Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rodney Harrison on nbc sports radio

Fluke_33

11 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

He was going over the afc south and talked glowingly of Jax and Houston then said he doesn’t trust lucks health and expects the colts to struggle and win 3 to 4 games.  

I really hope they probe prove him wrong.  I think 9-7 is attainable.  

You had it right the first time with "probe" - alien style.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see us at worst 8-8 if Luck is healthy, at best 10-6. So as of now that is probably why my mind is stuck on 9-7.

Mid Andrew comes back 100% I expect to see at least 10 wins. I anticipate a year much like 2012 was with this new atmosphere and an oline that is actually capable, there’s no way we win less than 10. Riech has success running offenses. Pagano didn’t. That alone should do loads. 

13 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

He was going over the afc south and talked glowingly of Jax and Houston then said he doesn’t trust lucks health and expects the colts to struggle and win 3 to 4 games.  

I am not sure 50% of this forum trusts that Luck will be healthy so its not like Rodney is in left field. I mean, Luck may come back perfectly fine but you would have to admit, the way the team has handled it last year, then this year he hasn't thrown until this week and even then, what they have shown us hasn't been full throws, just against air and some easy tosses. It all seems odd. I think it is safe to say, Luck makes a 3-13 team a 10-6 type of team when healthy and hitting on the cylinders he came into the league with. Lots of new variables to review this season even if Luck is finally 100% healthy. He needs reps, he needs players who understand the new playbook and he needs the new, and last season guys, all to play legit NFL level ball. 

• Like 1

Heck even with JB I see them winning a minimum of 3-5 games.  With Luck at the helm, not even sure what Harrison was thinking.  Apparently he doesn't think at all, his cognitive abilities are off the charts stupid.  I think even Forrest Gump has a vastly superior sense of everything than Harrison does.  

• Like 2

Harrison is one of those stupid, retired athletes that has such few brain cells, that he thinks, I play for Patriots, they good, Colts were our rival, they bad. There are some athletes that are extremely intelligent, and some that are extremely stupid. When one shows their bias in such a manner as him, you know he's a simpleton. I doubt he even presented a respectable case why the Colts will win 3-4 games. I could counter any possible reasoning he had by simply saying that we have a new coaching staff, we had a great draft that fixed our weaknesses, and Luck should be back for the regular season. Even if he isn't, Brissett has a year of experience and will only be better with a new coaching staff.

I swear anyone associated with the Pats turns into a dumb e in some sort of way, whether it be through becoming stupid, committing crimes, or just one too many hits to the head. The fans of theirs match the logic of the players as well. Don't even get me started how much of a lost cause logic is on them.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2018 at 11:07 AM, Shive said:

Anyone on the national level seems to share that opinion and we shouldn't expect anything else. Keep in mind that talking about Luck's health from a negative perspective is more controversial and gets more attention than the positive perspective. Also consider that nobody on the national level wants to make the "hot take" that Luck will be fully healthy and tear up the AFC South.

Well after being out a year and still not up to full skills, people are in the 'prove it' mode. We can't wait until he does, and show the division we are to be reckoned with again.

17 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Mid Andrew comes back 100% I expect to see at least 10 wins. I anticipate a year much like 2012 was with this new atmosphere and an oline that is actually capable, there’s no way we win less than 10. Riech has success running offenses. Pagano didn’t. That alone should do loads. 

True, but Pagano let Arians run the offense (and HC duties) when he left for cancer treatment) to an 11 - 5 record in 2012, who does know offense, even if folks disliked his scheme.  Pep Hamilton ran the Offense for the next two 11 - 5 seasons. A defensive minded HC does not run the O, he let's the O coordinator handle it. But HC looks at tape and knows what worked and what didn't on both sides of the ball after each game. He gives his input there, and the side of the ball the HC is more familiar with with have more of his imprint.  But he makes sure both sides practice the game plan and what they failed to execute well in prior games ( 'cleaning it up' ).

Could the opposite be said, that Pagano had experience running defenses where Reich doesn't? Maybe, but in the end, how much does it matter if good OC's and DC's design and implement good game plans each week and do the play calling? This truly is a 'team sport'.

And some player/commentators can't ever get past their previous team biases.

Yeah, i watched Lucks soft tosses that went no more than 10 yards.
He he had Lost his Nolan Ryan straight over the top throwing motion, and it looked like that distance was near what his shoulder would allow.
 Yes, it is a guessing game. But if what i think i was seeing is true, he is far far from being NFL ready.
Ballard and Reich should and will IMO push the young kids into playing time.
 If so, it will be tough goings to win 6 games.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Heck even with JB I see them winning a minimum of 3-5 games.  With Luck at the helm, not even sure what Harrison was thinking.  Apparently he doesn't think at all, his cognitive abilities are off the charts stupid.  I think even Forrest Gump has a vastly superior sense of everything than Harrison does.  

CTE is a problem for the big-hitters of yesteryear if i'm not mistaken. Rodney was one of those type of players. Now whether his hits were legal, or not, would be a different tread all together and boy would we have New England fans coming out of the woodwork to defend the cheap-shot artist.

How about this thought regarding Rodney Harrison and his distain for the Colts...

CTE - "Continuously Trolling Everyone" associated with the Colts. It really seems to be Harrison's modus operandi. That said, would somebody please cut the cord to his microphone. Or at least deflate his ego a bit.

Then let him know that the Pats are about to become insignificant in next year or two.

Go Blue!!

On 6/16/2018 at 12:53 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Ironically, his job was to talk about football, but with what he was saying to his hairdresser, he talked himself out of a job...

:facepalm:

And why a guy with that bad of a hairline needed a hairdresser is another question.

Back to Rodney Harrison, he's just a joke. Like seriously, what does he add to TV? He just sits there with his arms folded, has a disgruntled look on his face, and only says like 3 words. Mostly just to disagree with whatever Coach Dungy says and adds nothing of use. How does he have a job?

Blind Comment:  I'm not going to look at the OP's first post and guess that Harrison said something negative about the Colts.  If I'm wrong, I will eat my crow and apologize.  He takes shots when he can.  I think he wants the Colts to do bad, he always goes at it with Tony Dungy when conversation involves Colts. 

On 6/16/2018 at 9:28 AM, Blueblood23 said:

He was a dirty player and cheap shot artist.  Can't stand him or his opinions.

One of the dirtiest players of all time, he also is a baiter,  years ago a player spiked the ball in the endzone after score and it barely grazed he leg after two bounces and he cried to the ref and got a 15 yard unsportsman like penalty against the player spiking the ball, he is a piece of crap. plain and simple, his opinions bare no foundation so he is one of many to be ignored when they open their mouth

• Like 2

On 6/16/2018 at 12:45 PM, coltsfeva said:

The Eagles were 7–9 in 2016. Nobody but the most optimistic fans would have projected them to win it all.

Most teams (including the Colts) have added talent through the draft and FA. I’m getting more convinced that the NFL is a crapshoot with games at times, coming down to inches, bounces and split-second differences  determining victory or defeat.

The Colts also have some pretty good players coming back that ended up on IR last year, not the least of which is Andrew Luck. 

Let them talk. If they didn’t do their homework and based their projections on last year’s backups under Pagano, shame on them. Maybe they should consider another line of work.

There is an element of luck involved with football but I think teams that are successful are teams with a good front office and good coaching. 

On 6/16/2018 at 9:12 AM, gnet550 said:

Any time a Patriot is on a show they talk down on the Colts...can’t let the old rivalry go I suppose. Luck will be alright and we will do just fine...Rodney Harrison can suck one lol

1. Do you honestly believe the Pats view this as a rivalry?  Couldn't it just be that is honestly what he believes, regardless of the history of the two franchises?  

2. Is his point, based on not trusting Luck's health, really that unreasonable?  He is not first person who questions that and some, gasp!!!, have nothing to do with the Pats or Colts.

And who freaking cares anyway?  It will be decided on the field and this opinion is just as valid today as any of those who think Indy goes 10-6 this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've always thought Dungy and Harrison together was a bit awkward. You can tell Harrison doesn't like the Colts and he sometimes talked over or didn't agree with Dungy a lot. It's fine, but you could tell there was a little "extra" in there during the NFL broadcasts. Maybe it was just me? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

1. Do you honestly believe the Pats view this as a rivalry?  Couldn't it just be that is honestly what he believes, regardless of the history of the two franchises?  

2. Is his point, based on not trusting Luck's health, really that unreasonable?  He is not first person who questions that and some, gasp!!!, have nothing to do with the Pats or Colts.

And who freaking cares anyway?  It will be decided on the field and this opinion is just as valid today as any of those who think Indy goes 10-6 this year.

Mostly a joke..don’t get your panties in a wad...

On 6/16/2018 at 8:58 AM, Fluke_33 said:

Well if he is worried about his health, he is bashing a Belichick 3rd rounder

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaredfor3 said:

There is an element of luck involved with football but I think teams that are successful are teams with a good front office and good coaching. 

Agreed. You’ve got to have a good FO and coaching and many teams do.

Maybe I should have said “all things being equal”. 

On 6/16/2018 at 7:58 AM, Fluke_33 said:

As much as I hope that Luck’s shoulder isn’t going to be a major, lingering issue, I wouldn’t call myself hopeful.

If it does turn out to be a continuing problem, then I don’t think a 3-4 win season is out of the question.  I think that’s on the low end of our prospects — but it’s in the range.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2018 at 2:27 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Well after being out a year and still not up to full skills, people are in the 'prove it' mode. We can't wait until he does, and show the division we are to be reckoned with again.

True, but Pagano let Arians run the offense (and HC duties) when he left for cancer treatment) to an 11 - 5 record in 2012, who does know offense, even if folks disliked his scheme.  Pep Hamilton ran the Offense for the next two 11 - 5 seasons. A defensive minded HC does not run the O, he let's the O coordinator handle it. But HC looks at tape and knows what worked and what didn't on both sides of the ball after each game. He gives his input there, and the side of the ball the HC is more familiar with with have more of his imprint.  But he makes sure both sides practice the game plan and what they failed to execute well in prior games ( 'cleaning it up' ).

Could the opposite be said, that Pagano had experience running defenses where Reich doesn't? Maybe, but in the end, how much does it matter if good OC's and DC's design and implement good game plans each week and do the play calling? This truly is a 'team sport'.

And some player/commentators can't ever get past their previous team biases.

The Colts have never been a short yardage passing team. Always 10 yard down field. It didn’t matter who the OC was it just never changed year in and year out. It was like the HC was calling the plays or something... 

while most teams may allow their coaches to call plays that doesn’t mean that Pagano did. There isn’t anything anywhere stating that to be true. 

I find his comments typical of former Patriots. I would have to think that even with Jacoby the Colts would win more games than that since he got most of the 1st team snaps in OTAs. With a totally functioning Andrew Luck, that number is just plain silly.