Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Fantasy Football advice for 2018? Ask here!

2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I would do Julio for Evans straight up and I think the Falcons have the tougher schedule ahead. But Gronk is useless this year and can't be trusted even when he does play. The Patriots have too many redzone weapons now that Gronk isn't needed. Kind of like Rudolph this year. Rudolph is killing me.

Just go with Doyle or Watson if they are on waivers, they will provide you more.

My QB options in a 10 team league are Andy Dalton, Dak Prescott, Baker Mayfield, Matthew Stafford, all pretty much QB2 options.

I am trying to propose this trade to an owner who has Drew Brees and Matt Ryan:

Matt Ryan and O.J. Howard

for 

Travis Kelce and Doug Baldwin

My current roster is:

QBs: Matthew Stafford, Dak Prescott

RBs: David Johnson, James White, Philip Lindsay, Kenyan Drake

WRs: Davante Adams, Tyler Boyd, Calvin Ridley, Kenny Golladay, Doug Baldwin

TE: Travis Kelce

K: Lutz

DEF: Stream

Thoughts???

34 minutes ago, chad72 said:

My QB options in a 10 team league are Andy Dalton, Dak Prescott, Baker Mayfield, Matthew Stafford, all pretty much QB2 options.

I am trying to propose this trade to an owner who has Drew Brees and Matt Ryan:

Matt Ryan and O.J. Howard

for 

Travis Kelce and Doug Baldwin

My current roster is:

Thoughts???

What does his team look like?

7 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

What does his team look like?

QBs: Drew Brees, Matt Ryan

RBs: Kamara, Jordan Howard, Tevin Coleman, Dion Lewis

WRs: T.Y.Hilton, OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Josh Gordon, Randall Cobb

TE: O.J.Howard

K: Zuerlein

DEF: Streaming

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I would do Julio for Evans straight up and I think the Falcons have the tougher schedule ahead. But Gronk is useless this year and can't be trusted even when he does play. The Patriots have too many redzone weapons now that Gronk isn't needed. Kind of like Rudolph this year. Rudolph is killing me.

I also have OJ Howard at TE and Hopkins at WR 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

QBs: Drew Brees, Matt Ryan

RBs: Kamara, Jordan Howard, Tevin Coleman, Dion Lewis

WRs: T.Y.Hilton, OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Josh Gordon, Randall Cobb

TE: O.J.Howard

K: Zuerlein

DEF: Streaming

So, @Narcosys - what do you think of the trade I am proposing above? The guy I am trading with, his roster is above.

Matt Ryan and O.J. Howard for Kelce and Baldwin

My current roster is:

That guy is still mulling it over, and he thinks he has his TE spot figured out with Howard, hence hesitating. Most sites I researched said it will weaken my TE position considerably even though Howard may be on this 2 game scoring streak. 

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

So, @Narcosys - what do you think of the trade I am proposing above? The guy I am trading with, his roster is above.

Matt Ryan and O.J. Howard for Kelce and Baldwin

My current roster is:

That guy is still mulling it over, and he thinks he has his TE spot figured out with Howard, hence hesitating. Most sites I researched said it will weaken my TE position considerably even though Howard may be on this 2 game scoring streak. 

Weird I thought I responded to this. Must not have posted.

Anyways, I think it looks fine but it might the offering Golladay or Ridley to get it done

Weird I thought I responded to this. Must not have posted.

Anyways, I think it looks fine but it might the offering Golladay or Ridley to get it done

He rejected it. I hope O.J.Howard crashes and burns. :) 

11 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Did you offer golladay?

No, I did not. He thinks he can get by with O.J.Howard.

He wanted to straight up give me T.Y.Hilton for Kelce but that does not help me, I would have no viable TE. It is probably best he rejected my offer.

I will roll with Dalton and Prescott as my QBs moving forward.

10 hours ago, chad72 said:

No, I did not. He thinks he can get by with O.J.Howard.

He wanted to straight up give me T.Y.Hilton for Kelce but that does not help me, I would have no viable TE. It is probably best he rejected my offer.

I will roll with Dalton and Prescott as my QBs moving forward.

Its worth a shot to come back with a little more. Anyone else to trade with?

2 RB, 2 WR, and a flex: Lower the number the better the matchup.  I'm leaning towards bolded

RB: Mixon vs NO (#29);   Mack vs Jax (#21);   M. Breida vs NYG (#11);    D. Johnson vs Atl (#12)

WR: Evans vs Was (#23);    Boyd vs NO (#1);    Kupp vs Sea (#25)    Landy vs Atl (#4)

Odd to sit Mixon and Evans, but Was is 11th in sacks and TB is 14th in sacks given up and 4th in QB hits. Norman should probably be on Evans.  However, Was is 24th in passes defended and only 7 INT. As far as Mixon goes, I mean it's NO and are the best run defenses in the league and held Gurley to 68 yards and a TD.  Saints will go up, Mixon will end up pass blocking.

