Steamboat_Shaun

The new colts.com is SLICK!!!/Questions and problems (merge)

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

We don't have any right now but we will. Stay tuned

Cool, thanks!

@Nadine  Don't know if my work pc got an update...still shows IE11 but I can now quote and post like the old days from my pc. So kudos to whomever fixed this. I took a little vacation and came back and now everything is working great! Just wanted to share that with you.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dgambill said:

@Nadine  Don't know if my work pc got an update...still shows IE11 but I can now quote and post like the old days from my pc. So kudos to whomever fixed this. I took a little vacation and came back and now everything is working great! Just wanted to share that with you.

Thanks for the update.  They're currently working on it.  You'll notice we're missing our colts.com header for the tiem being.

If you lose ability in IE 11 again, let me know

• Like 1

First of all how do I get to the desktop wallpapers now?  2nd.  Horrible minimal design.  Things that were once at your fingertips and a click away are hidden or impossible to find or you have to drill through multiple menus.  Absolutely awful.  I have an idea.  Let's send all web designers back to school.  Somewhere along the line they forgot how to make a good looking and functional web site.  The new colts.com is not functional, at least it doesn't function very well, actually it is awful at function, and the design is horrible.  1 first page just scrolls and scrolls.  Menus are so poorly designed it is unreal.  Fans menu used have a nice hover drop down and I could get to anything in a heartbeat.  This site is pure garbage.  My 10 year old could have designed a better looking more functional website.  It's horrrid.  I will stop now. 

On 7/18/2018 at 9:25 AM, Hooksalot said:

First of all how do I get to the desktop wallpapers now?  2nd.  Horrible minimal design.  Things that were once at your fingertips and a click away are hidden or impossible to find or you have to drill through multiple menus.  Absolutely awful.  I have an idea.  Let's send all web designers back to school.  Somewhere along the line they forgot how to make a good looking and functional web site.  The new colts.com is not functional, at least it doesn't function very well, actually it is awful at function, and the design is horrible.  1 first page just scrolls and scrolls.  Menus are so poorly designed it is unreal.  Fans menu used have a nice hover drop down and I could get to anything in a heartbeat.  This site is pure garbage.  My 10 year old could have designed a better looking more functional website.  It's horrrid.  I will stop now. 

You still managed to make your way in here to complain about it, so apparently that functionality is good to go.

On 7/18/2018 at 11:25 AM, Hooksalot said:

There are not any wall papers right now but there will be.

I'm sorry you are so unhappy with the site but, the scrolling thing is part of making sites work for people using mobile devices.  It's very much like what's happening across the entire web.

6 hours ago, Nadine said:

I'm sorry you are so unhappy with the site but, the scrolling thing is part of making sites work for people using mobile devices.  It's very much like what's happening across the entire web.

Just because it is happening doesn't make it a good design.  It's actually a terrible design for tablets and desktops.  

19 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

You still managed to make your way in here to complain about it, so apparently that functionality is good to go.

Why yes it is.  About the only thing functional or easy on the entire new design.  Its awful.

Why in the world would you even launch this?  Beta is not even a good word.  Half the stuff isn''t there or working.   Oh yea.  Just like Microsoft we are the testers.  Unreal.  I am done with the website.  To put a piece of you know what out like this shows total incompetence on the part of the faculty at colts.com.  You should be ashamed. 

One last thing.  There's a reason why we have Mobile versions of websites and we have desktop versions and the 2 shall not meet because when they do the desktop people always get the shaft.  And we got the shaft once again at Colts.com.

@HooksalotWhat is not working for you? I know that we have some issues with Internet Explorer.  Is that the browser you are using?

I'm Back!  IDK if it was a rebuild of the forums or what, but i've been gone since the beginning of last season. I've tried to log in multiple times since the offseason began to no avail.  (I log in via FB).  I have had SOO much on my mind, and have missed the comments of all you guys SOO much that I tried 1 last time...and GOT IN!  You just don't know how excited i am of this...lol.

• Like 1

The site locks up with the dreaded spinning wheel whether I am using my Mac or my PC (brand new and well equipped).  I get message "not responding due to long running script" very frustrating as I cant jump from topic to topic without a substantial waiting period if at all sometimes.  Even going from say page one to page five might shut it down.  I assume these are common, or known issues and you are still working out the bugs?

12 hours ago, BR-549 said:

The site locks up with the dreaded spinning wheel whether I am using my Mac or my PC (brand new and well equipped).  I get message "not responding due to long running script" very frustrating as I cant jump from topic to topic without a substantial waiting period if at all sometimes.  Even going from say page one to page five might shut it down.  I assume these are common, or known issues and you are still working out the bugs?

That is not happening to me.  This is all the time? What browser?

11 hours ago, Nadine said:

That is not happening to me.  This is all the time? What browser?

Yes pretty much all the time.  I first thought it was just heavy traffic, but it doesn't matter what time of day really.

