Caleb3502

Top 11 Colts of All-Time (NFL.com)

Recommended Posts

NFL.com is breaking down the top 10 players from each franchise by division.  Yesterday was the AFC South.  Here's their list of their top 10 Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000937048/article/alltime-xi-afc-south-no-2-slot-for-peyton-manning-jj-watt

 

1) Johnny Unitas, QB (1956-1972)
2) Peyton Manning, QB (1998-2011)
3) Marvin Harrison, WR (1996-2008)
4) Raymond Berry, WR (1955-1967)
5) Gino Marchetti, DE (1953-1966)
6) Reggie Wayne, WR (2001-2014)
7) John Mackey, TE (1963-1971)
8) Dwight Freeney, DE (2002-2012)
9) Edgerrin James, RB (1999-2005)
10) Lenny Moore, RB (1956-1967)
11) Art Donovan, DT (1950, 1953-1961)
Coach: Tony Dungy (2002-2008)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This list simply emphasis why 'all time list' in any category doesn't mean jack.  Bert Jones, truly one of the Best QB's of all time had he not had his career shortened by injury is not even on a top 10 colt list?

Even Belichek said he was the best he ever seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim Parker , Best Colts Lineman, should be on the list. And Lenny Moore should be #3.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

This list simply emphasis why 'all time list' in any category doesn't mean jack.  Bert Jones, truly one of the Best QB's of all time had he not had his career shortened by injury is not even on a top 10 colt list?

Even Belichek said he was the best he ever seen.

He didn't play long enough.    Never won a playoff game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

This list simply emphasis why 'all time list' in any category doesn't mean jack.  Bert Jones, truly one of the Best QB's of all time had he not had his career shortened by injury is not even on a top 10 colt list?

Even Belichek said he was the best he ever seen.

 

Bob Sanders, truly one of the best Safeties of all time had he not had his career shortened by injury...

 

Injuries keep some really good players off lists like this and have kept some players out of the HoF when they otherwise probably would have gotten in.

 

It is what it is.  I'm not taking anyone off this list to make room for Bert Jones or Bob Sanders because they couldn't stay healthy enough to replace any of those names.

 

:hat:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Four2itus said:

Not sure I would put Edge over Mathis. He was only here 6 years. 

 

I was wondering how they included Freeney but not Mathis.  I believe Mathis had more sacks and strip-sacks as a Colt than Freeney, and he spent his entire career (playing, and now coaching) with the Colts...

 

:scratch:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does Mathis get left off this list? He is the franchise leader for sacks and holds the individual season record.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Not sure I would put Edge over Mathis. He was only here 6 years. 

 

Franchise leader in sacks, played in 2 Super Bowls, won 1... yeah that's odd that he's not on the list.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Robert Mathis or Bob Sanders?? Odd. Here is my Top 5

1. Peyton Manning - By a hair over Unitas!

 

2. Johnny Unitas

 

3. Marvin Harrison

 

4. Dwight Freeney - Best Pass Rusher we have ever had IMO. His importance was really felt when he couldnt play in the 2nd Half of SB 44.

 

5. Reggie Wayne - I have seen film on Raymond Berry and have looked at his numbers, by my eye test Reggie was better, JMO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed they were all during two eras. Either during Peyton's time or Johnny's. Just thought that was interesting. Art and Gino being there before Johnny though if only for a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve always enjoyed watching Lydell Mitchell growing up.  One of the most underrated rb ever.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KB said:

I noticed they were all during two eras. Either during Peyton's time or Johnny's. Just thought that was interesting. Art and Gino being there before Johnny though if only for a bit.

To break that narrative I could make a huge case for Eric Dickerson being on this list. Reasons:

1. He was the 1st bigtime impact player that the Indianapolis Colts acquired which was in 1987. We were a joke and the laugh of the league when we moved to Indy in 1984 from Baltimore. From 1984-1986, we stunk. In 1986 we went 3-13 but when we got Dickerson in a trade he turned our whole franchise around. In 1987 we went 9-6 and won the AFC East and the Pats and Dolphins both were Good back then. Teams had to finally take us serious when we got him. He put us on the map here in Indy. Before we got him almost nobody here in Indy cared about the team to be honest.

