Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What if Andrew Luck didn’t hurt his shoulder in 2015?

NannyMcafee

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2018/6/11/17451392/what-if-andretw-luck-didnt-hurt-his-shoulder-in-2015

“How different would the Indianapolis Colts franchise look today if Luck doesn’t injure his shoulder against the Titans? If he never misses a game in 2015, does it save Chuck Pagano’s job? If Pagano has Luck for an entire season in 2017, do the Colts get into the playoffs? If he is able to lead the offense and put points on the board, does the Colts defense look so bad statistically? If Luck doesn’t end up missing all of 2017, does Jacoby Brissett end up in Indianapolis? Does Phillip Dorsett get another season with Luck to salvage his young career? Does Donte Moncrief continue his role as a red zone maven with another year building rapport with #12? If Moncrief stays, do the Colts take wide receivers in the draft?” 

To be honest I think Andrew getting injured exposed a whole % storm of problems that were brewing under the surface. Overall I think this article was good. And I enjoyed the read in this slow offseason. 

I currently like where things seem to be with the current regime. 

• Like 1

Obviously not GOOD that Luck got hurt, but if he was fully healthy (and not just playing, like actually peak Luck), Pags might still have a job, and who knows, perhaps they make the loffs in 15 or 16 and Grigson still has his job.

Then again, if Luck never got hurt, that probably meant the Oline wasn’t utter trash and the roster not quite in the shambles it is in right now? Who knows.

Regardless. The situation we’re in right now is the situation we’re in. Hopefully the team makes the most of it.

That alternate timeline would be quite interesting...but I will take the current one because I don't think the importance of the changes to the FO and coaching staff can be understated. And I am not sure if they happen to this extent without Luck's injury.

42 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

What if the Redskins didn't bend Peyton in half like a pretzel?

Aahh don't remind me... I had a mild heart attack watching that.  Seeing Manning laying on the field, grimacing in pain, and struggling to call timeout was one of the worst plays I watched of his career.  

It's right up there with the play against Miami when Lorenzo Bromell fractured Manning's Jaw after hitting him under the chin strap. Manning left the game for one play, replaced by Mark Rypien, then returned despite his bloodied and swollen jaw. Absolutely terrible

• Like 2