Carlos Hyde trade shot his value and Fournette coming back shot Yeldon's value. I milked Yeldon for what he was worth during the early weeks, so I can't complain much. :) 

• Like 2

I had a fantasy lineup for the Thanksgiving Day games. It was a five team league and I got first place even with Tre'Quan Smith in my lineup. (I had forgotten to remove him when it was likely he wouldn't play.) Brees, Ingram, and Julio helped me get high scores. Chicago's defense got me 13 points. Lucked out with that. Imagine if Smith would have played!

On 11/20/2018 at 3:48 PM, chad72 said:

Too late, I dropped the Jaguars' D and picked up the Bills' D. Not for just this week but for future weeks - have Jags at home, at Dolphins, and vs NYJ at home. When Josh Allen plays, the reason the Bills keep games close is because he does just enough with his legs and keeps games close. 

Worked out for you

• Like 1

So I have an interesting situation...I am in a 10-team, non-PPR keeper league, where you must retain one player from the previous years roster.  My best keeper options for next year’s draft are Travis Kelce or David Johnson.  So who would you keep, the best TE in the league or the 10th best RB in the league (by current stats)? 

6 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Worked out for you

Yep, 7 pts. in standard league for Bills' D, 0 points for Jaguars' D.

I could see it in their faces, they were deflated after the Steelers' loss and when the going gets tough, the Jags are going to fold moving forward, that is what I anticipate.

That bodes well for the Colts. Keep the game close and pull it off on the road in Jacksonville.  :thmup:

1 hour ago, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

So I have an interesting situation...I am in a 10-team, non-PPR keeper league, where you must retain one player from the previous years roster.  My best keeper options for next year’s draft are Travis Kelce or David Johnson.  So who would you keep, the best TE in the league or the 10th best RB in the league (by current stats)? 

If it is a mandatory TE league, then hands down yes, Kelce.

If it is not a mandatory TE league, I'd go with David Johnson. The question is, what are the rules of the keeper system? If you lose a first round pick for him, then it is not worth it, IMO. You will probably do better than the 10th best RB in round 1 if you don't keep him. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chad72 said:

If it is a mandatory TE league, then hands down yes, Kelce.

If it is not a mandatory TE league, I'd go with David Johnson. The question is, what are the rules of the keeper system? If you lose a first round pick for him, then it is not worth it, IMO. You will probably do better than the 10th best RB in round 1 if you don't keep him. 

Good point, yes it is a manditory TE league and no I do not lose a pick by keeping him.  Keeping Kelce was the direction I was headed, i just needed affirmation

7 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Drop duke Johnson for rams M. Brown?  Gurleys handcuff.

What is your depth? If you have the depth, go for it.

Now, here I have Jordan Howard, Derrick Henry and T.J.Yeldon.

If I have to put in a waiver claim for Justin Jackson, who do I drop first? If then, if I have to pick up Spencer Ware, who do I drop next?

Do I wait for Fournette's suspension decision before I take action on Yeldon?

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

What is your depth? If you have the depth, go for it.

Now, here I have Jordan Howard, Derrick Henry and T.J.Yeldon.

If I have to put in a waiver claim for Justin Jackson, who do I drop first? If then, if I have to pick up Spencer Ware, who do I drop next?

Do I wait for Fournette's suspension decision before I take action on Yeldon?

Wait on yeldon, the other two don't matter to me at all. Henry is better imo, but has tougher schedule.

My depth is mixon, mack, cook

2 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Wait on yeldon, the other two don't matter to me at all. Henry is better imo, but has tougher schedule.

My depth is mixon, mack, cook

Mack could get dicey if Hines becomes starter due to injury, right?

Henry plays Jets, Jaguars, Giants, Redskins in a row, 3 of them at home. It doesn't look daunting to me.

Howard plays Giants, Rams, Packers and 49ers. You can pretty much write out Howard in any competitive game, which means it will be Cohen in all games but 49ers.

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yep, 7 pts. in standard league for Bills' D, 0 points for Jaguars' D.

I could see it in their faces, they were deflated after the Steelers' loss and when the going gets tough, the Jags are going to fold moving forward, that is what I anticipate.

That bodes well for the Colts. Keep the game close and pull it off on the road in Jacksonville.  :thmup:

I’ll admit I was wrong on this. It blows my mind how much different the Jags D is this year. They didn’t lose anybody to FA or injuries yet they aren’t playing half as good as last year. This is the same Jags that was ranked #2 in the preseason (we were 32 lol) and the same jags that beat the patriots. I think they’ve given up on the season which is good for our next matchup.

Dropping Landry for one if the Best WR options left, in no particular order

C. Samuel Car

M. Williams LAC

A. Callaway Cle

J. Ross Cin (already have boyd)

R. Foster Buf

D. Pettis SF

C. Godwin TB (already have Evans)

A. Humphries TB

J. Brown Bal

C. Davis Ten

C. Kirk Ari

Best available RB to drop Duke Johnson for:

L. Blount Det

D. Martin Oak

K. Bibbs Was

F. Gore Mia

N. Hines Ind

L. Murray Min (already have Cook)

Thoughts? Im thinking maybe Blount if I dont get Gurleys handcuff (M. Brown) and the Panthers WR Samuel.

@chad72, @Jared Cisneros

17 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Mack could get dicey if Hines becomes starter due to injury, right?

Henry plays Jets, Jaguars, Giants, Redskins in a row, 3 of them at home. It doesn't look daunting to me.

Howard plays Giants, Rams, Packers and 49ers. You can pretty much write out Howard in any competitive game, which means it will be Cohen in all games but 49ers.

Crap I forgot I have breida too. As far as fantasy points allowed, henry has a tougher schedule.

24 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

C. Samuel Car

M. Williams LAC

A. Callaway Cle

R. Foster Buf

D. Pettis SF

A. Humphries TB

J. Brown Bal

C. Davis Ten

C. Kirk Ari

L. Blount Det

D. Martin Oak

K. Bibbs Was

F. Gore Mia

N. Hines Ind

Thoughts? Im thinking maybe Blount if I dont get Gurleys handcuff (M. Brown) and the Panthers WR Samuel.

@chad72, @Jared Cisneros

Crap I forgot I have breida too. As far as fantasy points allowed, henry has a tougher schedule.

I like Mike Williams and Adam Humphries if you need a WR. Blount is a solid option as well if Kerryon is out another week.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

C. Samuel Car

M. Williams LAC

A. Callaway Cle

R. Foster Buf

D. Pettis SF

A. Humphries TB

J. Brown Bal

C. Davis Ten

C. Kirk Ari

L. Blount Det

D. Martin Oak

K. Bibbs Was

F. Gore Mia

N. Hines Ind

@chad72, @Jared Cisneros

I do agree  with @Jared Cisneros - Mike Williams and Humphries are certainties to shine. No more O.J. Howard in the middle and in comes Humphries in the slot, perfect situation for him. Winston looks for him, like Fitzpatrick used to look for Godwin earlier in the season, funny how certain QBs look for certain WRs in the slot. I'd ride the above 2 as long as I can. 

Look at the snap count of David Moore of Seahawks and compare to Curtis Samuel's targets and snap count percentage, I am going to do the same for another league. Seahawks' schedule is week 13 and week 15 vs 49ers that are soft vs the pass and primary attention now goes to Lockett and maybe Baldwin a bit. David Moore's floor is same as Samuel, IMO, but his ceiling is higher, I feel. There is definitely the issue of Seahawks being a running team vs a lowly 49ers squad too. 49ers are in this funk of "do I yank Nick Mullen and play Beathard or give him more chances?". My rostered guy Kittle - his future is dependent on that. :) 

RB - I'd go with L. Blount since Patricia trusts him. I am not ready to trust Martin yet, especially if the game script goes south, which it will for the Raiders with teams like Chiefs, Steelers around the corner. Chris Thompson is practicing, so cross out Bibbs. Gore is a good option for yards but he has limited ceiling w.r.t TDs.

To me, yards and TDs - it would be Blount and Nyheim Hines if Mack is banged up.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Look at the snap count of David Moore of Seahawks. His schedule is week 13 and week 15 vs 49ers that are soft vs the pass and primary attention now goes to Lockett and maybe Baldwin a bit. David Moore's floor is same as Samuel, IMO, but his ceiling is higher, I feel.

I'd go with L. Blount since Patricia trusts him. I am not ready to trust Martin yet, especially if the game script goes south, which it will for the Raiders with teams like Chiefs, Steelers around the corner. Chris Thompson is practicing, so cross out Bibbs. Gore is a good option for yards but he has limited ceiling w.r.t TDs.

To me, yards and TDs - it would be Blount and Nyheim Hines if Mack is banged up.

Moore isn't available.

Speaking of chiefs, Chiefs D @Oak or Miami D vs Buf?

15 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Moore isn't available.

Speaking of chiefs, Chiefs D @Oak or Miami D vs Buf?

Chiefs' D - Oakland cannot keep up with the point total of the Chiefs and the Chiefs' pass rushers have improved. So, the Raiders will start pressing at some point because their D cannot prevent the bleeding and will put them in a hole quickly.

Buffalo does not throw much under Allen to be picked off. They run, run, run, with the QB and RB till you load the box and then complete a few against 1-on-1 coverage and then run, run, run again. They play stout D allowing very few completions of 20 plus yards (I think they are top 3 in the league there), so they will keep the score differential to a minimum against a team like the Dolphins with Josh Allen as QB. Even with Brady, they limited him to FGs till Derek Anderson messed it up.

The biggest point totals on D vs Bills have come with Nathan Peterman and Derek Anderson as QBs and that won't be the case anymore - it will be Josh Allen or Matt Barkley, IMO, for the future there. RIP DST production, when Peterman was released. No more DST bonanza.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Pick up L. Blount or J. Jackson.

Jackson is appealing due to Gordon being out.

Depends on who is going to be out longer - Kerryon Johnson or Melvin Gordon. 

Otherwise, it would be like picking up Carlos Hyde for a 1 week rental, which is likely to happen this week on waivers. 

42 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Depends on who is going to be out longer - Kerryon Johnson or Melvin Gordon. 

Otherwise, it would be like picking up Carlos Hyde for a 1 week rental, which is likely to happen this week on waivers. 

Gordon is out for 3 weeks minimum.

So after waiver claims, here's my lineup:

QB: Luck

RB: Mixon vs Den; Cook @NE

WR: Evans vs Car; Boyd vs Den

TE: Brate vs Car

Flex: Breida @SEA

D/ST:  KC vs Oak

Bench:

RB: Mack @Jax; J. Jackson @Pit

WR: A. Humphries vs Car; M. Williams @Pit

D/ST: Rams @Det; Mia vs Buf; Buf @Mia

Should I play Humphries over Evans who scored only 2 points against Car last time, while Humphries put up 22; or play Humphries over Boyd/Breida and play three people from the same team?

Then on the Defensive side of things, who stands a better chance of getting more turnovers and possible TDs, KC or Rams? I'm thinking KC, but Detroit is an appealing matchup as well.

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

So after waiver claims, here's my lineup:

QB: Luck

RB: Mixon vs Den; Cook @NE

WR: Evans vs Car; Boyd vs Den

TE: Brate vs Car

Flex: Breida @SEA

D/ST:  KC vs Oak

Bench:

RB: Mack @Jax; J. Jackson @Pit

WR: A. Humphries vs Car; M. Williams @Pit

D/ST: Rams @Det; Mia vs Buf; Buf @Mia

Should I play Humphries over Evans who scored only 2 points against Car last time, while Humphries put up 22; or play Humphries over Boyd/Breida and play three people from the same team?

Then on the Defensive side of things, who stands a better chance of getting more turnovers and possible TDs, KC or Rams? I'm thinking KC, but Detroit is an appealing matchup as well.

I'd still go Evans because Winston looks for him still, purely based on target share.

Defense, I would have to think the Rams because the way the Lions' roster is right now, they cannot play from behind though they will try, and they will, in this game. Raiders, they don't have the personnel, so they will be glad to just keep punting than turn it over with resignation, IMO. It could be like 31-10 vs Raiders while it could be 38-20 vs Lions with a defensive TD, IMO. 

Alright, I finally dropped Derrick Henry in this 0.5 PPR league for Ty Montgomery in a 14 team league, whose curve I think is up with his upcoming schedule and the way he is starting to be involved with the Ravens' offense plus their schedule. I do have Kamara, Yeldon and Jordan Howard as my other 3 RBs out of which I am playing Kamara and Yeldon. Somebody just dropped Chris Thompson of Redskins, should I pick him up instead?? There is a risk he may not be healthy but when healthy, he can be dynamic, especially for a 0.5 PPR league. 

In another 10 team league, my WRs are Davante Adams, Tyler Boyd, Calvin Ridley and Adam Humphries. Pick 2. I am leaning towards the bolded.

Thoughts??