Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Fantasy Football advice for 2018? Ask here!

I'm creating this thread to answer any 2018 Fantasy Football questions you may have for the season. Other people are also welcome to answer question if I can't get to them. Make sure to name the number of teams in the league, whether it's PPR or Non-PPR, and if there are any other positional or roster differences that are unusual in your particular league. 

Have a fun 2018 fantasy season everyone!

• Thanks 1

On 7/3/2018 at 8:53 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm creating this thread to answer any 2018 Fantasy Football questions you may have for the season. Other people are also welcome to answer question if I can't get to them. Make sure to name the number of teams in the league, whether it's PPR or Non-PPR, and if there are any other positional or roster differences that are unusual in your particular league. 

Have a fun 2018 fantasy season everyone!

I have the same strategy every year.  I've won multiple Super Bowls with this strategy, and I've never been last in the league with this strategy.  I reach a little bit to make sure I draft the Colts QB and the Colts pass-catchers (usually not more than 1 round early).  Then I just draft the best I can with my other picks, and stay on top of the waiver-wire every week to keep up.  And I usually pickup the Colts DEF and Colts RBs in FA once injuries start to happen just to keep on the bench in case of a good match-up.  (Ultimate Homer, I know)  :D

This worked wonders with Manning/Harrison/Wayne/Clark/Stokely back in the heyday, especially when Freeney and Mathis were getting points for sacks/FF/Fumble recoveries.  It even worked well with Luck/Wayne/Hilton/Doyle recently.  :thmup:

I'm probably going to stick with my strategy, especially since I think Luck-to-Hilton is going to be special AGAIN this season (especially in PPR leagues).  I plan on playing multiple leagues, from 8-12 teams, both PPR and regular, so when should I plan on drafting Luck and Hilton?  I hope they are both bargain picks in any league.  :goodluck:

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I have the same strategy every year.  I've won multiple Super Bowls with this strategy, and I've never been last in the league with this strategy.  I reach a little bit to make sure I draft the Colts QB and the Colts pass-catchers (usually not more than 1 round early).  Then I just draft the best I can with my other picks, and stay on top of the waiver-wire every week to keep up.  And I usually pickup the Colts DEF and Colts RBs in FA once injuries start to happen just to keep on the bench in case of a good match-up.  (Ultimate Homer, I know)  :D

This worked wonders with Manning/Harrison/Wayne/Clark/Stokely back in the heyday, especially when Freeney and Mathis were getting points for sacks/FF/Fumble recoveries.  It even worked well with Luck/Wayne/Hilton/Doyle recently.  :thmup:

I'm probably going to stick with my strategy, especially since I think Luck-to-Hilton is going to be special AGAIN this season (especially in PPR leagues).  I plan on playing multiple leagues, from 8-12 teams, both PPR and regular, so when should I plan on drafting Luck and Hilton?  I hope they are both bargain picks in any league.  :goodluck:

Draft Hilton in the 3rd round if you want him. He will go soon after that. Luck is a bit more interesting, As of now, he will go in the mid rounds of 12+ team leagues, and in the later rounds of 10 team leagues and less. At least in my leagues, the QBs don't start to go until round 4 (usually when Rodgers goes and starts the trend). So you don't have to worry about Luck for a long time. My advice if you take Luck is, get some insurance in case he misses the start of the season or starts rusty. Garappolo would a nice late option, or someone like Rivers at that point (if Luck does his thing, they will serve as insurance and a low pick spent like they are supposed to while providing insurance).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Draft Hilton in the 3rd round if you want him. He will go soon after that. Luck is a bit more interesting, As of now, he will go in the mid rounds of 12+ team leagues, and in the later rounds of 10 team leagues and less. At least in my leagues, the QBs don't start to go until round 4 (usually when Rodgers goes and starts the trend). So you don't have to worry about Luck for a long time. My advice if you take Luck is, get some insurance in case he misses the start of the season or starts rusty. Garappolo would a nice late option, or someone like Rivers at that point (if Luck does his thing, they will serve as insurance and a low pick spent like they are supposed to while providing insurance).

That's good advice.  I'm hoping I can wait as long as possible on Luck and Hilton and have a solid roster around them.  Because if those two click right off the bat, and I have a solid team around them...

