TKnight24

Colts Minicamp 6/13/2018

Recommended Posts

Seems like same story, different year for Chester Rogers. Always losing important practice time. Was thinking he might finally get his chance to bust out this year, but that's hard to do when you don't practice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deeper throws with a regulation ball... starting to feel more confident by the day

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Deeper throws with a regulation ball... starting to feel more confident by the day

also throwing to moving targets and deeper routes. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stitches said:

also throwing to moving targets and deeper routes. 

:lombardi: 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They asked TY after practice if he's worried about getting enough time in with Luck before the season starts..

 

'Nah, we're good'...

 

Lol, love it..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Deeper throws with a regulation ball... starting to feel more confident by the day

 

I'm about to go find a brick wall & run through it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh geez. please dont be serious. we're already thin at LB as is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Will the '30 for 30' on Andrew Luck in 15 years be titled "The Duke" or "Sidearm"?

 

What if I told you that Luck doesn't really run out?  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

 

What if I told you that Luck doesn't really run out?  

 

Underrated post right here.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am hoping Walker is fine. It never mentions anything on what it could possibly be. Doesn't grab for the knee so thats good I guess?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I am hoping Walker is fine. It never mentions anything on what it could possibly be. Doesn't grab for the knee so thats good I guess?

 

Was carted off though...never good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Old Colt said:

Was carted off though...never good 

I agree! Hopefully just precautionary. Trying to stay positive here anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IinD said:

They asked TY after practice if he's worried about getting enough time in with Luck before the season starts..

 

'Nah, we're good'...

 

Lol, love it..

 

I expect TY and Luck to connect.  The issue is the other receivers besides Doyle.  (Dosett and Moncrief are gone, Chester Rogers had little time prior with Luck.  If Luck is under throwing program with medical/PT team supervision, I doubt he gets secret meetings the the WR group before training camp. Fortunately, he looks to be on target for full go at training camp.  But how much does he play in pre-season games to develop that QB/WR chemistry?

 

My concern is keeping our starters healthy, even without pads and hitting, injury can occur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Zak Keefer: 

 

Second-year linebacker Anthony Walker, who’s seen plenty of snaps in the last few weeks with the first unit, went down during Wednesday’s practice. He remained on the field for several minutes before being carted off. The injury isn’t expected to be serious but no details were available. Coach Frank Reich did not address the media Wednesday but is set to Thursday.

 

He also writes about the "puzzling" move of John Simon from linebacker to defensive end: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/06/13/colts-observations-more-andrew-luck-does-john-simon-have-home/690369002/

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

I expect TY and Luck to connect.  The issue is the other receivers besides Doyle.  (Dosett and Moncrief are gone, Chester Rogers had little time prior with Luck.  If Luck is under throwing program with medical/PT team supervision, I doubt he gets secret meetings the the WR group before training camp. Fortunately, he looks to be on target for full go at training camp.  But how much does he play in pre-season games to develop that QB/WR chemistry?

 

My concern is keeping our starters healthy, even without pads and hitting, injury can occur.

Yeah I'm just loving how in tune they are with each other. They've clicked since day one.

 

I definitely think it won't be as big an issue simply because Luck is so smart. He'll be great in a quick tempo offense. Remember when we did go up tempo in games we were losing in and scored we always wondered, why don't we do that more??

 

We shouldn't worry about spotty play early on. I think it may be expected. If not, it's a bonus.

 

If his arm is right, it'll all fall into place.

We were terrible prior to his draft, then he got on board and boom. He's a huge talent we're re-injecting onto the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fluke_33 said:

 

You have a great name!

Thanks! I guess it's better than being Stohn Rark or Varence Clerdin. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

From Zak Keefer: 

 

Second-year linebacker Anthony Walker, who’s seen plenty of snaps in the last few weeks with the first unit, went down during Wednesday’s practice. He remained on the field for several minutes before being carted off. The injury isn’t expected to be serious but no details were available. Coach Frank Reich did not address the media Wednesday but is set to Thursday.

 

He also writes about the "puzzling" move of John Simon from linebacker to defensive end: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/06/13/colts-observations-more-andrew-luck-does-john-simon-have-home/690369002/

 

 

Carted off but they don't think it's serious?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed that Doyel said, in his article about Luck & the coaching staff, that Haeg has been slotted in as 4th string...  Is that good (we’ve got a lot of great young talent on the OL) or bad (Haeg has regressed and is/was never that good to begin with)?  Do you guys think he’ll make the final roster and how do you guys feel if he doesn’t?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Old Colt said:

Was carted off though...never good 

I mean if i was him I'd be carted off with anything from lower body or even shoulder. Basically cramp or rolled ankle or back (not bad just a land hard on it) if i could but then again I may just be a lazy 20 year old

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I noticed that Doyel said, in his article about Luck & the coaching staff, that Haeg has been slotted in as 4th string...  Is that good (we’ve got a lot of great young talent on the OL) or bad (Haeg has regressed and is/was never that good to begin with)?  Do you guys think he’ll make the final roster and how do you guys feel if he doesn’t?

 

Hopefully Haeg is 4th string because everyone ahead of him is that much better. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I noticed that Doyel said, in his article about Luck & the coaching staff, that Haeg has been slotted in as 4th string...  Is that good (we’ve got a lot of great young talent on the OL) or bad (Haeg has regressed and is/was never that good to begin with)?  Do you guys think he’ll make the final roster and how do you guys feel if he doesn’t?

It's good.  I never thought he was that good to begin with.  If Doyel knows he's 4th string I don't see how he makes the team.  Same for Clarke.  I read somewhere where another players is listed ahead of Clarke as the backup tackle either side.   IMO this is great news for the Colts.  It shows that we might be on the road to putting together a real strong and deeper OL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, csmopar said:

Deeper throws with a regulation ball... starting to feel more confident by the day

I felt it a few weeks ago he’d be good to go. Like you I’m glad he is pain free and throwing. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Oh you didn't? Silly you. Yeah that's a few hours north of us while London on the other hand is.....good try though
    • Bell plays the slot quite often.  Ooops.  never mind. 
    • oh i never knew the Toronto Raptors were inside the US 
    • Being totally selfish, I would love to see the Colts in London again. The Jags have invested a lot of money in training camps etc in the London area and their owner was recently trying to purchase Wembley from the English FA, this has now been scrapped which may diminish the chance of a franchise here happening. As has been mentioned previously, it is all about money and the London games sell out every year, but that is when people are getting the chance to see different teams play one off matches, I am not convinced that having a team play here regularly would attract the same kind of crowds week in week out especially if the team was struggling for form and on a losing streak. It does happen in UK at present with a team from Toronto playing in Rugby league and 2 teams from South Africa playing in the Rugby Union league. I did notice however the outcry why the Spanish La Liga tried to play a game in USA rather than Spain. So it can work both ways, when we were flying back from our recent trip there were a few Eagles fans on the flight who were combining a holiday with watching the game. I suppose the same as we did in reverse. The difference being we could not come back over year after year (no matter how much we would love to) and I think that is where the problem would lie. So would I like to happen - Yes, can I see it happening  - Not in the short term, I think they will continue with the current Status Quo for a while yet.
    • Titans 3rd?  Against our DL.  Are they that good?  If so this game is going to be a real test for our team.  As if I wasn't concerned already. 
  • Members

    • zvich

      zvich 23

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MacDee1975

      MacDee1975 492

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Coltsfan1953

      Coltsfan1953 177

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewEra

      NewEra 2,994

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • TheMarine

      TheMarine 375

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 3,301

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SevaColt

      SevaColt 35

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hooksalot

      Hooksalot 12

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Coffeedrinker

      Coffeedrinker 5,777

      Senior Members
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • aaron11

      aaron11 1,739

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active: