Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rodney Harrison on nbc sports radio

Fluke_33

He was going over the afc south and talked glowingly of Jax and Houston then said he doesn’t trust lucks health and expects the colts to struggle and win 3 to 4 games.  

I really hope they probe prove him wrong.  I think 9-7 is attainable.  

7 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

Any time a Patriot is on a show they talk down on the Colts...can’t let the old rivalry go I suppose. Luck will be alright and we will do just fine...Rodney Harrison can suck one lol

I think he’s been pretty even keeled about the colts but this * me off.  I agree he can suck it!  Hahaha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

He was going over the afc south and talked glowingly of Jax and Houston then said he doesn’t trust lucks health and expects the colts to struggle and win 3 to 4 games.  

He was a dirty player and cheap shot artist.  Can't stand him or his opinions.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

Harrison is a * nobody gives a crap what he says anymore I remember him saying pats were gonna win super bowl easily too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone on the national level seems to share that opinion and we shouldn't expect anything else. Keep in mind that talking about Luck's health from a negative perspective is more controversial and gets more attention than the positive perspective. Also consider that nobody on the national level wants to make the "hot take" that Luck will be fully healthy and tear up the AFC South.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see us at worst 8-8 if Luck is healthy, at best 10-6. So as of now that is probably why my mind is stuck on 9-7.

It's maybe my pessimistic side but I think the division could be really strong this year, or at a minimum, 2 out of 3 teams being very strong.

I actually don't see games where we will be big underdogs outwith the div aside from pats and eagles. Only issue I have is 5 of first 8 games on the road and so might be tough creating momentum before we played 5 of 6 division games in 2nd half of the schedule.

I am definitely excited for this year though, real prospect of an improved team, not that we could be much worse!

• Like 2

My ranking of former Pats turned broadcasters that I've seen on a regular basis (never seen Troy Brown or Ty Law on the Boston shows, but I'd guess that Brown would be near the top of my ranking while Law would be next to Rodney Harrison):

1. Roosevelt Colvin

2. Damien Woody

3.  Willie McGinest

4. Tedy Bruschi

5. Rodney Harrison

6. Heath Evans

I like Colvin, he has ties to Indy, and even does Colts media.  Woody seems like a media pro and doesn't seem as biased as the rest.  I can barely stand listening to McGinest (I still remember your flop-job in Indy 15 years ago Willie!!!), but he's good.  The rest are like nails on a chalkboard.  They are incapable of saying anything positive about the Colts or anything negative about the Pats.  And Evans is so far up Belichicks' butt that you can barely understand what he's saying with all that digested chowda coming out of his mouth...

MMhM.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

My ranking of former Pats turned broadcasters that I've seen on a regular basis (never seen Troy Brown or Ty Law on the Boston shows, but I'd guess that Brown would be near the top of my ranking while Law would be next to Rodney Harrison):

1. Roosevelt Colvin

2. Damien Woody

3.  Willie McGinest

4. Tedy Bruschi

5. Rodney Harrison

6. Heath Evans

I like Colvin, he has ties to Indy, and even does Colts media.  Woody seems like a media pro and doesn't seem as biased as the rest.  I can barely stand listening to McGinest, but he's good.  The rest are like nails on a chalkboard.  They are incapable of saying anything positive about the Colts or anything negative about the Pats.  And Evans is so far up Belichicks' butt that you can barely understand what he's saying with all that digested chowda coming out of his mouth...

MMhM.gif

The 1st 3 guys you mentioned I like. Woody is real good IMO. The last 3 suck.

The Eagles were 7–9 in 2016. Nobody but the most optimistic fans would have projected them to win it all.

Most teams (including the Colts) have added talent through the draft and FA. I’m getting more convinced that the NFL is a crapshoot with games at times, coming down to inches, bounces and split-second differences  determining victory or defeat.

The Colts also have some pretty good players coming back that ended up on IR last year, not the least of which is Andrew Luck. 

Let them talk. If they didn’t do their homework and based their projections on last year’s backups under Pagano, shame on them. Maybe they should consider another line of work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shive said:

Anyone on the national level seems to share that opinion and we shouldn't expect anything else. Keep in mind that talking about Luck's health from a negative perspective is more controversial and gets more attention than the positive perspective. Also consider that nobody on the national level wants to make the "hot take" that Luck will be fully healthy and tear up the AFC South.

Almost nobody on the national level that I've seen is predicting 3-4 wins for the Colts.

Most that I've seen are predicting 6-7 wins.   I saw one writer for Sports Illustrated guess at 4 wins, but that's it.

As for Luck?  He just went public about throwing this week.   Why should the media be optimistic about Luck all things considered?   People want some level of proof.   Luck won't be able to prove  anything until September.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The 1st 3 guys you mentioned I like. Woody is real good IMO. The last 3 suck.

Woody and Bruschi are very very good.   They do homework.   McGinest is pretty good.

The rest I can do without.   Though to be fair, I've never heard Colvin.   Who does he work for?    Is he local?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Woody and Bruschi are very very good.   They do homework.   McGinest is pretty good.

The rest I can do without.   Though to be fair, I've never heard Colvin.   Who does he work for?    Is he local?

Yeah I was probably too harsh on Tedy when I lumped him in with Rodney and Heath. I like McGinest actually. Colvin is now a Football analyst for the Big Ten Network. He is pretty good IMO. I think Woody is the best on that list.

• Like 1

Rodney Harrison's Patriots days of winning titles are over.

Last year was the end of their title runs. Brady is in his 40's

and the seams in the locker room are unraveling.

The Colt's arrow is pointing up and the Pat's is pointing down.

36 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Colvin is a Broad Ripple and Purdue alum who lives in Indy 

Worked RCA Dome concessions as a kid

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dodsworth said:

Rodney Harrison's Patriots days of winning titles are over.

Last year was the end of their title runs. Brady is in his 40's

and the seams in the locker room are unraveling.

The Colt's arrow is pointing up and the Pat's is pointing down.

Yep, their window is closing. They have this season to try and get 1 more SB win and they will be Good at worse in 2018 IMO. I can see 12-4. After that it will start crumbling more. I think trading JimmyG was a huge mistake on their part but hey that is JMO.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, their window is closing. They have this season to try and get 1 more SB win and they will be Good at worse in 2018 IMO. I can see 12-4. After that it will start crumbling more. I think trading JimmyG was a huge mistake on their part but hey that is JMO.

What you not impressed with their QB depth

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

41 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Colvin is a Broad Ripple and Purdue alum who lives in Indy 

Worked RCA Dome concessions as a kid

He also comes on Boston radio for 15 min every Monday during the season.  He had decent insights about the previous games.  

• Thanks 1

whos rodney harrisson? Oh yah that guy who played dirty for a dirty team and now get's paid to be an analyst but all he really does is boast about the Pats and talks crap about every team the Pats ever had a rival with, mainly the Colts.

Can't trust Andrew's healthy but let's talking glowingly of a team that will rely on getting Watt on the field consistently to be any good.

Not to mention Watson. The Texans have more questionable players in regards to fitness than we do.

• Like 2