Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are You Kidding Me? The Angry Fans Club

buddingvenus

Yeah, yeah, it's a new day. Who really cares? If The Colts were smart they would have kept PM and let whoever they drafted work under one of the greatest athletes of all time. Andrew Luck is young and has plenty of years ahead of him to set records or BE ALL HYPE, whatever his destiny brings about.

It's not about bandwagon Peyton Manning fans. It's about losing someone that has been in our hearts for over a decade. There's one team out there that's going to really "LUCK" up and get THE MAN!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are okay with paying a damaged aging player who hasnt taken a snap in over a year 28 millon dollars and suffecating our salary cap?

We know some of you are all about dollars and cents. These angry fans are the ones who love Peyton for who he is and what he has been to Indy.

If Irsay doesnt pay the 28m, Essentially, YES HE IS KICKING MANNING OUT OF TOWN!

How do you know that? It could be VERY possible Manning may not have wanted to be paid the 28mill and seek else where or sign an entirely new contract. You can't play the blame game until the details come out.

Heres my thoughts on the whole thing. If the colts really were going to get rid of manning they would trade him to a team in need of a qb and get a few extra picks or a player out of the deal. They Arent just going to release one of the best qbs in the game today for nothing. So with this said, I think they are releasing him from the roster until the start of the new league year so they can resign him at a more franchise friendly cost. I think its all about avoiding the 28 million bonus or whatever it is. Maybe Peyton agreed he didnt deserve the money because he wasnt able to participate this year and knows we cant delay the deadline any further

Heres my thoughts on the whole thing. If the colts really were going to get rid of manning they would trade him to a team in need of a qb and get a few extra picks or a player out of the deal. They Arent just going to release one of the best qbs in the game today for nothing. So with this said, I think they are releasing him from the roster until the start of the new league year so they can resign him at a more franchise friendly cost. I think its all about avoiding the 28 million bonus or whatever it is. Maybe Peyton agreed he didnt deserve the money because he wasnt able to participate this year and knows we cant delay the deadline any further

If he were to be traded Irsay would still have to pay the $28 million option. So trading him would have made no sense.

I was well prepared for this day in my mind. However, I am still pretty sad about this whole situation. Amazing how things change. One more win last season and 18 would be suiting up next year and leading the boys in blue. On the flip side, the football gods gifted us a chance of continued success for years to come.

I guess my real disappointment was in how this ended. Peyton was supposed to be able to go out on his own terms riding that white horse of glory. Thank you for all the years. You will be missed greatly.

Being that the Cardinals are the closest secondary team I would consider myself a fan of, I really hope he lands in Zona.

I'm just going to quote what I said in another topic.

If this is true, I hope Peyton goes to win two more Super Bowls. That way when people remember him they will notice his two SB with another team then him being remembered as a Colt. For them to go about it the way they did it was very, very wrong. If I was him I would denounce the Colts immediately.

Let's hope Andrew doesn't suck. :sigh:

I think Wednesday everyone should take their colts stuff down to the Lucas Oil Stadium and leave it there. I find it disgusting that after all Payton has done for the Colts and the city they just turn their back on him. When Payton comes to town to beat the Colts every Payton fan should wear his new jersey to the game.

So you are okay with paying a damaged aging player who hasnt taken a snap in over a year 28 millon dollars and suffecating our salary cap?

Uhhh when that player is Peyton Manning... YES! Anyone who thinks otherwise is an *. Players like Peyton Manning don't come around very often.

I think Wednesday everyone should take their colts stuff down to the Lucas Oil Stadium and leave it there. I find it disgusting that after all Payton has done for the Colts and the city they just turn their back on him. When Payton comes to town to beat the Colts every Payton fan should wear his new jersey to the game.

No one is turning their back on PEYTON, it's a mutual decision from that I've heard and read. I truly believe that part of the decision was PEYTON'S.

I'd love to agree but Peyton would be competing for his job every year it would be Montana and Young all over again I don't think either side wanted that.

Sweet I will go down and get my family some Colts stuff for free...

No one is turning their back on PEYTON, it's a mutual decision from that I've heard and read. I truly believe that part of the decision was PEYTON'S.

Unless we hear it from Peyton's mouth that it's a mutual decision Irsay will continue to be blamed, and god help him if Peyton wins another Superbowl or MVP(more likely) because I know I'll be one of the many Colt's fan who won't let it go. I truly feel bad for Luck because more than half the fan base is going to hate him this first year and if we're not back in the playoffs by his 3rd year the lynch mobs will be ready to hang him.

Unless we hear it from Peyton's mouth that it's a mutual decision Irsay will continue to be blamed, and god help him if Peyton wins another Superbowl or MVP(more likely) because I know I'll be one of the many Colt's fan who won't let it go. I truly feel bad for Luck because more than half the fan base is going to hate him this first year and if we're not back in the playoffs by his 3rd year the lynch mobs will be ready to hang him.

I feel since Irsay and Manning will both be at the press conference, then that tells me it's mutual and not just an Irsay decision. I think it show the class of both of them.

I'm sure a lot of "fans" will be hard on Luck, but we're rebuilding and he's the foundation. All real "fans" will support Andrew Luck and let him know that we believe in him and look forward to him playing here for many years. Of course, there's a chance he won't pan out, but I like the odds of him being a very solid NFL quarterback here for a long time.

If Peyton wins another Super Bowl and/or MVP, then I'll be happy for him.

If Irsay doesnt pay the 28m, Essentially, YES HE IS KICKING MANNING OUT OF TOWN!

Then you don't understand the dangers of that contract. If Manning had 2 retire mid contract it would destroy the cap. All of Manning's guaranteed bonus money would have count towards that years cap.

Payton who?

Walter Payton?

I feel since Irsay and Manning will both be at the press conference, then that tells me it's mutual and not just an Irsay decision. I think it show the class of both of them.

I'm sure a lot of "fans" will be hard on Luck, but we're rebuilding and he's the foundation. All real "fans" will support Andrew Luck and let him know that we believe in him and look forward to him playing here for many years. Of course, there's a chance he won't pan out, but I like the odds of him being a very solid NFL quarterback here for a long time.

If Peyton wins another Super Bowl and/or MVP, then I'll be happy for him.

I'll find out Wednesday from Peyton then thanks. And like a true colts fan I will support Luck because he's a colt, but I will also hate him this 1st yr because of Manning unless he bring a superbowl home which has a snowball's chance in heck

Yeah you can just give me all your Colt valuables.

We know some of you are all about dollars and cents. These angry fans are the ones who love Peyton for who he is and what he has been to Indy.

I agree. Lucas Oil Stadium is the house PEYTON built. I understand the business side of it but darn it sucks.

They can't trade him. But, I don't think they'd be having a press conference tomorrow if they were still working out a deal.

So I should leave this at Lucas Oil Stadium????????? :facepalm:

py11.jpg

Yeah you can just give me all your Colt valuables.

Same here...I wear size XXL. I'm as sad as anyone else, but it's reality and the reality of the business of professional sports. We've been so fortunate to have Peyton here all these years. I'm proud to be a Colts fan and I will always be supportive of my team, win or lose.

Am agreeing with Turner. Its my understanding that PM had to be released to renegotiate contract. Its been understood for weeks now that Irsay wouldn't pay the 28mil and that PM agiain, had to be released. Sports media is going to report news in a manner that brings the most attention "ratings". Ticker tape at bottom of espn, I'm told, just stated that PM would fly back to Indy tomorrow with Irsay. This could be the start of renegotiations. That being said, If Irsay was planning on offering PM league vet minimum, then Peyton should sign elsewhere because that would be a true slap to the face for Peyton. renegotiations are needed but within reason for both parties. If Irsay just cutting Peyton out right then this is the dumbest decision Irsay has made"BY FAR" in his tenure.

I am very very sad to see Peyton go. I don't care what anyone says, call me a bandwagon fan whatever, but I will be a fan of whatever team takes Peyton. I will wear his jersey for that team! I was a Colts fan since they came to Indy in the 80's, but they will have to be my 2nd fav team until Peyton retires officially.

IL0vePeyton

You make it sound like Irsay is kicking Manning out of town. We dont know the details yet so I dont think its fair to play the blame game yet.

Unrelated, but have you ever seen the incredibles? He had a executive fan boy too in that movie. When I read your posts, I picture you are him. I can't help it.

Am I upset? Of course. Am I angry? Only to see other teams (including rivals) salivating over #18, but that's just my heart talking. My head tells me that the man deserves to play out his years without the ruckus, upheaval, and rebuilding in Indy. Hard as it is to admit, he's on the downhill (approaching retirement, that is. Not to say he doesn't have quality years left if he's healthy) and the Colts organization clearly wants to restructure. Can Luck take over an offense built for Manning? Nothing to his discredit, but probably not.

That said, Manning to the Jets would fire me up.... with all the mess and drama in that locker room I can't help but think he would have been better off here.

Then you don't understand the dangers of that contract. If Manning had 2 retire mid contract it would destroy the cap. All of Manning's guaranteed bonus money would have count towards that years cap.

Thats not what I am saying at all. Lucklover says it may be Manning not wanting 28million. No, Its Irsay not wanting to pay it. It is essentially Irsay pushing Manning, thats all.

I would like for any of you to run a business solely on sentiment and emotion, and not on rational and dollars and cents.

My guess is you wouldn't be open for very long.

It's not just emotion! It's history - with Peyton we win games, without him we're mediocre at best. SO we want to keep him. Why do Luck fans act like "oh, they're so irrational and emotional for wanting to keep Peyton?"

I would like for any of you to run a business solely on sentiment and emotion, and not on rational and dollars and cents.

My guess is you wouldn't be open for very long.

The ring on your avatar.....don't forget who brought that here....PEYTON MANNING.

Im reserving judgment but I have the feeling that its a mutual split.

I agree - in spite of Irsay's public chest beating ("it's not about the money"), it has to be when you're running a business.

And Peyton knows that he won't get a ring here anytime in the next couple of years, and he only has 3-4-5 left -- so time to move on to a team that has a better chance at a SB.

Sounds like "win-win" negotiations to me.

Yeah, Colts - well positioned for the future, and ....

.. yeah, Peyton, go get another couple of rings. (though if it were my neck after 4 procedures in a year, I'd retire and talk on TV and play with the kids)