Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nunez-Roches a Sleeper?

bleevit

This guy had 5 sacks last year, started a bunch of games and claims he's better against the run than the past. I'm hearing good things from the OTAs as well. A good solid 4-3 tackle would be great to have. CB may have found a gem. If he can also disrupt the pocket, he's going to really help.

He had 0.5 sacks last year, not 5 sacks. Hes got 1.5 for his career so far. I think he fits our scheme better but its a wait and see on him being any type of sack creator. He was used as a 3-4 DE in KC. In college he played 3 tech and different spots on the DL for the Univ. Of Missouri 4-3 one gap defense. He does play with the type of effort and energy that Eberflus and Phair look for I will say that.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, krunk said:

He had 0.5 sacks last year, not 5 sacks. Hes got 1.5 for his career so far. I think he fits our scheme better but its a wait and see on him being any type of sack creator. He was used as a 3-4 DE in KC. In college he played 3 tech and different spots on the DL for the Univ. Of Missouri 4-3 one gap defense. He does play with the type of effort and energy that Eberflus and Phair look for I will say that.

Let's not let facts spoil fans optimism.Lol 

• Like 1

“... that doesn’t appear to be a problem.

Snap after snap after snap, Nacho was getting a fantastic jump off the line. He was constantly engaging well before the other defenders, and it allowed him an instant advantage OL who often weren’t set when he reached them.

He was so fast off the line he was keeping up with Dee Ford (who was SCREAMING off the right side a few times), who is... a tad smaller.”

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/6/4/17423240/will-nacho-nunez-roches-carve-out-a-spot-on-the-colts-roster

On 6/2/2018 at 9:23 AM, krunk said:

He didn't go to the University of Missouri though...

15 hours ago, krunk said:

“... that doesn’t appear to be a problem.

Snap after snap after snap, Nacho was getting a fantastic jump off the line. He was constantly engaging well before the other defenders, and it allowed him an instant advantage OL who often weren’t set when he reached them.

He was so fast off the line he was keeping up with Dee Ford (who was SCREAMING off the right side a few times), who is... a tad smaller.”

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/6/4/17423240/will-nacho-nunez-roches-carve-out-a-spot-on-the-colts-roster

I wonder if any of that is going against Kelly and Nelly

On 6/2/2018 at 8:23 AM, krunk said:

49 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

He didn't go to the University of Missouri though...

No wonder the OP is so excited about this guy, he is looking at someone else. :)

• Like 1