Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Grigson Lands a Job in Seattle

DaveA1102

21 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

And I don't know how I can explain this any more clearly.  Think of it like an assembly line work.  The assembling line work may be excellent at his job, have some good ideas on improvement and gets promoted up through the ranks to line manager and he does that very well.  Then he gets a job where, instead of making his line the best it can be he has to decide what parts are going to be ran now and every year for the next 5 years.  Some people can make that jump, some people cannot.  Grigson was good when he was finding what he was told to find.  He was not good at deciding what needed to be found.

It was perfectly clear the first time you said it.  He was Colts GM, he wasn't a scout.

Adding, deciding 'what needs to be found" also requires input from a competent coach.  A coach needs to know what attributes a player needs to have in order to be able to succeed in the role in which the coach wants to use him.  

A GM who is going to tell the scouts which attributes to look for needs input from the coach as to what attributes are best suited for his defensive and offensive schemes.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 12:00 PM, Four2itus said:

When a relationship ends for me, I don't care what the other half does or doesn't do. Not in my life anymore. 

Yeah, but I think we both know who won in the Grigson divorce. Basically, any team no longer cutting him a check. Cleveland said no Ryan we really don't want you back & that speaks volumes given their losing NFL record. Enough said.

• 2 weeks later...