My only real decision IMO is deciding between Evans and Landry.  Landry has a great matchup, but he can't seem to get yards or TDs off of his league leading targets (2nd with  101 Tgts, 12th with 55, Rec, 23rd in yards with 578, and tied for 81st with 2 TDs)

However, Should I consider Breida with Mostert out?

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Its worth a shot to come back with a little more. Anyone else to trade with?

I will see. There is this A.J.Green owner who is looking for help. I wonder if I can trade Tyler Boyd straight up for Fitzpatrick or Luck. What do you think about that?

Just now, chad72 said:

I will see. There is this A.J.Green owner who is looking for help. I wonder if I can trade Tyler Boyd straight up for Fitzpatrick or Luck. What do you think about that?

That's a lot to give up for a QB who might get you 6-10 extra points a week.  Think your WR corps can handle that?

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

2 RB, 2 WR, and a flex: Lower the number the better the matchup.  I'm leaning towards bolded

RB: Mixon vs NO (#29);   Mack vs Jax (#21);   M. Breida vs NYG (#11);    D. Johnson vs Atl (#12)

WR: Evans vs Was (#23);    Boyd vs NO (#1);    Kupp vs Sea (#25)    Landy vs Atl (#4)

Odd to sit Mixon and Evans, but Was is 11th in sacks and TB is 14th in sacks given up and 4th in QB hits. Norman should probably be on Evans.  However, Was is 24th in passes defended and only 7 INT. As far as Mixon goes, I mean it's NO and are the best run defenses in the league and held Gurley to 68 yards and a TD.  Saints will go up, Mixon will end up pass blocking.

My only real decision IMO is deciding between Evans and Landry.  Landry has a great matchup, but he can't seem to get yards or TDs off of his league leading targets (2nd with  101 Tgts, 12th with 55, Rec, 23rd in yards with 578, and tied for 81st with 2 TDs)

However, Should I consider Breida with Mostert out?

Definitely Breida. Because Giants are on the road and are not going to run away from anyone. Plus, with a newbie QB, Kyle Shanahan makes sure to involve the run always.

10 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

That's a lot to give up for a QB who might get you 6-10 extra points a week.  Think your WR corps can handle that?

I am not in favor. If Dalton is going to be match up dependent, I will have to roll with it, I guess. There is this bottom feeder with both Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton, he will never part with those, he is last in the league. 

Dalton, Prescott, Mayfield, Stafford are the ones available, I have Prescott and Stafford on my roster now - who do I roll with? In a 10 team league, everyone has their QB set - so I think I can afford to stash a couple from the above. Who do I stash for the rest of the season? Prescott and Dalton seem to be my best choices right now. I can pick up Dalton and drop Stafford.

This is the rest of the season rankings (not sure I trust Bortles :)):

https://football.razzball.com/projections-qb-restofseason

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am not in favor. If Dalton is going to be match up dependent, I will have to roll with it, I guess. There is this bottom feeder with both Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton, he will never part with those, he is last in the league. Stafford is on waivers, do I get him?

Dalton, Prescott, Mayfield, Stafford - who do I roll with? In a 10 team league, everyone has their QB set - so I think I can afford to stash a couple from the above. Who do I stash for the rest of the season?

Prescott has the better remaining schedule (in terms of matchup PAs), and Stafford looks to have the most shootouts remaining.  But don't discount Mayfield.  All are pretty even in the rest of season rankings.

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Definitely Breida. Because Giants are on the road and are not going to run away from anyone. Plus, with a newbie QB, Kyle Shanahan makes sure to involve the run always.

So who's my #2 RB? Mack or Duke. Not sure how our run blocking will be versus the Jags.

• Like 1

Prescott has the better remaining schedule (in terms of matchup PAs), and Stafford looks to have the most shootouts remaining.  But don't discount Mayfield.  All are pretty even in the rest of season rankings.

So who's my #2 RB? Mack or Duke. Not sure how our run blocking will be versus the Jags.

Mack, hands down, he will get goal line touches. Duke's passing TDs cannot be relied upon, at least not yet. 

I would still play Evans and Boyd though. Given how Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley did, Evans and Boyd are who I would play. Plus, it is at home and there was a reason why the Packers got rid of HaHa Clinton Dix, he had several missed tackles and it seemed like the Redskins' pass D, which was supposed to get better, got worse.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Mack, hands down, he will get goal line touches. Duke's passing TDs cannot be relied upon, at least not yet. 

I would still play Evans and Boyd though. Given how Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley did, Evans and Boyd are who I would play. Plus, it is at home and there was a reason why the Packers got rid of HaHa Clinton Dix, he had several missed tackles and it seemed like the Redskins' pass D, which was supposed to get better, got worse.

How are experts ranking Joe Mixon this week as a top 15 RB...versus the Saints!? They just held Gurley to under 70 rush yards, a dozen receiving yards, and 0 TDs.

16 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

How are experts ranking Joe Mixon this week as a top 15 RB...versus the Saints!? They just held Gurley to under 70 rush yards, a dozen receiving yards, and 0 TDs.