My Mac has a little older version of Safari and I always used it before without issue.  If you remember I PM'd you for PW change so I could use my PC as I had forgotten my PW.  I was hoping to solve the problem then.  It is under 6 months old so whatever version of IE that came with it plus updates.  I use it for everything else without any problems.  I don't care for other browsers really especially Chrome, but I suppose I could try it.

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

Yes pretty much all the time.  I first thought it was just heavy traffic, but it doesn't matter what time of day really.

My Mac has a little older version of Safari and I always used it before without issue.  If you remember I PM'd you for PW change so I could use my PC as I had forgotten my PW.  I was hoping to solve the problem then.  It is under 6 months old so whatever version of IE that came with it plus updates.  I use it for everything else without any problems.  I don't care for other browsers really especially Chrome, but I suppose I could try it.

I think the problem is with IE.  See if FireFox or Chrome is better for you. 

The older version of Safari is also a problem.  I have the most recent Safari and it works well.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I think the problem is with IE.  See if FireFox or Chrome is better for you. 

The older version of Safari is also a problem.  I have the most recent Safari and it works well.

ohhhh kay

Are you saying it will always be a problem then?  Just curious

I guess I have "Edge" is that still exporer?  Feels like it is.  Im not so savvy these days with newer OS and browsers etc

2 hours ago, BR-549 said:

ohhhh kay

Are you saying it will always be a problem then?  Just curious

I guess I have "Edge" is that still exporer?  Feels like it is.  Im not so savvy these days with newer OS and browsers etc

I don't know if it will always be a problem.  I hope not but from what I hear, people having problems are using IE

I haven't used IE in a while.  Is it called Edge now?

57 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I don't know if it will always be a problem.  I hope not but from what I hear, people having problems are using IE

I haven't used IE in a while.  Is it called Edge now?

Yes, for Devices running Windows 10 (including mobile) OS and XBox One.

• Thanks 1

Newest version of Google Chrome here.......

This forum sticks, and freezes multiple times every time I open it.  It worked at first when you changed it to the current format, and now it doesn't. 

Extremely frustrating. 

I have not had any major problems on my IPad, IPhone except for a lag in the TC threads or any threads with embedded content

2 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Newest version of Google Chrome here.......

This forum sticks, and freezes multiple times every time I open it.  It worked at first when you changed it to the current format, and now it doesn't. 

Extremely frustrating. 

I'm so sorry! I just logged into your account with chrome and navigated around.  No freezing.  Maybe the issue is resolved for you now?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nadine said:

I'm so sorry! I just logged into your account with chrome and navigated around.  No freezing.  Maybe the issue is resolved for you now?

It was when I would click on (or try to click on) threads, but whatever you did, seems to be working today. Thanks Nadine!!! :)

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

It was when I would click on (or try to click on) threads, but whatever you did, seems to be working today. Thanks Nadine!!! :)

I've been talking to IP and it seems we've got some kind of a javascript conflict that requires NFL to create something specific for us. I've asked for NFL to look at it but, am not expecting this issue will be at the top of their priority list.

When you run into that slowness issue, try closing the window and reopening.

If that doesn't work, try closing the browser and reopening.

9 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I've been talking to IP and it seems we've got some kind of a javascript conflict that requires NFL to create something specific for us. I've asked for NFL to look at it but, am not expecting this issue will be at the top of their priority list.

When you run into that slowness issue, try closing the window and reopening.

If that doesn't work, try closing the browser and reopening.

Ok, thanks. 

I'll probably just close it out and come back later. 

If anyone experiences the browser lock up/freezing issue please let me know

browser and version you are using

page you were on when it started

error message/screen shot also would be super helpful

THANKS!

On 8/8/2018 at 4:10 PM, Nadine said:

If anyone experiences the browser lock up/freezing issue please let me know

browser and version you are using

page you were on when it started

error message/screen shot also would be super helpful

THANKS!

I have had my browser lock up when I tried to change my profile pic and when I click on who reacted to a post.  This has happened on my Mac using Safari version 11.1.2 and on my phone using the latest Samsung browser.  I do not get an error message it is just a spinning thing.

708442446_ScreenShot2018-08-14at10_53_18AM.png.840e1885f4a9d73d843a00c4854f72c2.png

• Thanks 1

problems watching any videos :(

I'm not sure why, but since the new site have launched, I havn't been able to see any videos in google chrome :(

Anyone experiencing the same issues/ problems as I?

On 8/15/2018 at 8:02 AM, ThorstenDenmark said:

problems watching any videos :(

I'm not sure why, but since the new site have launched, I havn't been able to see any videos in google chrome :(

Anyone experiencing the same issues/ problems as I?

on the forum or on colts.com?

FYI, clicking on 'who reacted to this post' or 'who's following this thread' will pretty reliably lock your browser up. For now, avoid clicking those