Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Minicamp 6/14/18

TKnight24

On 6/15/2018 at 11:52 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Having had some time to think about this I think I've pieced this one together...

Remember the practice is SUPPISED to be non-contact.    No pads, no violent collisions.    And here's a guy who suffers a concussion due to contact.

The team is compelled to use soft language like "incidental" to protect the organization.   If the team admits there was too much contact, they could lose days of practice from the NFL...    no one wants that...   so the team offers a "white lie".    It's pretty common in the NFL with the rules in place to protect  players.

One, there is no such thing as a white lie.  Either it's a lie or it's a truth, IMO.  But anyway.

it very well could be the team is being creative with their wording to try and protect themselves, or it could be completely truthful.  I've seen it in my own non contact practices... someone runs to get in position, pulls up right then someone trips or cuts or jukes right then and the person that pulls up gets caught in it gets knocked to the ground and slams their head off the turf.

Creative wording aside, I am sure the NFL will( have already) investigate(d), they will not make a decision by how the team discusses it to the media.

• Like 1