He is still on the field a lot for passing downs, even if they are behind, that is probably why.

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He is still on the field a lot for passing downs, even if they are behind, that is probably why.

I just don't see it happening, Cinci is going to be throwing the whole game and Mixon doesn't have many receptions. Makes me second guess myself and playing him over Breida though.

@Narcosys @Jared Cisneros

I have another GM in my work league that has DeShaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes.

My current roster is:

His roster is:

QBs: Mahomes, Watson

WRs: Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, John Brown

RBs: Nick Chubb, Tarik Cohen, Doug Martin, LeSean McCoy, Carlos Hyde

TEs: Eric Ebron, Jimmy Graham

K: Stream

I am thinking of trading Kelce and Baldwin for Watson and Graham. Thoughts???

4 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I just don't see it happening, Cinci is going to be throwing the whole game and Mixon doesn't have many receptions. Makes me second guess myself and playing him over Breida though.

If that is the case, bench Mixon and go with Duke, Mack and Breida, plus Evans and Boyd. I am sure that will work out for you. At best case, Duke's good performance will be a push with Mixon in this scenario. In worst case, Duke has an average performance and you miss out on a handful of points, I don't think it will be that much more. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

@Narcosys @Jared Cisneros

I have another GM in my work league that has DeShaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes.

My current roster is:

His roster is:

QBs: Mahomes, Watson

WRs: Antonio Brown, Brandin Cooks, John Brown

RBs: Nick Chubb, Tarik Cohen, Doug Martin, LeSean McCoy, Carlos Hyde

TEs: Eric Ebron, Jimmy Graham

K: Stream

I am thinking of trading Kelce and Baldwin for Watson and Graham. Thoughts???

I personally love Kelce and hate Graham, but Watson is definitely starting to round into form lately. If you think you can get by with Stafford and Dak, then stand pat. However, if you feel you need Watson at QB, then offer the trade. I feel you would end up dropping Dak after this trade, so it may be some wasted value. I probably would not do it, tbh. Kelce just gives you so much of an advantage at the TE position, and he would be getting Kelce and Mahomes, which would make him tough to beat. JMO though.

• Like 1

With Watson on the bye this week who would be the better pickup for backup? Dalton against the Saints, or Fitzpatrick against the Redskins? 

I’m leaning towards Dalton. The Saints defense has made QBs look good all year, and I think with Green and Boyd Dalton stands to have the bigger day. 

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

@Jared Cisneros

What do you think about Mixon vs Saints and Breida vs Giants.  Saints best run D and don't allow many receptions to backs. Cinci doesn't pass much to Mixon, especially when behind. But everyone is saying Mixon is like the 11th best RB this week. 

You are definitely correct. However, I would still start Mixon. The Bengals will be able to keep up with the Saints on the scoreboard for most of the game, and Mixon will get plenty of touches. I think Mixon is still good for 10-15 fantasy points. A.J. Green is out, and they will depend on the run more than you think. 

As far as Brieda goes, he's an ok option, but the 49ers will pass it most of the game with their 3rd string QB. They've really gotten away from the run recently, and I wouldn't use Brieda over Mixon any day of the week anyway. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

With Watson on the bye this week who would be the better pickup for backup? Dalton against the Saints, or Fitzpatrick against the Redskins? 

I’m leaning towards Dalton. The Saints defense has made QBs look good all year, and I think with Green and Boyd Dalton stands to have the bigger day. 

Green is out, so temper those expectations a little. I would lean Fitzpatrick here, I think he has the higher floor and ceiling.

54 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You are definitely correct. However, I would still start Mixon. The Bengals will be able to keep up with the Saints on the scoreboard for most of the game, and Mixon will get plenty of touches. I think Mixon is still good for 10-15 fantasy points. A.J. Green is out, and they will depend on the run more than you think. 

As far as Brieda goes, he's an ok option, but the 49ers will pass it most of the game with their 3rd string QB. They've really gotten away from the run recently, and I wouldn't use Brieda over Mixon any day of the week anyway. 

I must have edited the previous post while you were replying.  Any thoughts on which TE to stream,  C. Herndon vs Buffalo or V. Davis @ TB?

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I must have edited the previous post while you were replying.  Any thoughts on which TE to stream,  C. Herndon vs Buffalo or V. Davis @ TB?

If Reed doesn't play. then by all means play Vernon Davis. If he does, I would play Herndon. He is getting lots of looks from Darnold, and will probably get 60-80 yds receiving with a potential td.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I'm in desperate need of a TE. Best one in on waivers is Herndon. Thinking of trading for Jimmy graham, only trade options I have are Landry and J. Brown. Who do I offer?

Other WR: Kupp, Evans, Boyd

I would give him the choice of Landry or Brown. Is Jack Doyle still on waivers?

@Narcosys

My current roster is:

DEF: Stream (Bills - no Darnold playing)

Look good?