 

2. Eventhough he only had 3 Great seasons here, see above what I posted and he was Great here = he won the Rushing Title in 1988 something Marshall Faulk never did here. When it comes to Marshall Faulk my lasting memory of him as a Colt is playing all 16 games in 1995 being injury free, then carry the ball once in the Playoffs and leave with an injury and not play again in those Playoffs. That and his Turf Toe. The 1995 Colts could've won the SB but ol' Turf Toe pulled a Tomlinson in the Playoffs. Faulk then goes to the Rams and plays like he's the best ever in 1999 winning a SB LOL.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Caleb3502 said:

NFL.com is breaking down the top 10 players from each franchise by division.  Yesterday was the AFC South.  Here's their list of their top 10 Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000937048/article/alltime-xi-afc-south-no-2-slot-for-peyton-manning-jj-watt

 

1) Johnny Unitas, QB (1956-1972)
2) Peyton Manning, QB (1998-2011)
3) Marvin Harrison, WR (1996-2008)
4) Raymond Berry, WR (1955-1967)
5) Gino Marchetti, DE (1953-1966)
6) Reggie Wayne, WR (2001-2014)
7) John Mackey, TE (1963-1971)
8) Dwight Freeney, DE (2002-2012)
9) Edgerrin James, RB (1999-2005)
10) Lenny Moore, RB (1956-1967)
11) Art Donovan, DT (1950, 1953-1961)
Coach: Tony Dungy (2002-2008)

The problem is, it's tough to take anyone off this list to add someone different. Maybe Donovan out and Mathis in there. I loved Dickerson but Mathis played here his whole career and was our all-time Sack leader. Sanders was Great too but his longevity/durability keeps him off this list IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The problem is, it's tough to take anyone off this list to add someone different. Maybe Donovan out and Mathis in there. I loved Dickerson but Mathis played here his whole career and was our all-time Sack leader. Sanders was Great too but his longevity/durability keeps him off this list IMO. 

That's the problem with these type of lists,there are always good players left off.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jimmy g said:

Jim Parker , Best Colts Lineman, should be on the list. And Lenny Moore should be #3.

 

add John Mackey , a tight end that ran through players, had 1 of greatest runs after a catch ever plowing throw 1 defender after another

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SORRY  I just reviewed list again he is already there, guess my short term memory is going

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, jimmy g said:

Jim Parker , Best Colts Lineman, should be on the list. And Lenny Moore should be #3.

 

 

agreed , Parker was a fortress protecting Unitas's blindside

 

Hard to place who is where on list but Moore can run with the best but what a WR as well, or simply out of the backfield  best play Unitas hitting him way deep in stride along sideline leading him and keeping him in bounds to keep running for what ended up a 72 yard td if remember right

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bayone said:

 

 

agreed , Parker was a fortress protecting Unitas's blindside

 

Hard to place who is where on list but Moore can run with the best but what a WR as well, or simply out of the backfield  best play Unitas hitting him way deep in stride along sideline leading him and keeping him in bounds to keep running for what ended up a 72 yard td if remember right

Hi Barry, how have you been? Yeah this list is Good but we have had so many Great players, we need a Top 20 actually. I may reel that off in a while. Jim Parker was Great.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hi Barry, how have you been? Yeah this list is Good but we have had so many Great players, we need a Top 20 actually. I may reel that off in a while. Jim Parker was Great.

 

Thanks for the hi , doing well enough thanks , mini setbacks as par for course but no complaints overall , no significant deterioration - just got to be careful- really dont have time for this as immediately get nice  how are u, or welcome back  and  need to concentrate on pt, drs etc and this not place for that , really should write u what just wrote but easier to wish all the best, the colts the best etc etc for all who bother to read right here than individual messaging with my dexterity issues and just say i may not respond but will always read

 

Luck throwing was important as is this list to this ancient colt fan from the 50's that remebers Unitas in 56

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bayone said:

 

add John Mackey , a tight end that ran through players, had 1 of greatest runs after a catch ever plowing throw 1 defender after another

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SORRY  I just reviewed list again he is already there, guess my short term memory is going

 

Barry, good to see you posting, man!!! Hope you stick around a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, chad72 said:

 

Barry, good to see you posting, man!!! Hope you stick around a bit.

 

Thanks , good to post - Read my above comment in post just before yours -2 posts baCK

will always read, commenting hard , fingers can spasm for 10-50 minutes on any mouse or full size keyboard type, after spasm hand locks up also 10-50 minutes, may not happen for a few months or 5 x a day-- the more i use it the greater the chance - tried month back to comment and it happened and after spasms / lock up stopped said forget it & just massaged hand & fingers - sorry know this aint the place to comment on such matters

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree Mathis would be on my list of Top Colts.

