Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good News Is I Now Will Have 3 Teams To Root For

18Manning

Good riddance to all the bandwagon jumpers. Sports are about teams, and not individuals. I thank you Mr. Manning for all you have done.

Oh I didn't know there was a right and wrong way to enjoy sports...

I never watched football or even cared until Peyton caught my eye. Now I'm a huge colts fan and I will continue to support PM no matter where he goes. There are also many players on other teams that I like and enjoy to watch play the game.

Good riddance to all the bandwagon jumpers. Sports are about teams, and not individuals. I thank you Mr. Manning for all you have done.

Peyton has done a lot for this franchise. He was instrumental in making this franchise a powerhouse for over a decade. We have a new stadium because of him. We have the Colts in Indy at the very least for another 20 years because of him.

There are, however, more important things in life than winning and losing a game. Michael Vick used his star power and money to finance a dog fighting ring. Peyton used his to open a children's hospital. He could have been arrested for drug possession, DUI, assault, etc. He could have shot himself in the leg or been involved in a shooting at a strip club. But he didn't...he built a hospital for sick children.

I will root for him to be successful not only because he's a great football player, but also because he's a great man....a great role model. I have the utmost respect for him and all he has done for the Colts franchise and also for the city of Indianapolis. I am by all means a Colts fan and always will be, but I am also a Manning fan. We have our Colts for at least another 20 years so the franchise has quite a while to find success. Peyton, on the other hand, does not have that luxury. At most, I'd say he has 4-5 years but it could easily be less than that. So considering his rapidly closing window of opportunity as well as what all he has done for this franchise and this city, yes I will root for Manning until the day he retires.

Peyton has done a lot for this franchise. He was instrumental in making this franchise a powerhouse for over a decade. We have a new stadium because of him. We have the Colts in Indy at the very least for another 20 years because of him.

There are, however, more important things in life than winning and losing a game. Michael Vick used his star power and money to finance a dog fighting ring. Peyton used his to open a children's hospital. He could have been arrested for drug possession, DUI, assault, etc. He could have shot himself in the leg or been involved in a shooting at a strip club. But he didn't...he built a hospital for sick children.

I will root for him to be successful not only because he's a great football player, but also because he's a great man....a great role model. I have the utmost respect for him and all he has done for the Colts franchise and also for the city of Indianapolis. I am by all means a Colts fan and always will be, but I am also a Manning fan. We have our Colts for at least another 20 years so the franchise has quite a while to find success. Peyton, on the other hand, does not have that luxury. At most, I'd say he has 4-5 years but it could easily be less than that. So considering his rapidly closing window of opportunity as well as what all he has done for this franchise and this city, yes I will root for Manning until the day he retires.

That's exactly how I feel. He's done so much for Indianapolis and made me the fan I am today. I will pull for Peyton until he retires. One can be a Colt fand and a Peyton fan. I think it will be a couple of years before our new team is in contention, so I don't believe we'll have to pick one or the other anyway.

I will hope he stays healthy and does a good job out there, but in no way will I root for his team to do well. Heck I do not understand how most of you root for the Giants just because Eli plays for them.

Heck Faulk is my all time favorite player and when he went to the Rams I was glad to see him get the recognition he deserved, but it still ticked me off that the Rams won and not the Colts.

I root for the Colts and that will be it. If Manning and his new teams plays the Colts I will be hoping Mathis and company will be visiting Manning all day in the backfield.

I completely agree. I have always been a Colts fan. Players come and go but team loyalty is forever. I wish Peyton the best of luck as his exit marks the end of an era. Now lets get on with the business of rooting for the Colts to win another SB.

I'll root for Peyton in the playoffs as long as he's not playing us. I really hope he goes to the Dolphins because they're my 2nd favorite team because I live down here, or the 49ers because if he's 100% and the 9ers can bring in another weapon I honestly believe they can be one of the greatest teams of all time. Either way I hope Peyton can retire with another Super Bowl or 2.