Sign in to follow this  
AZColt11

Sometimes We Forget

As time goes by and the more time he misses, we can forget just how good our QB can be when healthy.  If he really is better than he's ever been, I'm definitely excited to see what he can do.  Even if he's just "only" as good as he was before surgery I'm still pretty intrigued.  Here's a nice reminder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUAy3hQGY6w

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Love #12.

This guy wants to win, for the team and for himself. He'll come out with a chip on his shoulder and alot of people will be proven wrong about this guy.

I have faith in him.

• Like 1

I think many people (especially the media) has forgotten just how good Andrew Luck is. I think a lot of people will be eating crow this season as the Colts return to relevance in the NFL.

• Like 5

I agree.......

I do hope that he starts to get rid of the ball sooner.

He wants a touchdown on every play

love the attitude, but he does bring on SOME of the hits himself.

I hope the new line and quicker shorter route offense help keep him healthy

• Like 3

Andrew Luck healthy with:

A new offensive philosophy 

Time to throw

More dynamic run game

New weapons 

Solid Special Teams

Better Defense 

Improved strength and conditioning 

Call me optimistic but I’m looking forward to this year!

GO COLTS!!

• Like 7

Jags got the Defense. Texans got the super stars. Titans got the flashy roster.

colts got the Luck. I’ll take that everytime, and twice on sundays (ESPECIALLY on Sundays).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

As time goes by and the more time he misses, we can forget just how good our QB can be when healthy.  If he really is better than he's ever been, I'm definitely excited to see what he can do.  Even if he's just "only" as good as he was before surgery I'm still pretty intrigued.  Here's a nice reminder.

I watched this one last night, and I was cringing at the section where they show some of the hits that he's taken over the years. It's honestly kind of amazing that he lasted as long as he did without sustaining an injury.

https://youtu.be/njnAy-d7uZI

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can't wait to see what he does. If all the hype is real and he is truly better than before and has worked on his craft with Tom House I can't wait to see how good he can be. He was already top 10 easily and probably top 5 in terms of talent, if he can comeback like he says, I can't wait to see him shut up so many of the people that hate on him. Going to be a make or break season for the franchise in terms of what we have at QB this year. I believe he will come back with a serious chip and to prove the masses wrong, and it will only be at the expense of the rest of the league.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

oh my

• Like 1

On some of those plays Luck was getting hit as soon as he was done with his drop back, and he still delivered perfect passes.  I can't wait to see him play again.

I think our offense will be fine, good even. This season, IMO, all comes down to how well the defense plays.

• Like 1

As long as AL is/stays healthy, this team is going places in the next few years. 

We just need Reich to take better care of the generational talent we have at QB than the last coach did, which also should include making him sit on the bench if we're getting blown out rather than watching him get creamed trying to make the score more respectable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The amazing part to me as I watched that video is the thought that he did this with a bad throwing shoulder.  I still shake my head.

On 6/20/2018 at 9:41 PM, AZColt11 said:

Luck's comment,  that he thinks he's going to be better than he's ever been......

I could be wrong,  but I think he's referring more long term than literally THIS YEAR.

I think it's practically impossible for him to be at his best this year.    From the time camp broke on 6/14 to the time of the first pre-season game with the Bengals about a week into August,  Andrew Luck is only going to have about 30 days of throwing.    And that includes the summer.   And by the time of the first regular season game,   that's about roughly 48-50 days fo throwing.    

That's it!

And that's not very much.     Not at all.    Under those conditions, the idea that we're going to see the best Andrew Luck we've ever seen this year, seems not very likely.    To be sure,  the new offense, where Luck gets rid of the ball on shorter timing plays will help.    And so will a much improved O-line and better running game.   But there's a lot that's going to be new,  and inexperienced.   And all that takes time to really get up to speed.

So,  I think the "best Andrew Luck we've ever seen" is coming....    but it's more likely coming in 19 and 20 then it is in 18.    I think that's pretty close to impossible.    There just isn't enough time for all that to happen.

35 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Luck's comment,  that he thinks he's going to be better than he's ever been......

I could be wrong,  but I think he's referring more long term than literally THIS YEAR.

I think it's practically impossible for him to be at his best this year.    From the time camp broke on 6/14 to the time of the first pre-season game with the Bengals about a week into August,  Andrew Luck is only going to have about 30 days of throwing.    And that includes the summer.   And by the time of the first regular season game,   that's about roughly 48-50 days fo throwing.    

That's it!

And that's not very much.     Not at all.    Under those conditions, the idea that we're going to see the best Andrew Luck we've ever seen seems not very likely.      To be sure,  the new offense, where Luck gets rid of the ball on shorter timing plays will help.    And so will a much improved O-line.    But there's a lot that's going to be new,  and inexperienced.    And all that takes time to really get up to speed.

So,  I think the "best Andrew Luck we've ever seen" is coming....    but it's more likely coming in 19 and 20 then it is in 18.     I think that's pretty close to impossible.     There just isn't enough time for all that to happen.

Manning may have needed every rep and 6 years to begin throwing like the GOAT, but these people are talking about a once in 25 year player.
 He is gonna come out throwing BBZ like the guy we always knew we drafted.   

Just you wait and see!  :banana: