Mike Tahoe

• 3 weeks later...

These guys just came to mind

Gilbert Gardner - came out of Purdue but was awful in the NFL

Kavell Conner - showed glimpses but was under valued by management

Kendyll Pope - lot of potential just never got on the field 

Keyon Whiteside - never made it on the field much

David Thornton - went on to Tennessee and had a decent career

The GM had a hell of a time trying to put together a formidable defense.  So many whiffs at the LB position.

On June 7, 2018 at 1:33 PM, Scott Pennock said:

Austin Collie

Every time, I see that WR's name I darn near cry. Jesus, he could catch almost anything & he worked his tail off. If concussions wouldn't have sidelined his NFL career, Austin would have become a Colt legend easy. 

I really liked Collie. Committed, sharp, crisp route runner, & sweet hands. 

On June 8, 2018 at 2:33 AM, MarquisJ said:

pat angerer 

I was so disappointed that he didn't pan out mostly because it was such a great last name for a LB man. That's the kind of name you wanna see Chris Berman introduce yrs later at Canton you know for the NFL HOF.

I mean the David Banner Incredible Hulk/don't make him angry jokes practically write  themselves or would have anyway. 

Not a reflection on Pat personally BTW. 

• Like 1

On June 7, 2018 at 6:10 PM, Scott Pennock said:

Vick Ballard

That's a RB I really rooted for too. His heart, drive, & resolve to win ran very deep. Plus, I felt so bad for him recovering an IR because you feel dead to the world.

You're doing everything humanly possible to get back on the field with the guys in meaningful game action & your body just doesn't wanna cooperate with your ambition & need for that locker room camaraderie & fellow brothers in arms. It just blows man. I feel horrible for the guy still today. 

On June 8, 2018 at 11:08 PM, Bshultz said:

bjorn werner

Bingo! 

I was waiting for somebody to mention his name. He had considerable praise back in his FSU college days. 

http://seminoles.com/sports/football/roster/bjoern-werner/

Ryan Grigson, our former GM, took a lot of flack for some questionable picks back in the day, but this German kid did have an impressive pedigree of awards making him at the time a decent draft selection based on his pre NFL accomplishments. 

Plus, Bjorn had the perfect name for Star Trek jokes on the team plane man. You know, Borg collective assimilation anecdotes.  Only teasing! 

On June 7, 2018 at 1:00 PM, Nesjan3 said:

Duron Carter, Adongo, Muamba. Tyler Varga all young guys who supposedly were going to light it up, Varga sadly was injury prone.

Funny, you should mention that name because, if I remember correctly, Duron is the son of HOF WR Cris Carter. I loved Cris Carter. Best catcher of the ball at it's highest point that I have ever seen in my generation. Yes, even better than Jerry Rice. Yes, I'm sober BTW just in case you are wondering. LOL! 

I kind of expected Duron to be great just like his daddy. Unfair to him. My bad. I believe Duron is playing in the CFL right now. I wish him well. 

Before anybody yells Randy Moss, remember Cris trained Randy & took his athleticism to another level & made his protege mentally tough. 

On June 8, 2018 at 8:40 PM, rock8591 said:

Polian's entire drafts 2007-2011. Full of skill players, no OL or DL, no DT to complement the DEs.

2011 with Peyton's injury was the straw the broke the camel's back.

Polian was the weak link, not Grigson; the latter tried to draft for need to overcompensate, but unfortunately it didn't work out.

Don't you think you're being unreasonable toward Bill Polian? It's not he had a blank check to do whatever he wanted from the yrs you specified. His boss Jim Irsay had to sign off on all his picks, there is a cap, & perhaps Jimmy gave Polian restrictions that tied our former GM's hands. Bill did say, he make a mistake believing Painter could hold down the fort after Manning neck needs removed him from the starting rotation. 

I find it funny that anybody would slam or tarnish a HOF GM who transformed every football city he performed front office work for. Buffalo, Carolina, INDY. Also, we were built for speed not girth in the trenches like we are transforming into now. 

5 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

T.J. GREEN!.... If he doesn't really build upon the (modest) improvement he showed last season, he will fit perfectly on a list like this. 

Nice pick CD. I do recall reading this article in the INDY Star...

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2018/05/08/colts-fast-athletic-t-j-green-hopes-finally-make-impact/590611002/

Not exactly a glowing assessment with the words: "Hallmarks include poor tackling form, a lack of instinctive play and struggles in coverage." 

Not really my place to evaluate a safety position I never played in my life. I just meant that writers at home didn't always sing his praises. That's all. 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2018 at 7:07 PM, coltsfeva said:

Emptman could have been a great player. It just stinks that he got a double whammy with two knee operations.

I’ll always remember this game:

Man I miss clarence verdin

• Thanks 1