 

Sanders... as great of a player he was and as fun as he was to watch, he played in 48 out of a possible 112 games and never played an entire season.  There is no way I could vote a guy as one of the best in a franchise when he missed more than 50% of his games.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bayone said:

 

Thanks , good to post - Read my above comment in post just before yours -2 posts baCK

will always read, commenting hard , fingers can spasm for 10-50 minutes on any mouse or full size keyboard type, after spasm hand locks up also 10-50 minutes, may not happen for a few months or 5 x a day-- the more i use it the greater the chance - tried month back to comment and it happened and after spasms / lock up stopped said forget it & just massaged hand & fingers - sorry know this aint the place to comment on such matters

Barry!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is my Top 10 + 1 = 11, after that it really is a crapshoot LOL

1. Peyton Manning

2. Johnny Unitas

3. Marvin Harrison

4. Dwight Freeney

5. Reggie Wayne

6. Gino Marchetti

7. John Mackey

8. Jim Parker - Best O.Lineman in Colts history

9. Robert Mathis

10. Raymond Berry

11. Edgerrin James, best RB in Colts history due to Stats and Longevity

 

-The only 2 players I have in my Top 11 they don't is Mathis and Parker, I took out Lenny Moore and Art Donovan. My order is different though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here is my Top 10 + 1 = 11, after that it really is a crapshoot LOL

1. Peyton Manning

2. Johnny Unitas

3. Marvin Harrison

4. Dwight Freeney

5. Reggie Wayne

6. Gino Marchetti

7. John Mackey

8. Jim Parker - Best O.Lineman in Colts history

9. Robert Mathis

10. Raymond Berry

11. Edgerrin James, best RB in Colts history due to Stats and Longevity

 

-The only 2 players I have in my Top 11 they don't is Mathis and Parker, I took out Lenny Moore and Art Donovan. My order is different though.

 

 

cant complain save list needs to be bigger, all should be there, Moore has longer tenure than James BTW

 

art Donovan from the back of his 1957 card

 

-1 of the most able defense-men in the league,, made all pro for 3rd straight time in 56 ( dont know about latter years ) has the power to spare and bolts through the line in a flash to smother enemy passers and rack up runners with shattering tackles-.  uses his brain as well as brawn . art is one of the toughest men to trap

 

back of 58 card

 

1 of the most bruising men on the field,....  opponents want no part of him because he plays to tough... running into him islike butting into a brick wall and when he clamps his massive arms around a ball carrier it looks like he is trying to seperate him from his head

 

Lenny moores cards say = cpmellinjg stuff,

 

58 card like he has proved to be  one of most sensational t runners to enter NFL in years, like a bolt of lighning  streaking down the field with that ball cardled in hand - had best ground gainhing average last year

 

56 card

talks about how fast he  can he hit though holes etc

 

sorrry fingers hurt stopping here

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, bayone said:

 

cant complain save list needs to be bigger, all should be there, Moore has longer tenure than James BTW

 

art Donovan from the back of his 1957 card

 

-1 of the most able defense-men in the league,, made all pro for 3rd straight time in 56 ( dont know about latter years ) has the power to spare and bolts through the line in a flash to smother enemy passers and rack up runners with shattering tackles-.  uses his brain as well as brawn . art is one of the toughest men to trap

 

back of 58 card

 

1 of the most bruising men on the field,....  opponents want no part of him because he plays to tough... running into him islike butting into a brick wall and when he clamps his massive arms around a ball carrier it looks like he is trying to seperate him from his head

Yeah I hated leaving either guys off. Moore did play longer than James as a Colt but James' Stats were far better. James had more Longevity than Dickerson or Faulk though. Robert Mathis is the All-Time Sack Leader in Colts history so to leave him off this list of 11 just makes no sense to me. Jim Parker could play Tackle or Guard and made 9 1st Team All-Pro, also weighed nearly 280 pounds which was gigantic when he played. He is clearly the best O.Lineman ever to wear a Colts uniform so no way he shouldn't be on the list, JMO. I know people love Lenny Moore like Jimmy G does but I think Parker and Mathis belong more. It is all opinion, so I am sure some will agree with me and some will disagree with me. 

 

-For the Lenny Moore fans I would put him at #12 by the way right behind James. I shouldve did a Top 20 LOL. Alot of Bert Jones fans in here too, he just didn't play long enough to be on that list staying healthy IMO much like Bob Sanders. Look at how Good to Great Andrew Luck was in his 1st 3 seasons and he would be lucky to make a Top 20 list of all-time Colts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 11:45 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The problem is, it's tough to take anyone off this list to add someone different. Maybe Donovan out and Mathis in there. I loved Dickerson but Mathis played here his whole career and was our all-time Sack leader. Sanders was Great too but his longevity/durability keeps him off this list IMO. 

 

Mathis has one elite year without Freeney. Otherwise he didn’t do much without the help. Not that our coaching staff helped out much. But that doesn’t matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I hated leaving either guys off. Moore did play longer than James as a Colt but James' Stats were far better. James had more Longevity than Dickerson or Faulk though. Robert Mathis is the All-Time Sack Leader in Colts history so to leave him off this list of 11 just makes no sense to me. Jim Parker could play Tackle or Guard and made 9 1st Team All-Pro, also weighed nearly 280 pounds which was gigantic when he played. He is clearly the best O.Lineman ever to wear a Colts uniform so no way he shouldn't be on the list, JMO. I know people love Lenny Moore like Jimmy G does but I think Parker and Mathis belong more. It is all opinion, so I am sure some will agree with me and some will disagree with me. 

 

-For the Lenny Moore fans I would put him at #12 by the way right behind James. I shouldve did a Top 20 LOL. Alot of Bert Jones fans in here too, he just didn't play long enough to be on that list staying healthy IMO much like Bob Sanders. Look at how Good to Great Andrew Luck was in his 1st 3 seasons and he would be lucky to make a Top 20 list of all-time Colts.

 

I had added this ON MOORE to my  original post  via edit after u responded to add to back of donovan cards the moore ones

 

Lenny moores cards say = cpmellinjg stuff,

 

58 card like he has proved to be  one of most sensational t runners to enter NFL in years, like a bolt of lighning  streaking down the field with that ball cardled in hand - had best ground gainhing average last year

 

56 card

talks about how fast he  can he hit though holes etc

 

Lets face it we all had preference, grew up with original colts thats why I have great personal memories  and am jaded  Via childhood idols & why have PSA judged set of 58 starters & some subs plus some early and later years like Arts Donovans  52 rookie, Obviously Mackey was later , every unitas yearly casrd of cpurse,

 

talk about multi positional  someone called Bert Rechchar-

have a 51 rookie size of a postage stamp( actually was college & in college uniform  but officially NFL    considered it his rookie card  even though his 52 card he is still a tenn volunteer , 

 

( back then rookie cards could come out before or even a year  after a player was on a team and playing - VERY WEIRD 

 

he was a ace pass receiver with great fake out moves,100 yard td punt return ( think was in college but could do it in later years as needed ) , was a "wingback"/ halfback ,at 1 point held NFL record for field goal made- 56 yarder think in 1953 as a colt and was considered 1 of the colts ace DB's , had 5 IT's in 57 i think it was & in 53, voted colt MVP of the Colt DB group as per his 54 card , the 53 card i dont have when he realy became a colt

 

Belive played some roles on 58 team, not sure what though but doubt started, belive he played in all 58 games but didnt start in any

 

sorrry fingers hurt stopping here

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2018 at 11:45 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The problem is, it's tough to take anyone off this list to add someone different. Maybe Donovan out and Mathis in there. I loved Dickerson but Mathis played here his whole career and was our all-time Sack leader. Sanders was Great too but his longevity/durability keeps him off this list IMO. 

 

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here is my Top 10 + 1 = 11, after that it really is a crapshoot LOL

1. Peyton Manning

2. Johnny Unitas

3. Marvin Harrison

4. Dwight Freeney

5. Reggie Wayne

6. Gino Marchetti

7. John Mackey

8. Jim Parker - Best O.Lineman in Colts history

9. Robert Mathis

10. Raymond Berry

11. Edgerrin James, best RB in Colts history due to Stats and Longevity

 

-The only 2 players I have in my Top 11 they don't is Mathis and Parker, I took out Lenny Moore and Art Donovan. My order is different though.

 

Why only 11?  Stampede Blue did 50 -

 

1) Peyton Manning
2) Johnny Unitas
3) Marvin Harrison
4) Raymond Berry
5) Gino Marchetti
6) John Mackey
7) Reggie Wayne
8) Edgerrin James
9) Dwight Freeney
10) Lenny Moore

 

11) Robert Mathis, DE
12) Art Donovan, OG *
13) Jim Parker, FB *
14) Jeff Saturday, OC
15) Bert Jones, QB *
16) Jim Harbaugh, QB
17) Alan Ameche, RB *
18) Adam Vinatieri, K
19) Tarik Glenn, OT
20) Gary Brackett, LB

 

21) Chris Hinton, OG
22) Bob Sanders, SS
23) Mike Curtis, LB-FB *
24) Bobby Vogel, OT *
25) Dallas Clark, TE
26) Ray Donaldson, OC
27) Rohn Stark, P
28) Mike Barnes, DE *
29) Gene Lipscomb, DT *
30) Bubba Smith, DE *

 

31) Bobby Boyd, DB *
32) Marshall Faulk, RB
33) Buddy Young, FB *
34) John Dutton, DT-DE *
35) Clarence Verdin, KR
36) Mike Vanderjagt, K
37) Rick Volk, DB *
38) George Konze, OT *
39) Bert Rechichar, DB, LB, RB *
40) Eric Dickerson, RB

 

41) Dick Szymanski, OC-LB *
42) Ted Hendricks, LB *
43) Jerry Logan, DB *
44) Willie Richardson, WR *
45) Antoine Bethea, FS
46) Fred Miller, DT *
47) Will Wolford, OT
48) Duane Bickett, LB

49) Tom Matte, RB *
50) Dominic Rhodes, RB

 

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/6/19/4444938/top-50-indianapolis-baltimore-colts-players-all-time

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Why only 11?  Stampede Blued did 50 -

1) Peyton Manning
2) Johnny Unitas
3) Marvin Harrison
4) Raymond Berry
5) Gino Marchetti
6) John Mackey
7) Reggie Wayne
8) Edgerrin James
9) Dwight Freeney
10) Lenny Moore

11) Robert Mathis, DE
12) Art Donovan, OG *
13) Jim Parker, FB *
14) Jeff Saturday, OC
15) Bert Jones, QB *
16) Jim Harbaugh, QB
17) Alan Ameche, RB *
18) Adam Vinatieri, K
19) Tarik Glenn, OT
20) Gary Brackett, LB

21) Chris Hinton, OG
22) Bob Sanders, SS
23) Mike Curtis, LB-FB *
24) Bobby Vogel, OT *
25) Dallas Clark, TE
26) Ray Donaldson, OC
27) Rohn Stark, P
28) Mike Barnes, DE *
29) Gene Lipscomb, DT *
30) Bubba Smith, DE *

 

31) Bobby Boyd, DB *
32) Marshall Faulk, RB
33) Buddy Young, FB *
34) John Dutton, DT-DE *
35) Clarence Verdin, KR
36) Mike Vanderjagt, K
37) Rick Volk, DB *
38) George Konze, OT *
39) Bert Rechichar, DB, LB, RB *
40) Eric Dickerson, RB

41) Dick Szymanski, OC-LB *
42) Ted Hendricks, LB *
43) Jerry Logan, DB *
44) Willie Richardson, WR *
45) Antoine Bethea, FS
46) Fred Miller, DT *
47) Will Wolford, OT
48) Duane Bickett, LB

49) Tom Matte, RB *
50) Dominic Rhodes, RB

 

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2013/6/19/4444938/top-50-indianapolis-baltimore-colts-players-all-time

I know I cheated us haha. I just stopped at 11 because that what was on the original Post in here. Andrew Luck belongs in the Top 50 based on 3 Playoff wins, having the Rookie record for most Yards Passing, and being only 1 of 8 QB's in NFL history to throw for 40 TD's or more in a season. I don't see him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know I cheated us haha. I just stopped at 11 because that what was on the original Post in here. Andrew Luck belongs in the Top 50 based on 3 Playoff wins, having the Rookie record for most Yards Passing, and being only 1 of 8 QB's in NFL history to throw for 40 TD's or more in a season. I don't see him. 

