Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The new colts.com is SLICK!!!/Questions and problems (merge)

Steamboat_Shaun

@Nadine  Don't know if my work pc got an update...still shows IE11 but I can now quote and post like the old days from my pc. So kudos to whomever fixed this. I took a little vacation and came back and now everything is working great! Just wanted to share that with you.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dgambill said:

@Nadine  Don't know if my work pc got an update...still shows IE11 but I can now quote and post like the old days from my pc. So kudos to whomever fixed this. I took a little vacation and came back and now everything is working great! Just wanted to share that with you.

Thanks for the update.  They're currently working on it.  You'll notice we're missing our colts.com header for the tiem being.

If you lose ability in IE 11 again, let me know

• Like 1

First of all how do I get to the desktop wallpapers now?  2nd.  Horrible minimal design.  Things that were once at your fingertips and a click away are hidden or impossible to find or you have to drill through multiple menus.  Absolutely awful.  I have an idea.  Let's send all web designers back to school.  Somewhere along the line they forgot how to make a good looking and functional web site.  The new colts.com is not functional, at least it doesn't function very well, actually it is awful at function, and the design is horrible.  1 first page just scrolls and scrolls.  Menus are so poorly designed it is unreal.  Fans menu used have a nice hover drop down and I could get to anything in a heartbeat.  This site is pure garbage.  My 10 year old could have designed a better looking more functional website.  It's horrrid.  I will stop now. 

On 7/18/2018 at 9:25 AM, Hooksalot said:

First of all how do I get to the desktop wallpapers now?  2nd.  Horrible minimal design.  Things that were once at your fingertips and a click away are hidden or impossible to find or you have to drill through multiple menus.  Absolutely awful.  I have an idea.  Let's send all web designers back to school.  Somewhere along the line they forgot how to make a good looking and functional web site.  The new colts.com is not functional, at least it doesn't function very well, actually it is awful at function, and the design is horrible.  1 first page just scrolls and scrolls.  Menus are so poorly designed it is unreal.  Fans menu used have a nice hover drop down and I could get to anything in a heartbeat.  This site is pure garbage.  My 10 year old could have designed a better looking more functional website.  It's horrrid.  I will stop now. 

You still managed to make your way in here to complain about it, so apparently that functionality is good to go.

On 7/18/2018 at 11:25 AM, Hooksalot said:

There are not any wall papers right now but there will be.

I'm sorry you are so unhappy with the site but, the scrolling thing is part of making sites work for people using mobile devices.  It's very much like what's happening across the entire web.

6 hours ago, Nadine said:

I'm sorry you are so unhappy with the site but, the scrolling thing is part of making sites work for people using mobile devices.  It's very much like what's happening across the entire web.

Just because it is happening doesn't make it a good design.  It's actually a terrible design for tablets and desktops.  

19 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

You still managed to make your way in here to complain about it, so apparently that functionality is good to go.

Why yes it is.  About the only thing functional or easy on the entire new design.  Its awful.

Why in the world would you even launch this?  Beta is not even a good word.  Half the stuff isn''t there or working.   Oh yea.  Just like Microsoft we are the testers.  Unreal.  I am done with the website.  To put a piece of you know what out like this shows total incompetence on the part of the faculty at colts.com.  You should be ashamed. 

One last thing.  There's a reason why we have Mobile versions of websites and we have desktop versions and the 2 shall not meet because when they do the desktop people always get the shaft.  And we got the shaft once again at Colts.com.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm Back!  IDK if it was a rebuild of the forums or what, but i've been gone since the beginning of last season. I've tried to log in multiple times since the offseason began to no avail.  (I log in via FB).  I have had SOO much on my mind, and have missed the comments of all you guys SOO much that I tried 1 last time...and GOT IN!  You just don't know how excited i am of this...lol.

• Like 1

The site locks up with the dreaded spinning wheel whether I am using my Mac or my PC (brand new and well equipped).  I get message "not responding due to long running script" very frustrating as I cant jump from topic to topic without a substantial waiting period if at all sometimes.  Even going from say page one to page five might shut it down.  I assume these are common, or known issues and you are still working out the bugs?

12 hours ago, BR-549 said:

The site locks up with the dreaded spinning wheel whether I am using my Mac or my PC (brand new and well equipped).  I get message "not responding due to long running script" very frustrating as I cant jump from topic to topic without a substantial waiting period if at all sometimes.  Even going from say page one to page five might shut it down.  I assume these are common, or known issues and you are still working out the bugs?

That is not happening to me.  This is all the time? What browser?

11 hours ago, Nadine said:

That is not happening to me.  This is all the time? What browser?

Yes pretty much all the time.  I first thought it was just heavy traffic, but it doesn't matter what time of day really.

My Mac has a little older version of Safari and I always used it before without issue.  If you remember I PM'd you for PW change so I could use my PC as I had forgotten my PW.  I was hoping to solve the problem then.  It is under 6 months old so whatever version of IE that came with it plus updates.  I use it for everything else without any problems.  I don't care for other browsers really especially Chrome, but I suppose I could try it.

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

Yes pretty much all the time.  I first thought it was just heavy traffic, but it doesn't matter what time of day really.

My Mac has a little older version of Safari and I always used it before without issue.  If you remember I PM'd you for PW change so I could use my PC as I had forgotten my PW.  I was hoping to solve the problem then.  It is under 6 months old so whatever version of IE that came with it plus updates.  I use it for everything else without any problems.  I don't care for other browsers really especially Chrome, but I suppose I could try it.

I think the problem is with IE.  See if FireFox or Chrome is better for you. 

The older version of Safari is also a problem.  I have the most recent Safari and it works well.

8 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I think the problem is with IE.  See if FireFox or Chrome is better for you. 

The older version of Safari is also a problem.  I have the most recent Safari and it works well.

ohhhh kay

Are you saying it will always be a problem then?  Just curious

I guess I have "Edge" is that still exporer?  Feels like it is.  Im not so savvy these days with newer OS and browsers etc

2 hours ago, BR-549 said:

ohhhh kay

Are you saying it will always be a problem then?  Just curious

I guess I have "Edge" is that still exporer?  Feels like it is.  Im not so savvy these days with newer OS and browsers etc

I don't know if it will always be a problem.  I hope not but from what I hear, people having problems are using IE

I haven't used IE in a while.  Is it called Edge now?

57 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I don't know if it will always be a problem.  I hope not but from what I hear, people having problems are using IE

I haven't used IE in a while.  Is it called Edge now?

Yes, for Devices running Windows 10 (including mobile) OS and XBox One.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Newest version of Google Chrome here.......

This forum sticks, and freezes multiple times every time I open it.  It worked at first when you changed it to the current format, and now it doesn't. 

Extremely frustrating. 

I'm so sorry! I just logged into your account with chrome and navigated around.  No freezing.  Maybe the issue is resolved for you now?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nadine said:

I'm so sorry! I just logged into your account with chrome and navigated around.  No freezing.  Maybe the issue is resolved for you now?

It was when I would click on (or try to click on) threads, but whatever you did, seems to be working today. Thanks Nadine!!! :)

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

It was when I would click on (or try to click on) threads, but whatever you did, seems to be working today. Thanks Nadine!!! :)

I've been talking to IP and it seems we've got some kind of a javascript conflict that requires NFL to create something specific for us. I've asked for NFL to look at it but, am not expecting this issue will be at the top of their priority list.

When you run into that slowness issue, try closing the window and reopening.

If that doesn't work, try closing the browser and reopening.

9 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I've been talking to IP and it seems we've got some kind of a javascript conflict that requires NFL to create something specific for us. I've asked for NFL to look at it but, am not expecting this issue will be at the top of their priority list.

When you run into that slowness issue, try closing the window and reopening.

If that doesn't work, try closing the browser and reopening.

Ok, thanks. 

I'll probably just close it out and come back later. 

On 8/8/2018 at 4:10 PM, Nadine said:

If anyone experiences the browser lock up/freezing issue please let me know

browser and version you are using

page you were on when it started

error message/screen shot also would be super helpful

THANKS!

I have had my browser lock up when I tried to change my profile pic and when I click on who reacted to a post.  This has happened on my Mac using Safari version 11.1.2 and on my phone using the latest Samsung browser.  I do not get an error message it is just a spinning thing.

708442446_ScreenShot2018-08-14at10_53_18AM.png.840e1885f4a9d73d843a00c4854f72c2.png

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2018 at 8:02 AM, ThorstenDenmark said:

problems watching any videos :(

I'm not sure why, but since the new site have launched, I havn't been able to see any videos in google chrome :(

Anyone experiencing the same issues/ problems as I?

on the forum or on colts.com?