Dxez2nH.gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Waldon said:

I have a team in the nfl fantasy league, with a projected points week 1 of 101.4

Is that good, first year i have played

It depends what type of league and how many people. In a 12 man standard that would be good. But projections mean nothing and will only lead to disappointment lol

5 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

It depends what type of league and how many people. In a 12 man standard that would be good. But projections mean nothing and will only lead to disappointment lol

It is a 12 man standard, i have 4 teams, that is just the highest one, and ofcourse i have my one all colts team. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Jeremy Waldon said:

I have a team in the nfl fantasy league, with a projected points week 1 of 101.4

Is that good, first year i have played

Instead of posting projections, post your current planned roster for that week and list your backups for each position as well. That way we can assess matchups etc to better help you out. Example Format

QB: Starting QB, Backup

RB: Starting RB, Starting RB, Backup, Backup

WR: Starting WR, Starting WR, Backup Backup

Flex: Starting, Backup

TE: Starting, Backup

Def: Starting, Backup

K: Starting

Then maybe list some waiver wire options your interested in.

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Instead of posting projections, post your current planned roster for that week and list your backups for each position as well. That way we can assess matchups etc to better help you out. Example Format

Here is my players

Screenshot_20180719-115302_NFL Fantasy Football.jpg

Screenshot_20180719-115253_NFL Fantasy Football.jpg

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Sorry last post didnt work well

QB- P RIVERS/ R WILSON

RB- T GURLEY/ A COLLINS/ M MACK

WR- D ADAMS/ J SMITH-SCHUSTER/ D AMENDOLA/ C RODGERS

TE- E EBRON

K- K FORBATH

DEF- PATS

THIS WAS AN AUTOMATED PICK DRAFT, MY PHONE LOCKED UP DURING THE LIVE DRAFT.

• 2 weeks later...

Auction drafts. Last year I didn't subscribe to the stars'n'scrubs strategy and paid mid tier for mid tier players. I did fairly well for my first auction draft and ended with an 8-6 record.

Plan on doing the same this year, not paying more than 30 for any one player. Who are some of the under the radar players to target and what would be a reasonable price?

What i did the last 2 yrs (standard league) is, playing the qb position from week to week via waiver wire. I didn't draft a qb earlier than round 9.so more draft ammo for rb and wr. 

Looking at favorable matchups for average to good qb's and picking them up via waivers works pretty good for me. Won 3 of 5 leagues the past 2 years and was 3rd at worst. 

Okay so I have the 1st overall pick in our dynasty rookie draft.

Would you do this deal? I'm in a 2 QB league btw. 

I'm giving up RB Saquon Barkley, WR Marvin Jones, TE Jonnu Smith, and my 2019 2nd.

I get back Dalvin Cook, WR Michael Thomas, QB Jimmy G.

3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I'm giving up RB Saquon Barkley, WR Marvin Jones, TE Jonnu Smith, and my 2019 2nd.

This all comes down to how highly you value Barkley

Some rankings will claim that Barkley is a top-5 pick in a dynasty start up league. He hasn't proven anything yet, but still.

I have seen others where Thomas and Barkley are fairly close in the rankings.

If you are starting two QBs per week obviously that enhances the QB value.

If this trade did not include your future 2 I'd probably do it.

With you giving up 1.01 this year and passing on Barkley and then giving up your 2nd next year, I would ever so slightly lean against it and not do the deal.

But that is just me. It is also because I have a good amount of faith in Barkley and from a dynasty perspective, I will be curious to see how long Brees lasts before calling it a career. Once he is gone there is a chance that Thomas' value starts to fall just as Barkley is in his prime.

On 8/4/2018 at 2:20 AM, BProland85 said:

Take out that draft pick and possibly.

• 2 weeks later...

I have inherited a spot on a keeper league (10 man Standard) this year.  I see now why the previous owner gave his spot up...full of 2nd and 3rd tier players.  I have to keep one player from last years team but it cannot be the player that was kept in the previous season.  My only viable options are Dak, Matty Ice and Jimmy Graham.  Also should mention this player will be undroppable once selected (can only be traded).  Sorry for the long setup, I haven’t played FF in 3 years so I have some catching up.  So my question is does Jimmy G have anything left in the tank regarding FF?  Or do I keep one of the QBs?

On 8/21/2018 at 9:33 PM, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

I have inherited a spot on a keeper league (10 man Standard) this year.  I see now why the previous owner gave his spot up...full of 2nd and 3rd tier players.  I have to keep one player from last years team but it cannot be the player that was kept in the previous season.  My only viable options are Dak, Matty Ice and Jimmy Graham.  Also should mention this player will be undroppable once selected (can only be traded).  Sorry for the long setup, I haven’t played FF in 3 years so I have some catching up.  So my question is does Jimmy G have anything left in the tank regarding FF?  Or do I keep one of the QBs?

I'd say it would be helpful to see the full team just in the even there is a diamond in the rough

Of the three you mentioned I would rule Dak out. He is nowhere near a top-10 QB which he would need to be to justify keeping him in a 10 team league.

So it comes down to Ryan and Graham.

I have a better feeling about Graham being a top-10 TE than Ryan being a top-10 QB

So if you absolutely forced me to pick from those three I would go Graham

17 hours ago, TomDiggs said:

I'd say it would be helpful to see the full team just in the even there is a diamond in the rough

Of the three you mentioned I would rule Dak out. He is nowhere near a top-10 QB which he would need to be to justify keeping him in a 10 team league.

So it comes down to Ryan and Graham.

I have a better feeling about Graham being a top-10 TE than Ryan being a top-10 QB

So if you absolutely forced me to pick from those three I would go Graham

The remaining players to chose from (that are worth mentioning) are Doug Baldwin, Lamar Miller and Crabtree, the remaining are 3rd tier and lower (Gore, Crowell, Burkhead, Fleenor, etc)

41 minutes ago, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

The remaining players to chose from (that are worth mentioning) are Doug Baldwin, Lamar Miller and Crabtree, the remaining are 3rd tier and lower (Gore, Crowell, Burkhead, Fleenor, etc)

If you are talking about a 10 team league and Baldwin and Miller are still on the board someone is missing the picks. Even in 8 team leagues those players are being taken.

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If you are talking about a 10 team league and Baldwin and Miller are still on the board someone is missing the picks. Even in 8 team leagues those players are being taken.

Agreed. This is why I was asking who else you had. I would keep Baldwin if I could instead of Graham or Ryan. Even though he is a bit dinged up right now, he is a top 15-20 WR w top-10 potential.

So if you can keep him, I'd lean towards Baldwin

And Miller is also a better options considering his potential 3-down role and that Foreman may start the year on the PUP list and miss 6 games.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

Baldwin has the potential to be a top 15 WR. I would keep him and see if you can salvage the team in the draft. At least your WRs will be somewhat a strength. Miller is ok, but the Texans O-Line is bad, and Miller isn't a very good RB unless he gets lots of volume IMO. Baldwin will be the clear cut no1 WR for Seattle, especially with Penny possibly out early, and Carson having the lions share of the carries. That'll make his receptions go up all the more with Russell Wilson at QB.

23 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Those are his keeper options.   Not free agents

On 8/24/2018 at 2:35 PM, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

On 8/24/2018 at 3:16 PM, crazycolt1 said:

On 8/25/2018 at 12:26 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Baldwin has the potential to be a top 15 WR. I would keep him and see if you can salvage the team in the draft. At least your WRs will be somewhat a strength. Miller is ok, but the Texans O-Line is bad, and Miller isn't a very good RB unless he gets lots of volume IMO. Baldwin will be the clear cut no1 WR for Seattle, especially with Penny possibly out early, and Carson having the lions share of the carries. That'll make his receptions go up all the more with Russell Wilson at QB.

Sorry should had added more context for clarity, thanks for the advice, im now convinced Baldwin is the best of my options

Thoughts on my 10-man standard draft?

QB-Brees

RB-D. Johnson, K. Drake, M. Lynch, T. Coleman, C. Carson

WR-Baldwin, K. Allen, M. Jones Jr., Corey Davis, A. Hurns, C. Meredith

TE-Kelce, E. Engram

Broncos D/ST and K Robbie Gould

I gave the draft a B-, would have graded it a tic lower but taking other players’ drafts into consideration, the talent is very evenly spread.

Will be following the waivers closely this season.

45 minutes ago, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

QB-Brees

TE-Kelce, E. Engram

I gave the draft a B-, would have graded it a tic lower but taking other players’ drafts into consideration, the talent is very evenly spread.

Who was your first round pick?

57 minutes ago, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

QB-Brees

TE-Kelce, E. Engram

Excellent job for a 10 man league. A+ draft. Keep up with it throughout the year!

11 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Who was your first round pick?

David Johnson Cardinals RB

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Excellent job for a 10 man league. A+ draft. Keep up with it throughout the year!

Lol no kidding. I don’t know why I saw that and thought Duke Johnson!! I was worried he messed up on his first round, but not now.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

51 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Lol no kidding. I don’t know why I saw that and thought Duke Johnson!! I was worried he messed up on his first round, but not now.

Thanks guys, I thought maybe I reached on a couple, fingers crossed David Johnson comes right back to his ‘16-‘17 form.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

Thanks guys, I thought maybe I reached on a couple, fingers crossed David Johnson comes right back to his ‘16-‘17 form.

The only thing that stands out to me is the two TE’s. I wouldn’t of done it, not saying it was bad though depending on when you got them and who all was available. But Kelce should be your starter every week except his bye week. 

Need some advice on a possible trade:

Current team:

QB: A.Luck, B. Roethlisberger,

RB: D. Cook, M. Gordon, P. Barber, J. Mixon, D. Henry

WR: S. Diggs, J. Landry, D. Parker, C. Kupp, C. Davis

TE: K. Rudolph, T. Eifert

D/ST: Denver

K: Will Lutz

Proposed Trade: Jarvis Landry, Joe Mixon, and Tyler Eifert for Jordan Howard and Sammy Wakins

His only other WRs available for trade are DJ Moore and Josh Doctson

My concern is this, is my WR drop off outweighed by my gain in RB?

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

Need some advice on a possible trade:

Current team:

QB: A.Luck, B. Roethlisberger,

RB: D. Cook, M. Gordon, P. Barber, J. Mixon, D. Henry

WR: S. Diggs, J. Landry, D. Parker, C. Kupp, C. Davis

TE: K. Rudolph, T. Eifert

D/ST: Denver

K: Will Lutz

Proposed Trade: Jarvis Landry, Joe Mixon, and Tyler Eifert for Jordan Howard and Sammy Wakins

His only other WRs available for trade are DJ Moore and Josh Doctson

My concern is this, is my WR drop off outweighed by my gain in RB?

I'd lean against this in a standard league and strongly against it if it is a ppr league

I think the drop-off from Landry to Watkins is bigger than the increase from Mixon to Howard.

I am admittedly not as high on Howard simply because I don't buy the "3-down back" stuff Chicago is pitching. Cohen is too good to not be in there on 3rd downs and such. I see Mixon and Howard having a very similar situation w better 3rd down backs on their rosters.

So moving from Landry down to Watkins would be a no for me.

I am intrigued by Doctson's potential as a bigger possession type w Alex Smith. But not enough to make this move for Howard.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TomDiggs said:

I'd lean against this in a standard league and strongly against it if it is a ppr league

I think the drop-off from Landry to Watkins is bigger than the increase from Mixon to Howard.

I am admittedly not as high on Howard simply because I don't buy the "3-down back" stuff Chicago is pitching. Cohen is too good to not be in there on 3rd downs and such. I see Mixon and Howard having a very similar situation w better 3rd down backs on their rosters.

So moving from Landry down to Watkins would be a no for me.

I am intrigued by Doctson's potential as a bigger possession type w Alex Smith. But not enough to make this move for Howard.

I thought so too, but wanted to get another pov, thanks.

On 8/26/2018 at 11:17 PM, Hoo-Hoo-Hoo-Hoosiers said:

QB-Brees

TE-Kelce, E. Engram

What position did you draft in, 4th or 5th? I'm assuming johnson, allen, kelce for your top 3? I'd say a B+ because I don't believe in Kelce without Smith and better options were probably available when you picked lynch. But overall good and should be a playoff contender so long as Johnson holds up. Might need to use your receivers to get a true #2 RB. We'll see how drake pans out though.

On 8/28/2018 at 2:16 AM, Narcosys said:

What position did you draft in, 4th or 5th? I'm assuming johnson, allen, kelce for your top 3? I'd say a B+ because I don't believe in Kelce without Smith and better options were probably available when you picked lynch. But overall good and should be a playoff contender so long as Johnson holds up. Might need to use your receivers to get a true #2 RB. We'll see how drake pans out though.

I think that I am still hesistant on Drake and may have spent a few picks trying to compensate for my leack of confidence in him, this was the strangest draft I have ever been a part of, each person was given only 1 min to make his selection so a lot of mistakes were made I would say.  If my past fantasy football experience are a sign, I will do really well during the season amd get blown out in the first round of the playoffs lol

• Like 1

Question for the forum re my starting lineup week 1.

I have Luck and Ebron in my starters as I think that will bear fruit as the year progresses.  I also picked up Wilkins this week with it looking more than likely we have no Mack or Turbin for at least the first couple of weeks and so Wilkins should be RB1 for us. 

Is it foolish to play all 3 at the same time?

My RB1 is D Johnson, and I also have Ajayi, Breida and Nich Chubb.  Ajayi only just coming back from a minor injury and wont be a true RB1.  

FYI for flex my WR crew is Adams, Cooks and Landry in the flex.

12 team elite league draft (1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 WR/TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 D)

QB: Rodgers, Goff

RB: Fournette, Freeman, Burkhead, Peyton Barber, T.J.Yeldon

WR: Diggs, Marvin Jones, Marquise Goodwin, Kelvin Benjamin, Mohamed Sanu

D: Patriots, Steelers

K: Gano (Panthers)

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

12 team elite league draft (1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 WR/TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 1 D)

QB: Rodgers, Goff

RB: Fournette, Freeman, Burkhead, Peyton Barber, T.J.Yeldon

WR: Diggs, Marvin Jones, Marquise Goodwin, Kelvin Benjamin, Mohamed Sanu

D: Patriots, Steelers

K: Gano (Panthers)

I never do 2 defenses,   but your lineup looks good for a 12 team league. I'm guessing you drafted at 11 or 12??

• Like 1