Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mort Says Manning Gone (Merge)

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a surprise. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I know many are going to fall into a deep dark depression and this is truely a sad day for Indy fans, but the sun will rise again and we'll all move forward with a new era of Colts football.

True! I know many people will be depressed. That is life in the pro teams, rather it be MLB, NBA and the NFL and Hockey. Although I will be sad when it will be confirmed. I will still stay blue to the Colts. I am a fan of the Indianapolis Colts, not just one player. GB their fans were all mad when Farve got released. But they soon got over it. I am hoping the Colts fans will still stay true blue to the Colts. If not then don't let the door hit them on the way out. That said we should all thank Manning for all the great years and we should start looking into our future.

Got a '98 bottle of wine to open and drink on his retirement day. It may be getting opened sooner rather than later.

If this is true, sad day in Colts land.

The new era has apparently begun, lets all get on board, and hope for the best. Its going to be a crazy couple of years.

Worst decision ever made...bet on it.

How do you know this isn't on Peyton? Maybe he didn't like the idea of going through a rebuilding process. Maybe he wouldn't take less money. You don't know what the story behind this is and neither do any of us. To blame Irsay or the Colts franchise in general is closed minded and irrational.

If true and we take Irsay at his word that MP was welcomed to play this year if the price is right and Manning says it's not about the money and....... What just happened?

I bet it boils down to length of contract

hate to see him go, he is the GOAT in my opinion and he revolutionized today's pro game, Manning proved it isn't all about natural talent, it is just as cerebral as physical. But I think it is important as a fan base to support our next QB or else he won't feel welcome and he will be a bust.

I wont take the final word from a analyst either.

So ESPN is reporting a split tomorrow, in a press conference?

Yes, ESPN is reporting official announcement coming tomorrow. No tweets from Irsay yet, no other major outlet reporting or tweeting or running this on their ticker yet. Just ESPN. ESPN has now gone all 23 minutes of SC on this subject. Polian being interviewed now, says no surprise. Schefter had a pre-made piece they ran on other great QBs staying on one team or going to another to finish careers....

Watch he's going to go to a team we face next year and he's just gonna whoop our butts.

If its true...

Have you thought of the possibility that Manning considers this a winning situation for the Colts and Luck. Maybe he feels like if he stayed, he would be holding back the franchise and Luck? I doubt he's thrilled to play somewhere else but he's not going to hold it against the colts.

Im still holding out though.

...and who will you be rooting for when he is doing that?

Colts fans are Colts fans......unless they rode the PM bandwagon???? Which I can see why so many did! I do however hope the best for PM unless he plays he Colts!

If its true...

Have you thought of the possibility that Manning considers this a winning situation for the Colts and Luck. Maybe he feels like if he stayed, he would be holding back the franchise and Luck? I doubt he's thrilled to play somewhere else but he's not going to hold it against the colts.

Our last hope rests in that presser tomorrow.

Why would Irsay send this through ESPN? Why wouldn't he announce it via the website like he has all of the other major news this offseason. Going through ESPN would be a Polian move.

This is fishy, especially considering Chappel just tweeted the sides are still talking and there could be a resolution tomorrow.

anyone who boos luck is not a real colts fan. yeah manning was the colts, and he will always be remembered for what he has done for the colts but its not lucks fault that manning was released. look at it this way, manning has a chance to play for a team who has a shot at the superbowl next year, colts wouldnt have that chance even with him. this is a good move as hard as it is to take in but its time to move on get started with a younger team. remember when manning was drafted the colts had two losing seasons before making the playoffs, took him almost 10 years to win a superbowl....hopefully this time around with a potential star QB we can get 2 or 3 during his time. good luck to manning and what ever team he chooses, will miss him in the blue and white. thanks manning

If its true...

When Manning plays for the Colts, he makes them automatic contenders. Luck doesn't. He's not really holding them back. We could live without the Reggie Wayne's and the Garcon's, but it's going to be interesting to see how we do with PM.

Why would Irsay send this through ESPN? Why wouldn't he announce it via the website like he has all of the other major news this offseason. Going through ESPN would be a Polian move.

This is fishy, especially considering Chappel just tweeted the sides are still talking and there could be a resolution tomorrow.

What if Peyton were retiring? Would it then make sense?