Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Minicamp 6/13/2018

TKnight24

2 hours ago, IinD said:

They asked TY after practice if he's worried about getting enough time in with Luck before the season starts..

'Nah, we're good'...

Lol, love it..

I expect TY and Luck to connect.  The issue is the other receivers besides Doyle.  (Dosett and Moncrief are gone, Chester Rogers had little time prior with Luck.  If Luck is under throwing program with medical/PT team supervision, I doubt he gets secret meetings the the WR group before training camp. Fortunately, he looks to be on target for full go at training camp.  But how much does he play in pre-season games to develop that QB/WR chemistry?

My concern is keeping our starters healthy, even without pads and hitting, injury can occur.

From Zak Keefer: 

Second-year linebacker Anthony Walker, who’s seen plenty of snaps in the last few weeks with the first unit, went down during Wednesday’s practice. He remained on the field for several minutes before being carted off. The injury isn’t expected to be serious but no details were available. Coach Frank Reich did not address the media Wednesday but is set to Thursday.

He also writes about the "puzzling" move of John Simon from linebacker to defensive end: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/06/13/colts-observations-more-andrew-luck-does-john-simon-have-home/690369002/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I expect TY and Luck to connect.  The issue is the other receivers besides Doyle.  (Dosett and Moncrief are gone, Chester Rogers had little time prior with Luck.  If Luck is under throwing program with medical/PT team supervision, I doubt he gets secret meetings the the WR group before training camp. Fortunately, he looks to be on target for full go at training camp.  But how much does he play in pre-season games to develop that QB/WR chemistry?

My concern is keeping our starters healthy, even without pads and hitting, injury can occur.

Yeah I'm just loving how in tune they are with each other. They've clicked since day one.

I definitely think it won't be as big an issue simply because Luck is so smart. He'll be great in a quick tempo offense. Remember when we did go up tempo in games we were losing in and scored we always wondered, why don't we do that more??

We shouldn't worry about spotty play early on. I think it may be expected. If not, it's a bonus.

If his arm is right, it'll all fall into place.

We were terrible prior to his draft, then he got on board and boom. He's a huge talent we're re-injecting onto the team.

2 hours ago, BeanDiasucci said:

From Zak Keefer: 

Second-year linebacker Anthony Walker, who’s seen plenty of snaps in the last few weeks with the first unit, went down during Wednesday’s practice. He remained on the field for several minutes before being carted off. The injury isn’t expected to be serious but no details were available. Coach Frank Reich did not address the media Wednesday but is set to Thursday.

He also writes about the "puzzling" move of John Simon from linebacker to defensive end: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/06/13/colts-observations-more-andrew-luck-does-john-simon-have-home/690369002/

Carted off but they don't think it's serious?

I noticed that Doyel said, in his article about Luck & the coaching staff, that Haeg has been slotted in as 4th string...  Is that good (we’ve got a lot of great young talent on the OL) or bad (Haeg has regressed and is/was never that good to begin with)?  Do you guys think he’ll make the final roster and how do you guys feel if he doesn’t?

9 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I noticed that Doyel said, in his article about Luck & the coaching staff, that Haeg has been slotted in as 4th string...  Is that good (we’ve got a lot of great young talent on the OL) or bad (Haeg has regressed and is/was never that good to begin with)?  Do you guys think he’ll make the final roster and how do you guys feel if he doesn’t?

Hopefully Haeg is 4th string because everyone ahead of him is that much better. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

It's good.  I never thought he was that good to begin with.  If Doyel knows he's 4th string I don't see how he makes the team.  Same for Clarke.  I read somewhere where another players is listed ahead of Clarke as the backup tackle either side.   IMO this is great news for the Colts.  It shows that we might be on the road to putting together a real strong and deeper OL. 

19 hours ago, csmopar said:

Deeper throws with a regulation ball... starting to feel more confident by the day

I felt it a few weeks ago he’d be good to go. Like you I’m glad he is pain free and throwing. 

• Like 1