Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Fantasy Football advice for 2018? Ask here!

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Wth.  Only scored 77 points this week, 83 last week and 83 two weeks before that. Idk what is going on but my team has completely fallen off. Now kupp injured.

What is your roster right now? What is your waiver priority order?

Ok my team is 9-1. I have a solid QB and RBs with depth. I have Goff, Zeke, Barkley, Mixon, Mack, Aaron Jones. At WR I lost both Will Fuller and Cooper Kupp to injury, but I have Tyreek, Alshon, and Ridley. All 3 are wildly inconsistent but Tyreek holds good trade value since he is currently WR1 and coming off a big week. I am also weak at TE with graham. 

So I know I need to trade Tyreek while his value is up. These are some trades I think I can make happen:

Tyreek(1) for Davante Adams(4)

Tyreek for Antonio Brown(5)

Tyreek (maybe aaron Jones) for AJ Green(12) and Robert Woods(9). 

Adams, Brown, and Green all have great matchups for playoffs. Also Tyreek has a Bye week coming up while all those guys have already had one.

which do you think I should pursue? The owners of Adams and Green are both from Kansas City btw.

19 hours ago, chad72 said:

What is your roster right now? What is your waiver priority order?

QB: A. Luck

RB: J. Mixon, D. Cook, M. Mack, M. Breida, R. Penny (bidding $5 for)

WR: T. Boyd, M. Evans, J. Brown, J. Landry

TE: V. Davis (Streaming)

K. C. Parkey

Def: Pit, Jags, Miami

I know I have too many defenses, and I am aiming to add Denver as well. But I am grabbing them ahead of everyone else because of their matchups fort he remainder of the season. going against teams like Buffalo multiple times, Arizona, and Oakland.

The best on the waivers are just horrid

RB: Besides penny, J. Richard, P. Barber (who is getting picked up already), and D. Henry

WR: Anthony Miller, C. Godwin, W. Snead, Tre'quan Smith, Mike Williams, M. Gallup, and B. Marshall as a hopeful

TE: Rudolph, Heuerman, Seals-Jones, N. Vannet

9 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Ok my team is 9-1. I have a solid QB and RBs with depth. I have Goff, Zeke, Barkley, Mixon, Mack, Aaron Jones. At WR I lost both Will Fuller and Cooper Kupp to injury, but I have Tyreek, Alshon, and Ridley. All 3 are wildly inconsistent but Tyreek holds good trade value since he is currently WR1 and coming off a big week. I am also weak at TE with graham. 

So I know I need to trade Tyreek while his value is up. These are some trades I think I can make happen:

Tyreek(1) for Davante Adams(4)

Tyreek for Antonio Brown(5)

Tyreek (maybe aaron Jones) for AJ Green(12) and Robert Woods(9). 

Adams, Brown, and Green all have great matchups for playoffs. Also Tyreek has a Bye week coming up while all those guys have already had one.

which do you think I should pursue? The owners of Adams and Green are both from Kansas City btw.

You might need to package mixon with Tyreek to get some good WRs. But why not try to give up Ridley and Mixon for a better WR?

46 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

RB: J. Mixon, D. Cook, M. Mack, M. Breida, R. Penny (bidding $5 for)

WR: T. Boyd, M. Evans, J. Brown, J. Landry

TE: V. Davis (Streaming)

K. C. Parkey

Def: Pit, Jags, Miami

I know I have too many defenses, and I am aiming to add Denver as well. But I am grabbing them ahead of everyone else because of their matchups fort he remainder of the season. going against teams like Buffalo multiple times, Arizona, and Oakland.

The best on the waivers are just horrid

RB: Besides penny, J. Richard, P. Barber (who is getting picked up already), and D. Henry

WR: Anthony Miller, C. Godwin, W. Snead, Tre'quan Smith, Mike Williams, M. Gallup, and B. Marshall as a hopeful

TE: Rudolph, Heuerman, Seals-Jones, N. Vannet

I think we see a Dalvin Cook resurgence down the stretch, IMO. Baltimore's schedule is pass friendly and I truly think Lamar Jackson will do very well for them if used over Flacco, so I see a John Brown resurgence too.

Regarding Ds, I'd go with teams like the Titans who will give you a good floor by keeping the scores low because TDs cannot be predicted for Ds. Buffalo does not have Nathan Peterman anymore and Josh Allen may turn it over but not nearly as much as Peterman did, so that is not a guarantee either.

Raiders right now are the constant team to bet against because there is no rhythm to their O, more so than Buffalo, IMO whose D keeps them in games thus requiring their O to just not turn it over. Raiders, on the other hand, are terrible on D, worse than any of the bottom feeders, IMO.

I have both the Rams and Jags D, and I think I should just drop the Rams' D. Good name Ds are worth 1 late round pick early on in the season but as the season goes on, once match ups become obvious, streaming is the way to go. The Bears are that D right now, with the greatest floor. The Rams' D, their reputation is bigger than their performance.

1 hour ago, Luck 4 president said:

I ended up trading Tyreek, Aaron Jones, and Rams defense (I still have the bears) for AJ Green and Adam Thielen. I think this puts my team over the top. 

I would take the Bears defense over the Rams' right now. However, AJ Green might not play until December. Last update is that he is expected to miss the game this coming Sunday. It might change, but his health needs to be monitored. 

9 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I would take the Bears defense over the Rams' right now. However, AJ Green might not play until December. Last update is that he is expected to miss the game this coming Sunday. It might change, but his health needs to be monitored. 

Ya I took that into consideration. I’m already a lock for playoffs and Green has Oakland and Cleveland as his playoff matchups. Now my only weak link is my TE Jimmy Graham.  

2 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

I ended up trading Tyreek, Aaron Jones, and Rams defense (I still have the bears) for AJ Green and Adam Thielen. I think this puts my team over the top. 

Good night! 

Hopefully green comes back and performs, but thielen is an instant upgrade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

I have Allen Robinson, Jordan Howard and Tyrell Williams, which should I start in a w/r slot?

:dunno:

Tyrell Williams, I would think, check on Xavier Rhodes' status close to the 3:45 pm time frame. If he is active, I would go Tyrell Williams because Harris most likely will shadow Keenan Allen.

• Thanks 1

I got 3 average options for RB2  in a 0.5 PPR 14 team league - Derrick Henry, Jordan Howard, T.J.Yeldon. Since it is PPR, I am tempted to go Yeldon because I feel the game script would be a case of the Jaguars trailing by the second half to go into chase mode.

Thoughts???

59 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I got 3 average options for RB2  in a 0.5 PPR 14 team league - Derrick Henry, Jordan Howard, T.J.Yeldon. Since it is PPR, I am tempted to go Yeldon because I feel the game script would be a case of the Jaguars trailing by the second half to go into chase mode.

Thoughts???

I'd go with Yeldon as well. JMO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Tyrell Williams, I would think, check on Xavier Rhodes' status close to the 3:45 pm time frame. If he is active, I would go Tyrell Williams because Harris most likely will shadow Keenan Allen.

Arent the chargers playing vs the broncos not the vikings?

edit: Now that I re-read the post you were responding to, didnt realize allen robinson is playing vs the vikings.  my bad.

QB: Luck vs Ten

WR: M. Evans @NYG,    J. Brown vs Cin,    T. Boyd @Bal

RB: J. Mixon @Bal,    D. Cook @Chi,    M. Mack vs Ten,    J. Allen vs Cin

TE: J. Heuerman @LAC

DEF: Ari vs Oak

K: C. Parkey vs Min

Have Landry and Breida on bye. It's not looking good for me on this stretch as I just lost Kupp. 

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

QB: Luck vs Ten

WR: M. Evans @NYG,    J. Brown vs Cin,    T. Boyd @Bal

RB: J. Mixon @Bal,    D. Cook @Chi,    M. Mack vs Ten,    J. Allen vs Cin

TE: J. Heuerman @LAC

DEF: Ari vs Oak

K: C. Parkey vs Min

Have Landry and Breida on bye. It's not looking good for me on this stretch as I just lost Kupp. 

Looks good to me. 

Daily fantasy 10 league PPR: I'm thinking of being bold and starting Lamar Jackson as QB. That will give me more money to get high profile backs and receivers. I won't lose money, as it's free, so if this doesn't work out, it's no big deal. I'm not trying for playoffs or anything. 

Should I go with Jackson and see what happens? 

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:11 AM, teganslaw said:

Daily fantasy 10 league PPR: I'm thinking of being bold and starting Lamar Jackson as QB. That will give me more money to get high profile backs and receivers. I won't lose money, as it's free, so if this doesn't work out, it's no big deal. I'm not trying for playoffs or anything. 

Should I go with Jackson and see what happens? 

You should, IF he is confirmed as the starter. 

OK - D/ST question.

I am a sure playoff team in a league at 8-2, so I picked up Broncos' defense for the playoffs - Weeks 13 through 16, they play at Bengals, at SF, vs Cleveland and at Oakland. I looked up their D, they have given up more than 30 points only once, a real bad week vs Jets. They played Mahomes twice and restricted him to 30 and under both times. That is really commendable, considering how many other marquee Ds like the Ravens, Rams, Bears etc. have given up 30 plus points at least once or more as well.

My question for you folks is I also hold the Rams' D. I have the Jaguars' D for week 12 vs the Bills, the only reason I am holding on to them. Rams' D will soon go on a bye. Do I need anything other than the Jaguars and Broncos' D from weeks 12 through 16. Aqib Talib may come back, may not, lots up in the air, so not sure how much I can count on that. Rams play at Detroit, at Chicago, home vs Philly and at Arizona from weeks 13-16. The league's waiver rules are inverse order of rankings, so no way I get a good match up defense the week of a game having an 8-2 record and being #2 in a 14 team league, so have to think a couple of weeks ahead. 

Long winded introduction to final question, which is:

Do I drop the overrated Rams' defense? 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

OK - D/ST question.

I am a sure playoff team in a league at 8-2, so I picked up Broncos' defense for the playoffs - Weeks 13 through 16, they play at Bengals, at SF, vs Cleveland and at Oakland. I looked up their D, they have given up more than 30 points only once, a real bad week vs Jets. They played Mahomes twice and restricted him to 30 and under both times. That is really commendable, considering how many other marquee Ds like the Ravens, Rams, Bears etc. have given up 30 plus points at least once or more as well.

My question for you folks is I also hold the Rams' D. I have the Jaguars' D for week 12 vs the Bills, the only reason I am holding on to them. Rams' D will soon go on a bye. Do I need anything other than the Jaguars and Broncos' D from weeks 12 through 16. Aqib Talib may come back, may not, lots up in the air, so not sure how much I can count on that. Rams play at Detroit, at Chicago, home vs Philly and at Arizona from weeks 13-16. The league's waiver rules are inverse order of rankings, so no way I get a good match up defense the week of a game having an 8-2 record and being #2 in a 14 team league, so have to think a couple of weeks ahead. 

Long winded introduction to final question, which is:

Do I drop the overrated Rams' defense? 

@Narcosys @Jared Cisneros - any thoughts???

Just traded away Rams' D for Bills' D to increase my good matchups during the playoffs.

So I got Broncos playing at Cinci, at SF, vs Cle, and at Oak in weeks 14-16 plus Bills playing Jags, NYJ, at Miami, and Detroit in weeks 13-16.

10 hours ago, chad72 said:

@Narcosys @Jared Cisneros - any thoughts???

Just traded away Rams' D for Bills' D to increase my good matchups during the playoffs.

So I got Broncos playing at Cinci, at SF, vs Cle, and at Oak in weeks 14-16 plus Bills playing Jags, NYJ, at Miami, and Detroit in weeks 13-16.

I'm actually dropping the jags D in favour of the patriots D. I don't like the jags D versus the new bills that have two weeks to prepare. 

Right now I've for Ari for this week, Mia for 12,  KC for 13, NE for 16 and backup on all my weeks except for 15. Which I plan on getting Den or Buf for 14 & 15.

5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I'm actually dropping the jags D in favour of the patriots D. I don't like the jags D versus the new bills that have two weeks to prepare. 

Right now I've for Ari for this week, Mia for 12,  KC for 13, NE for 16 and backup on all my weeks except for 15. Which I plan on getting Den or Buf for 14 & 15.

So, after my trade, if I have both the Jaguars D on the road vs Bills AND Bills D vs Jaguars at home, which one do you go with for week 12? I’m thinking Bills D. The reason I’m asking is that I can drop one of them and pick up a player to fill extra roster spot.

47 minutes ago, chad72 said:

So, after my trade, if I have both the Jaguars D on the road vs Bills AND Bills D vs Jaguars at home, which one do you go with for week 12? I’m thinking Bills D. The reason I’m asking is that I can drop one of them and pick up a player to fill extra roster spot.

The safer bet for me is the bills D. They're rested, coming off a big win, and two weeks to prepare at home.

• Thanks 1

Ok I need a QB this week since Goff is on bye. I’m thinking of either picking up Mayfield(vs bengals) or Lamar Jackson(vs raiders). Both have great matchups but Baker would be the safer bet.

Also, I have to choose between Joe Mixon and Marlon Mack for my flex(starting Zeke and Barkley). Mixon is against Cleveland and Mack is against Miami. 

On 11/17/2018 at 7:53 AM, chad72 said:

I’m opposite of @Narcosys on this one. I would take the Jaguars D 100%. Josh Allen will likely start for the first time in 6 weeks. He has thrown 2 TDs and 7 INTs in 6 games this year. I’d expect him to be really bad this week against that secondary. JAX still has multiple elite players on defense that will create turnovers. Fournette is back and has been playing well, and Bortles seems to play better when Fournette is healthy. Plus if you drop JAX someone will likely pick them up, but if you dropped the bills then nobody will pick them up. 

1 hour ago, Luck 4 president said:

Ok I need a QB this week since Goff is on bye. I’m thinking of either picking up Mayfield(vs bengals) or Lamar Jackson(vs raiders). Both have great matchups but Baker would be the safer bet.

Also, I have to choose between Joe Mixon and Marlon Mack for my flex(starting Zeke and Barkley). Mixon is against Cleveland and Mack is against Miami. 

Mayfield for sure, Jackson just runs. As far as the other two, who knows man, its a toss up. I have them both in my other league and I am less than impressed with either right now. Miami allows more yards (just barely) but fewer TDs.  However, Indy is much more efficient at running than Cinci is. Both are at home, but if I had to take a pick I would go with Mack. I think Indy might pull ahead again and therefore use the run more than the Bengals will since AJ Green is out.

• Like 1

Interesting situation:

the top team in our league is in some trouble. He’s lost Cooper Kupp, AJ Green, and now Kerryon Johnson. Todd Gurley is on the bye for him this week (against me) and he only has Matt Breida on his bench. Obviously he needs to pick up a lions RB, and all 3 remaining are available. 

The question is, which one do I take to put him in a tighter spot? 

Obviously if Patricia shows his hand today I go with what he says, though I don’t see him doing that. The media says Zenner. 

The guy guy has one carry all season. 

Blount is short yardage, and Riddick is a receiver. I have a roster spot to burn (just used Austin Hooper with George Kittle on the bye) so the strategic play is to pick at least one up before Thursday.

But which one?

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Interesting situation:

the top team in our league is in some trouble. He’s lost Cooper Kupp, AJ Green, and now Kerryon Johnson. Todd Gurley is on the bye for him this week (against me) and he only has Matt Breida on his bench. Obviously he needs to pick up a lions RB, and all 3 remaining are available. 

The question is, which one do I take to put him in a tighter spot? 

Obviously if Patricia shows his hand today I go with what he says, though I don’t see him doing that. The media says Zenner. 

The guy guy has one carry all season. 

Blount is short yardage, and Riddick is a receiver. I have a roster spot to burn (just used Austin Hooper with George Kittle on the bye) so the strategic play is to pick at least one up before Thursday.

But which one?

I'd still say Blount because that is who Patricia trusts the most with his experience. That was the reason they were not playing Kerryon Johnson full throttle because they felt that he would break down if he was given too many carries and that proved out to the be the case, IMO.

9 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

I’m opposite of @Narcosys on this one. I would take the Jaguars D 100%. Josh Allen will likely start for the first time in 6 weeks. He has thrown 2 TDs and 7 INTs in 6 games this year. I’d expect him to be really bad this week against that secondary. JAX still has multiple elite players on defense that will create turnovers. Fournette is back and has been playing well, and Bortles seems to play better when Fournette is healthy. Plus if you drop JAX someone will likely pick them up, but if you dropped the bills then nobody will pick them up. 

That is not true in a 14 team league where everyone has 2 Ds.

Too late, I dropped the Jaguars' D and picked up the Bills' D. Not for just this week but for future weeks - have Jags at home, at Dolphins, and vs NYJ at home. When Josh Allen plays, the reason the Bills keep games close is because he does just enough with his legs and keeps games close. 

The Jaguars' D played like trash till the last week vs the Steelers though and waited till I dropped them to play like kings. They were not getting the turnovers and sacks all season long, but the Bills' D has been more consistent, believe it or not. 

RB: Mixon vs Cle(7th), Mack vs Mia(5th)

WR: Evans vs SF(13th), Boyd vs Cle(9th)

TE: J. Heuerman vs Pit(10th)

Flex: Breida @TB(6th)

Bench:

Landry @ Cin(6th)

Tre'Quan Smith vs Atl (5th)

D. Cook vs GB (18th)

Gus Edwards vs Oak (8th)

Lower number better matchup.

Thinking of trading D. Cook for J. Cook to upgrade my TelE, thoughts on trade and roster?

@chad72, @Jared Cisneros, @Luck 4 president, @teganslaw

Wanna see something annoying?

6RTs67v.jpg

The guy who has scored the second fewest points in our league is somehow at 7-4 in 3rd spot. 

He’s won 3 games scoring 76.98, 78.94, and 76.84. 4 of my losses have been with scores of 101.66, 97.56, 99.30, and 101.70. 

Someone pass a brother some justice. 

32 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

WR: Evans vs SF(13th), Boyd nonsense Cle(9th)

Bench:

Landry @ Cin(6th)

D. Cook vs GB (18th)

Gus Edwards vs Oak (8th)

Thinking of trading D. Cook for J. Cook, thoughts on trade and roster?

Jareds are the best guys to trade for! I know from experience. In all seriousness, Dalvin is pretty much useless at this point, and getting Jared Cook with Heuerman will give you something of a match based TE duo to play with. You picked up Gus Edwards, so I'd probably do the deal.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

6RTs67v.jpg

The guy who has scored the second fewest points in our league is somehow at 7-4 in 3rd spot. 

He’s won 3 games scoring 76.98, 78.94, and 76.84. 4 of my losses have been with scores of 101.66, 97.56, 99.30, and 101.70. 

Fantasy football needs to have a way of doing a DVOA calculation of some sorts.

Weightage for points scored - 0.25, Weightage for strength of schedule - 0.25, Weightage for wins - 0.25, Weightage for head-to-head - 0.25.

That might help several situations like these.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

6RTs67v.jpg

That's pretty sad. Sucks when that happens. Hopefully you face him in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's pretty sad. Sucks when that happens. Hopefully you face him in the playoffs.

If I had to bet I’d say he won’t make it. I play him next week, and I have a win over him already. 

But the guy in first (who I mentioned in the scenario above) is sliding hard right now. He has kind of a tough schedule and he could realistically lose out and let WC in. 

I was able to swing a lot of good deals and put together a really tough team. 

QB: Luck

WR: Hill, Hopkins, (choice between Fitzgerald, John Brown, MVS, Calvin Ridley)

RB: Gordon, Barkley

TE: Kittle 

K: Crosby

D: Pittsburgh or Jets

I feel good about my chances. I got Gordon the week he was hurt, I got Barkley the week he was on the bye, and I got John Brown the week he was on the bye, so this week was the first real week I had my team at full strength since making the moves to improve it. My WR3 situation is not ideal but I’m scoring enough elsewhere to make up for it. I think I’m set to make a real run barring any injuries. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

WR: Evans vs SF(13th), Boyd vs Cle(9th)

Bench:

Landry @ Cin(6th)

D. Cook vs GB (18th)

Gus Edwards vs Oak (8th)

Thinking of trading D. Cook for J. Cook to upgrade my TelE, thoughts on trade and roster?

I wouldn’t do that trade personally. I think Dalvin cook is gonna do well down the final stretch now that he’s healthy. And Jared Cook is very inconsistent and gets very few targets. If it was me I’d keep cook and get rid of Breida and try to get a better TE 

• Thanks 1