FYI, clicking on 'who reacted to this post' or 'who's following this thread' will pretty reliably lock your browser up. For now, avoid clicking those

• Like 1

On 8/16/2018 at 3:07 PM, Nadine said:

FYI, clicking on 'who reacted to this post' or 'who's following this thread' will pretty reliably lock your browser up. For now, avoid clicking those

Thanks Nadine for confirming this problem. I seriously thought my computer was possessed or something. Good advice. Will this ever be resolved or just accept that this feature will never work smoothly again?

27 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Thanks Nadine for confirming this problem. I seriously thought my computer was possessed or something. Good advice. Will this ever be resolved or just accept that this feature will never work smoothly again?

I hope so.  Until then, just avoid those things. Same thing happens when I try to change a profile image

8 hours ago, Nadine said:

I hope so.  Until then, just avoid those things. Same thing happens when I try to change a profile image

Appreciate your feedback Nadine. I respect all the moderators & IT professionals who are always helpful & patient with Colts fans during site upgrades. Thank you. :hat:

• Like 1

For the mods --- @Nadine --- or anyoe who can help.

A new bug has cropped up.     Typically, next to the "quote" tab,  there is also an "edit" tab, so you fix or change what you've typed.     It's important for someone like me who unfortunately makes a lot of typos.

But in the last few weeks,  the "edit" function disappears.     It's literally gone.     And then,  from time to time,  it mysteriously reappears.

Don't know what to make of it,  but hoping that someone can help with this....

I try to go back and fix my mistakes.     The edit tab is one of my best friends!

Many thanks for your help with this...

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For the mods --- @Nadine --- or anyoe who can help.

A new bug has cropped up.     Typically, next to the "quote" tab,  there is also an "edit" tab, so you fix or change what you've typed.     It's important for someone like me who unfortunately makes a lot of typos.

But in the last few weeks,  the "edit" function disappears.     It's literally gone.     And then,  from time to time,  it mysteriously reappears.

Don't know what to make of it,  but hoping that someone can help with this....

I try to go back and fix my mistakes.     The edit tab is one of my best friends!

Many thanks for your help with this...

The edit link should be there for 30 minutes after you post. Are you saying that it sometimes is not there in the 30 minutes after you post?

3 hours ago, Nadine said:

The edit link should be there for 30 minutes after you post. Are you saying that it sometimes is not there in the 30 minutes after you post?

No...   I believe it’s there for roughly 30 minutes....

But after that,  it’s gone.

So this is deliberate?    It wasn’t that way before.    Can you share why they made the change?    What benefits do we gain by not being able to edit posts after 30 minutes?

Thanks.....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So this is deliberate?    It wasn’t that way before.    Can you share why they made the change?    What benefits do we gain by not being able to edit posts after 30 minutes?

Thanks.....

I agree I don't like it either. Not sure why the change is made but after 30 minutes you can't edit.

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thanks.....

It should always have been limited to 30 minutes.  The reason is, people post, then people reply to the post.  If the original post gets changed, then the conversation can make no sense

In addition, sometimes people make baiting posts, which causes people to take the bait.  If they change the original post, then moderators cannot tell what happened.

So, the idea is, that there is a window to correct typos.

I am back and I will say this.  The new website has now been up for 3 months.  3 months and this thing is still a steaming pile of dog crap.  How in the world any sane person thinks this is normal business is beyond me.  This is the worst implementation of a website I have ever seen.  I used to come here daily.  You can see I complained 6 weeks ago and still no desktops pics.  No way to maneuver fluidly.  No friendly drop downs for PC users just a mish mash of garbage and links designed to work with a tablet.  It looks like someone who knows absolutely nothing about designing a website designed it and then went crap, a ton of stuff does not work.  Let's just leave this big steaming pile on the internet and hope people don't find out we are as incompetent a development crew as there is.  And trust me when I tell you I should know.  I have only helped launch web based application for 15 years.  Crap like this would never pass muster where I am from, but then again we do not use our clients as beta testers the way the Colts do.  I will come back in 2 more months but I do not expect much.  It is clear no one on the development staff has any clue how to design and implement a website.  The sad part is you had an amazing website that actually functioned.  This one is garbage.  If it is the same pile in 2 moths I will never return to Colts.com.  ESPN, sad as it is, is a far superior website.  I guess I will get my Colts info there.  At least it actually works.