Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The new colts.com is SLICK!!!/Questions and problems (merge)

Steamboat_Shaun

35 minutes ago, Hooksalot said:

I am back and I will say this.  The new website has now been up for 3 months.  3 months and this thing is still a steaming pile of dog crap.  How in the world any sane person thinks this is normal business is beyond me.  This is the worst implementation of a website I have ever seen.  I used to come here daily.  You can see I complained 6 weeks ago and still no desktops pics.  No way to maneuver fluidly.  No friendly drop downs for PC users just a mish mash of garbage and links designed to work with a tablet.  It looks like someone who knows absolutely nothing about designing a website designed it and then went crap, a ton of stuff does not work.  Let's just leave this big steaming pile on the internet and hope people don't find out we are as incompetent a development crew as there is.  And trust me when I tell you I should know.  I have only helped launch web based application for 15 years.  Crap like this would never pass muster where I am from, but then again we do not use our clients as beta testers the way the Colts do.  I will come back in 2 more months but I do not expect much.  It is clear no one on the development staff has any clue how to design and implement a website.  The sad part is you had an amazing website that actually functioned.  This one is garbage.  If it is the same pile in 2 moths I will never return to Colts.com.  ESPN, sad as it is, is a far superior website.  I guess I will get my Colts info there.  At least it actually works.

Everything works fine for me on this Site. I just come here to Chat though and to get Colts Info, not fancy graphics. I think it's easy to chat in here and the Posts are easy to read. You can at least Edit your Posts when you make a mistake as well. Some Sites don't even have an Edit option.

-The ESPN Website is terrible, they now won't even let people comment on any of the articles, only on Game Threads now and you need Facebook to do so. Hardly nobody even comments on those now, you may get 20 or so posts on certain Game Thread's if good teams are playing and 90% of people that Post on those have low sports knowledge and the Spam on those Thread's is awful! Also I used to go to ESPN alot to follow Baseball games when I couldn't watch them, as in following the play by play of certain games. That is now very slow and not very good either. I now go to MLB.com to follow games which is 5 times better. ESPN's play by play used to be top notch and they even ruined that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2018 at 4:59 PM, BR-549 said:

The site locks up with the dreaded spinning wheel whether I am using my Mac or my PC (brand new and well equipped).  I get message "not responding due to long running script" very frustrating as I cant jump from topic to topic without a substantial waiting period if at all sometimes.  Even going from say page one to page five might shut it down.  I assume these are common, or known issues and you are still working out the bugs?

On 8/6/2018 at 5:17 AM, Nadine said:

That is not happening to me.  This is all the time? What browser?

I have this problem as well.  I use Google Chrome.  When you hover over the link of any topic so that it does the thread preview, the little load circle freezes for 5-10 seconds before it loads.  It happens usually when I want to right click and I can't get the right click drop box until the preview loads.  It's pretty annoying.  If there's a way to turn this feature off, that'd be great.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I have this problem as well.  I use Google Chrome.  When you hover over the link of any topic so that it does the thread preview, the little load circle freezes for 5-10 seconds before it loads.  It happens usually when I want to right click and I can't get the right click drop box until the preview loads.  It's pretty annoying.  If there's a way to turn this feature off, that'd be great.

thread preview is like clicking on  the 'who reacted to this', it locks the browser up

Unfortunately, the issue here is a conflict between NFL and IP and we are currently in queue with the NFL to address it.  No ETA  yet

I think though if you avoid those things, you should be ok.  Unless you are saying that clicking on the page numbers does the same thing?

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Nadine said:

thread preview is like clicking on  the 'who reacted to this', it locks the browser up

Unfortunately, the issue here is a conflict between NFL and IP and we are currently in queue with the NFL to address it.  No ETA  yet

I think though if you avoid those things, you should be ok.  Unless you are saying that clicking on the page numbers does the same thing?

I don't click on the page numbers, just the thread title.  Either way, it's enough to know that it's being addressed.  It's a small inconvenience and little else.

On 9/14/2018 at 12:42 PM, Nadine said:

On 9/14/2018 at 1:17 PM, OffensivelyPC said:

I don't click on the page numbers, just the thread title.  Either way, it's enough to know that it's being addressed.  It's a small inconvenience and little else.

I have noticed the same thing.  I have used Safari and Google Chrome, both have had this issue.

• Like 2

On 9/18/2018 at 9:35 AM, Cynjin said:

I have noticed the same thing.  I have used Safari and Google Chrome, both have had this issue.

For me, this happens when hovering over a thread. Instead of the preview window popping out and displaying the initial post, the loading icon (spinning wheel) displays (hangs). It's quite annoying. Moving my mouse over another thread then returning normally works to overcome the lag and pop out the preview window (in firefox).

At work, where I have internet explorer running the issue becomes much more annoying. The loading icon spins away and the mouse freezes in the hover position. Unable to hover over another thread and return, I'm stalled. After some period of time, a message box appears and tells me about a long running script.

I have to sneak in from the right and click on the thread before the hover feature engages to navigate the page.

This has been an issue for a very long time now.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2018 at 10:45 AM, lollygagger8 said:

All notifications are coming up double. 

Loading up threads just sits there and spins and don't open. I have to reload entire page for it to work correctly (only sometimes that works) . Google Chrome here. 

Super annoying. 

you are saying that the notification links on the upper right side of your page is showing 2 of every notification?

How are you loading threads? What are you clicking to load a thread?

If you are using the preview link, don't.  Just click on the thread itself

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

you are saying that the notification links on the upper right side of your page is showing 2 of every notification?

How are you loading threads? What are you clicking to load a thread?

If you are using the preview link, don't.  Just click on the thread itself

Yes, they were loading twice a piece. They didn't this morning, but they did multiple times. It's not consistent one way or the other. 

I've opened every thread since I've been on this forum by clicking the thread itself. 

38 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Yes, they were loading twice a piece. They didn't this morning, but they did multiple times. It's not consistent one way or the other. 

I've opened every thread since I've been on this forum by clicking the thread itself. 

After you have restarted the browser.  Make sure that when you navigate the site, you do not click on 'who reacted to this' or any thread preview.

If the browser locks up on you again, let me know what you did just prior to it locking up.

I use firefox, chrome, and safari and I cannot replicate the lock up UNLESS I click on one of those things first

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate the new forums.  Being able to even log in is fantastic.  But am i the only one whom has issue with the site needing to refresh constantly?  I get a circle-line where my cursor is all the time and the page locks up for 20-30 seconds .

i use my pc, and chrome. and my comp is a graphics workstation, so i wouldn't think it would be on my end.  (unless adblocker is the problem).

On 10/6/2018 at 12:22 PM, Lawrence Owen said:

I appreciate the new forums.  Being able to even log in is fantastic.  But am i the only one whom has issue with the site needing to refresh constantly?  I get a circle-line where my cursor is all the time and the page locks up for 20-30 seconds .

i use my pc, and chrome. and my comp is a graphics workstation, so i wouldn't think it would be on my end.  (unless adblocker is the problem).

You are not the only one.  There is an issue that we are waiting to have addressed.  However, if you avoid hovering over the 'who reacted to this' or the thread preview, you should avoid it.  Those things trip the issue.

Also, uploading a profile pic has the issue

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2018 at 12:18 PM, OffensivelyPC said:

THIS!!!! 

Fix this!!! 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

THIS!!!! 

Fix this!!! 

I know it's annoying.  I accidentally run into that even though I'm trying to avoid it because I know it locks the browser up.

All we can do right now is wait for our turn with the developers.  That's what we're doing

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Colts

I'm Mohammed AlTurki from Kuwait (5000 miles from Indy)

I'm a big fan of the Colts, me and my family, I faced an issues while I'm registering into Loyalty program, you only accept US phone numbers and zip codes , and as we an overseas fans we have to insert wrong numbers and zip codes so that we can register I hope you can fix that.

thank you 

Bleed Blue

Mohammed 

On 11/8/2018 at 11:36 AM, Mohammedtrk said:

Dear Colts

I'm Mohammed AlTurki from Kuwait (5000 miles from Indy)

I'm a big fan of the Colts, me and my family, I faced an issues while I'm registering into Loyalty program, you only accept US phone numbers and zip codes , and as we an overseas fans we have to insert wrong numbers and zip codes so that we can register I hope you can fix that.

thank you 

Bleed Blue

Mohammed 

Hi Mohammed,

You are the first Colts fan I've met from Kuwait! :hat:

Unfortunately, the loyalty program is only open to the United States.

The reason is the difference in laws between countries

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosierdome98 said:

I cant log into my account Hoosierdome93. I've always logged in using facebook, but I don't have facebook anymore. I apparently don't recall the password I used in 2012. I tried to get hold of Miss Nadine, but I cant even message her. I don't want to start over as a rookie. Ideas?

I've sent you a message

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 8:30 PM, Douzer said:

For me, this happens when hovering over a thread. Instead of the preview window popping out and displaying the initial post, the loading icon (spinning wheel) displays (hangs). It's quite annoying. Moving my mouse over another thread then returning normally works to overcome the lag and pop out the preview window (in firefox).

At work, where I have internet explorer running the issue becomes much more annoying. The loading icon spins away and the mouse freezes in the hover position. Unable to hover over another thread and return, I'm stalled. After some period of time, a message box appears and tells me about a long running script.

I have to sneak in from the right and click on the thread before the hover feature engages to navigate the page.

This has been an issue for a very long time now.

So it's a little over 2 months later and this issue remains unresolved.

I didn't note it in my original post, but when the pop out preview window is forced to display, their are 2 tabs in the window. Tab 1 is the initial post, tab 2 is the latest post. Tab 2 does not respond and display the latest post.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Douzer said:

I didn't note it in my original post, but when the pop out preview window is forced to display, their are 2 tabs in the window. Tab 1 is the initial post, tab 2 is the latest post. Tab 2 does not respond and display the latest post.

Yes, we are waiting.  Nothing I can do about it

• Sad 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/8/2018 at 8:08 AM, lollygagger8 said:

It was when I would click on (or try to click on) threads, but whatever you did, seems to be working today. Thanks Nadine!!! :)

On 8/14/2018 at 10:57 AM, Cynjin said:

I have had my browser lock up when I tried to change my profile pic and when I click on who reacted to a post.  This has happened on my Mac using Safari version 11.1.2 and on my phone using the latest Samsung browser.  I do not get an error message it is just a spinning thing.

708442446_ScreenShot2018-08-14at10_53_18AM.png.840e1885f4a9d73d843a00c4854f72c2.png

On 10/6/2018 at 12:22 PM, Lawrence Owen said:

On 11/28/2018 at 10:52 PM, Douzer said:

The hover and profile photo issues should be resolved.  Let me know if they are still not working for you

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nadine said:

The hover and profile photo issues should be resolved.  Let me know if they are still not working for you

It is resolved for me, thanks for the update.

• Like 1

• Nadine unpinned this topic