This list was done in June of 2013, so Andrew's 2013 and 2014 seasons weren't included. Just noticed that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bayone said:

 

I had added this ON MOORE to my  original post  via edit after u responded to add to back of donovan cards the moore ones

 

Lenny moores cards say = cpmellinjg stuff,

 

58 card like he has proved to be  one of most sensational t runners to enter NFL in years, like a bolt of lighning  streaking down the field with that ball cardled in hand - had best ground gainhing average last year

 

56 card

talks about how fast he  can he hit though holes etc

 

Lets face it we all had preference, grew up with original colts thats why I have great personal memories  and am jaded  Via childhood idols & why have PSA judged set of 58 starters & some subs plus some early and later years like Arts Donovans  52 rookie, Obviously Mackey was later , every unitas yearly casrd of cpurse,

 

talk about multi positional  someone called Bert Rechchar-

have a 51 rookie size of a postage stamp( actually was college & in college uniform  but officially NFL    considered it his rookie card  even though his 52 card he is still a tenn volunteer , 

 

( back then rookie cards could come out before or even a year  after a player was on a team and playing - VERY WEIRD 

 

he was a ace pass receiver with great fake out moves,100 yard td punt return ( think was in college but could do it in later years as needed ) , was a "wingback"/ halfback ,at 1 point held NFL record for field goal made- 56 yarder think in 1953 as a colt and was considered 1 of the colts ace DB's , had 5 IT's in 57 i think it was & in 53, voted colt MVP of the Colt DB group as per his 54 card , the 53 card i dont have when he realy became a colt

 

Belive played some roles on 58 team, not sure what though but doubt started, belive he played in all 58 games but didnt start in any

 

sorrry fingers hurt stopping here

I hear you. Who you grew up with will always be special to anyone. I remember as a teenager when I 1st seen Eric Dickerson run, I thought he was the greatest player I ever saw. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This list was done in June of 2013, so Andrew's 2013 and 2014 seasons weren't included. Just noticed that.

 

We can alter it, and add Luck, change order as desired.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

We can alter it, and add Luck, change order as desired.

Yeah I will do my Top 50 with Luck in there. I will need a little time on that one LOL. I will have it by tomorrow sometime. I pretty much have my Top 20 but after that it gets real tough. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a way I may be doing a disservice trying to rank Baltimore Colts properly to the old school fans. I never seen them live is why. I can rank the Top 25 Indianapolis Colts of all-time easily because I have seen them all live since 1984. Someone like Jimmy G or Bayone may look at my list as flawed because I wasn't watching Football back in the 50's or 60's and I don't blame them. They grew up with the Lenny Moore's and Unitas' etc..

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Oh you didn't? Silly you. Yeah that's a few hours north of us while London on the other hand is.....good try though
    • Bell plays the slot quite often.  Ooops.  never mind. 
    • oh i never knew the Toronto Raptors were inside the US 
    • Being totally selfish, I would love to see the Colts in London again. The Jags have invested a lot of money in training camps etc in the London area and their owner was recently trying to purchase Wembley from the English FA, this has now been scrapped which may diminish the chance of a franchise here happening. As has been mentioned previously, it is all about money and the London games sell out every year, but that is when people are getting the chance to see different teams play one off matches, I am not convinced that having a team play here regularly would attract the same kind of crowds week in week out especially if the team was struggling for form and on a losing streak. It does happen in UK at present with a team from Toronto playing in Rugby league and 2 teams from South Africa playing in the Rugby Union league. I did notice however the outcry why the Spanish La Liga tried to play a game in USA rather than Spain. So it can work both ways, when we were flying back from our recent trip there were a few Eagles fans on the flight who were combining a holiday with watching the game. I suppose the same as we did in reverse. The difference being we could not come back over year after year (no matter how much we would love to) and I think that is where the problem would lie. So would I like to happen - Yes, can I see it happening  - Not in the short term, I think they will continue with the current Status Quo for a while yet.
    • Titans 3rd?  Against our DL.  Are they that good?  If so this game is going to be a real test for our team.  As if I wasn't concerned already. 
  • Members

    • zvich

      zvich 23

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MacDee1975

      MacDee1975 492

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Coltsfan1953

      Coltsfan1953 177

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewEra

      NewEra 2,994

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • TheMarine

      TheMarine 375

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 3,301

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SevaColt

      SevaColt 35

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hooksalot

      Hooksalot 12

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Coffeedrinker

      Coffeedrinker 5,777

      Senior Members
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • aaron11

      aaron11 1,739

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active: