Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The new colts.com is SLICK!!!/Questions and problems (merge)

Steamboat_Shaun

As of this morning, I get two warnings.

- request a reset of your password

- make sure you have the most updated version of your browser. Chrome and Firefox work properly.

But, I'm still logged in, I can 'react' to posts, and I'm sending this, without an issue.

I use Chrome, so all should be working properly, right?

I'm ignoring the warnings.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, buccolts said:

As of this morning, I get two warnings.

- request a reset of your password

- make sure you have the most updated version of your browser. Chrome and Firefox work properly.

But, I'm still logged in, I can 'react' to posts, and I'm sending this, without an issue.

I use Chrome, so all should be working properly, right?

I'm ignoring the warnings.....

Yes you can ignore.

Some people who haven't accessed their accounts in a couple of years are having trouble logging in.  Could be forgotten password but, I wanted them to know how to address the problem

Other people aren't aware we're having browser compatibility issues don't know what to do.  I wanted them to know they should upgrade/try another browser

The bug with not being able to like posts, is that for any post anywhere on the site or just on status updates?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Yes you can ignore.

Some people who haven't accessed their accounts in a couple of years are having trouble logging in.  Could be forgotten password but, I wanted them to know how to address the problem

Other people aren't aware we're having browser compatibility issues don't know what to do.  I wanted them to know they should upgrade/try another browser

The bug with not being able to like posts, is that for any post anywhere on the site or just on status updates?

Hi Nadine,

No, I CAN react to posts. Everything works normally. That's why was confused by, and am ignoring the warnings.

Actually, I misread the 'lost access to account' warning. Thought it was personal, but appears to be global.

• Like 1

Is anyone else having trouble seeing photographs/images on the new Colts.com site?  I've tried Chrome, Chrome incognito mode, and Firefox, but cannot see any images, just little icons. If I go to Photos, I don't see anything in the galleries, just blank white sections.

1 hour ago, Barry Sears said:

Is anyone else having trouble seeing photographs/images on the new Colts.com site?  I've tried Chrome, Chrome incognito mode, and Firefox, but cannot see any images, just little icons. If I go to Photos, I don't see anything in the galleries, just blank white sections.

you don't see any photos on this page? https://www.colts.com/photos/

36 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Nope.  It may be the firewall at my office...not that I get on there while I'm supposed to be working :)

Thanks for letting me know.  I've forwarded your issue.  I know they continue to work on the site.

• Like 1

There are no issues for me using either-

Firefox Quantum 60.0.2 (64 bit)

Chrome 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have no issues on Colts.com with either of these two browsers on a Dell Inspiron, Intel 8th gen core i7, Windows 10.

Sorry folks are having issues.  Note: my web browsers are constantly being updated recently. Not sure why...

Hints that may help (Firefox)-

Clear cookies and cache

Some Internet security software (including antivirus and anti-spyware programs, firewalls, privacy programs, and others) may identify and block certain images as web bugs or may prevent images from animating.

Check and troubleshoot extensions- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-extensions-themes-to-fix-problems

Reset the browser (Firefox)  settings - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-preferences-fix-problems

HTH

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 2:09 PM, pgt_rob said:

But when viewing in Safari, it appears to be a mess.

You can say that again PGT. Safari is recommended for all MAC computers which is what I own & I'm kind of bummed out that I can't use that particular web browser to view the forum right now.

Not all the site's features run smoothly in Safari at all. I suppose I could check my updates feature, but the last time I did that, I have to remember my You Tube password & it messed up/altered recorded items on my computer. So naturally, I don't wanna get burned again. Right now, I'm using Firefox.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

You can say that again PGT. Safari is recommended for all MAC computers which is what I own & I'm kind of bummed out that I can't use that particular web browser to view the forum right now.

Not all the site's features run smoothly in Safari at all. I suppose I could check my updates feature, but the last time I did that, I have to remember my You Tube password & it messed up/altered recorded items on my computer. So naturally, I don't wanna get burned again. Right now, I'm using Firefox.

I was using IE11 and have used IE for years in here but this Site would not to allow me to Post using it around 3 weeks ago. Just out of the blue! I could Log in but couldn't Post or Log back out LOL. I then downloaded Chrome, since I done that I have had 0 problem with this Site or any Site. I would recommend everyone on here to download Chrome if they are having any problems in here. It only takes 2 or 3 minutes.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was using IE11 and have used IE for years in here but this Site would not to allow me to Post using it around 3 weeks ago. Just out of the blue! I could Log in but couldn't Post or Log back out LOL. I then downloaded Chrome, since I done that I have had 0 problem with this Site or any Site. I would recommend everyone on here to download Chrome if they are having any problems in here. It only takes 2 or 3 minutes.

Thanks for your help CBE. I appreciate it. I'll look into it. I might even contact Apple personnel later this week to confirm compatabilty usage etc. I tried downloading Chrome once & it didn't go well. Translation: It slowed everything down & I had to throw it away/dump it in the trash.

Again, I'm grateful for your assistance brother. Much obliged. :hat:

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 4:45 PM, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I might be impressed if i did'nt have to create a new password every single time i'v visited i'm in the twenties now every since i got this new computer signing in here has become a problem & its only on this site the issue exists ;

Sorry, I missed this post.  Are you using your username or email address to log in.  Just wondering if the characters in your username are the problem.  Try signing in with your email address.  If that doesn't solve the issue, let me know what browser and version you are using

On 6/27/2018 at 9:05 PM, southwest1 said:

you do have to remember your mac password for updating.

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

you do have to remember your mac password for updating.

Yes, that's what worries me too. I've used this version of Safari for so long for keeping track of 3 essential passwords that I doubt I could even remember what they are anymore. What makes it especially difficult is capitalization issues & often you only get like 4-5 chances before you get locked out & must create a whole new password altogether. Oh happy joy. Just Kidding!

Anyway, thanks for your reply Nadine. I'm still mulling over what to do next. It just bothers me that everything is compatible with PC & hardly anybody has a smooth transition for MACs or Apple computers. It drives me nuts. I go through this mess everytime the forum updates. Sigh...

On 6/27/2018 at 5:03 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

There are no issues for me using either-

Firefox Quantum 60.0.2 (64 bit)

Chrome 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I have no issues on Colts.com with either of these two browsers on a Dell Inspiron, Intel 8th gen core i7, Windows 10.

Sorry folks are having issues.  Note: my web browsers are constantly being updated recently. Not sure why...

Hints that may help (Firefox)-

Clear cookies and cache

Some Internet security software (including antivirus and anti-spyware programs, firewalls, privacy programs, and others) may identify and block certain images as web bugs or may prevent images from animating.

Check and troubleshoot extensions- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-extensions-themes-to-fix-problems

Reset the browser (Firefox)  settings - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-preferences-fix-problems

HTH

Good info here for PCs not MACs though, which validates what I said earlier. With MACs, you're on your own. The irony here is that APPLE is a better machine than IBM or Microsoft etc & yet few IT personnel are well versed on MAC updates. I always find that funny. Life goes on...Not a knock on CBFL who was giving vital assistance. I know that.

A word to the wise:

I respect all the moderators & IT staff responsible for this new launch BTW. I just moan & groan a lot when everything is just where I like it & then bam....Somebody in their infinite wisdom says let's throw a wrench in the works for giggles just because. Only Kidding!

Yeah, I know. This was probably done to improve access to the forum on cell phones. I get it even though I don't own a iPhone, I vent, make jokes, swear, & eventually accept that change is inevitable. LOL!

On 6/6/2018 at 9:09 AM, Cynjin said:

I just checked I am still using El Capitan.  I haven't upgraded to High Sierra yet.

That's probably my problem. I need to do the upgrade. First, I gotta see if I can remember all my saved passwords yet in this version. Man, I dread this...You lose all your saved passwords from the previous version. Yeah, I know you're supposed to write that stuff down, but honestly, nobody does. Bank login, Colts login, etc. etc.

On 6/6/2018 at 10:00 AM, Nadine said:

Hi, we had this conversation here: http://forums.colts.com/topic/58420-the-new-coltscom-is-slick/

My understanding is that the new colts.com only works with the 2 latest versions of any browser.

Try upgrading your browser and let me know if that does the trick

That's probably good advice. First, I need to find that Apple Care phone number in my desk drawer.

On 6/14/2018 at 12:22 PM, Rackeen305 said:

Other folks can quote me but I can't quote them?

That's how I knew something was wrong in Safari. I couldn't quote anybody.

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

Yes, that's what worries me too. I've used this version of Safari for so long for keeping track of 3 essential passwords that I doubt I could even remember what they are anymore. What makes it especially difficult is capitalization issues & often you only get like 4-5 chances before you get locked out & must create a whole new password altogether. Oh happy joy. Just Kidding!

Anyway, thanks for your reply Nadine. I'm still mulling over what to do next. It just bothers me that everything is compatible with PC & hardly anybody has a smooth transition for MACs or Apple computers. It drives me nuts. I go through this mess everytime the forum updates. Sigh...

I'm on a mac right now. I haven't had a problem with safari, firefox, or chrome but, I keep all of them updated.

There is a way to find passwords in your key chain.  At least in High Sierra there is.  I had to do that recently, I cannot remember what password I was looking for but, I googled how to do it and it worked.

36 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

A word to the wise:

I respect all the moderators & IT staff responsible for this new launch BTW. I just moan & groan a lot when everything is just where I like it & then bam....Somebody in their infinite wisdom says let's throw a wrench in the works for giggles just because. Only Kidding!

Yeah, I know. This was probably done to improve access to the forum on cell phones. I get it even though I don't own a iPhone, I vent, make jokes, swear, & eventually accept that change is inevitable. LOL!

I hear you.  With our old platform, we evolved with several versions of several browsers.  But, what we have right now is a brand new platform and it focused on the most recent versions of the browsers.  That's why older browsers now have trouble.

5 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Good info here for PCs not MACs though, which validates what I said earlier. With MACs, you're on your own. The irony here is that APPLE is a better machine than IBM or Microsoft etc & yet few IT personnel are well versed on MAC updates. I always find that funny. Life goes on...Not a knock on CBFL who was giving vital assistance. I know that.

I have an iPhone 7 (128 GB) and iPad Air2 64 GB, and they are quite connected to each other. I do have a Dell PC laptop, but iTunes and iCloud are installed and has connectivity to the phone and tablet.  But I use Chrome and Firefox for iOS on my Apple devices, not just the laptop.  I rarely use Safari for some reason. 

https://www.imore.com/chrome-iphone-ipad

Nevertheless, this might help some folks-

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-osx

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-download-and-install-firefox-mac

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/ios

I'm sure Google has support pages for iOS and OSX as well with a search.

Thanks Nadine & CBFL for your kind & helpful feedback on my behalf. I downloaded an update last night for my Safari browser which took 10-15 minutes to fix some glitches & allow me to use my preferred browser again. 

I notice a lingering problem on the forum though. Whenever I'm viewing Status Updates & say somebody likes something I commented on or posted. When I click on see who liked what you did, my cursor spins forever & I end up closing my forum page & coming back without seeing who reacted to what I said or did. And even if the info is eventually revealed, it takes an eternity to reach that point on my screen. Very frustrating. 

On 6/29/2018 at 12:35 PM, Nadine said:

Sorry, I missed this post.  Are you using your username or email address to log in.  Just wondering if the characters in your username are the problem.  Try signing in with your email address.  If that doesn't solve the issue, let me know what browser and version you are using

I use my e-mail I use google as I did with my last computer & I have a brand new HP with the newest version of windows  I still have to create a new password each time I visit I never once had any issues in the past , I enter the new password & it invalid I have online banking & many other sites I visit no problems what so ever but this site has become much harder to sign on too can someone just assign me a new password & e-mail it to me in case I'm the problem , This site is something I enjoyed for years  but recently visiting here has gotten to be a real pain in the rear .

28 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I use my e-mail I use google as I did with my last computer & I have a brand new HP with the newest version of windows  I still have to create a new password each time I visit I never once had any issues in the past , I enter the new password & it invalid I have online banking & many other sites I visit no problems what so ever but this site has become much harder to sign on too can someone just assign me a new password & e-mail it to me in case I'm the problem , This site is something I enjoyed for years  but recently visiting here has gotten to be a real pain in the rear .

Using Chrome I just use my username and password. I have been fine doing so. This Site wont let me Post using EI11 though.

21 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Hi, Sorry this is happening.  I tried resetting your password and logging in to your account but, it didn't work.  I've asked IP to take a look at what's going on

@Nadine

Hey I'm noticing that on desktop the red notification bars are floating up & to the right on the page. I tinkered around with it, and if you want to let the web team know, removing "position:fixed;" from the CSS below takes care of the issue.

.cAnnouncementsFloat {

position: fixed;

margin: 0px;

width: 100%;

top: 0px;

}

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

@Nadine

Hey I'm noticing that on desktop the red notification bars are floating up & to the right on the page. I tinkered around with it, and if you want to let the web team know, removing "position:fixed;" from the CSS below takes care of the issue.

.cAnnouncementsFloat {

position: fixed;

margin: 0px;

width: 100%;

top: 0px;

}

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Nadine said:

Hi, Sorry this is happening.  I tried resetting your password and logging in to your account but, it didn't work.  I've asked IP to take a look at what's going on

I was here maybe 10 minutes & suddenly needing to sign in again & the new password that i had just made would not work I trieded copy & paste my adonis1 exactly as is & my password as well as my e-mail & password so I just created another password & will cross my fingers hoping for good luck 

23 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

I was here maybe 10 minutes & suddenly needing to sign in again & the new password that i had just made would not work I trieded copy & paste my adonis1 exactly as is & my password as well as my e-mail & password so I just created another password & will cross my fingers hoping for good luck 

Sorry for that. IP has been working on your account and think they have it resolved.  I'm pm your password to you.  They'd like you to try to log in with it and let us know if it worked.

14 minutes ago, csmopar said:

@Nadine is there a way to change the way I see text thru my profile?  the text is a real light blue and thin font, kind of hard to read.  It's fine on my mobile, but on a desk top, its a PITA. 

The text in posts isn't light blue.  Are you using a theme with your browser?

1 hour ago, Nadine said:

The text in posts isn't light blue.  Are you using a theme with your browser?

no.  Not even sure how to do that.  Trying to attach a screenshot to show you what i mean but it's not letting me due to file size.  Hmm.

2 minutes ago, Nadine said:

This is what I see

2018-07-06_1411.png

On Chrome, the Posts are back to normal like they were before the new format came out. They are not in Bold no more. You can even see the i's as i's not l's. What is in light blue are the titles of each topic and the names who are logged in. That is tough on the eyes - it's a thin font and bright. I just dimmed my brightness on my laptop and it's all good. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

On Chrome, the Posts are back to normal like they were before the new format came out. They are not in Bold no more. You can even see the i's as i's not l's. What is in light blue are the titles of each topic and the names who are logged in. That is tough on the eyes - it's a thin font and bright. I just dimmed my brightness on my laptop and it's all good. 

This is exactly what I'm seeing. Glad to know I'm not crazy haha

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, davekenya said:

I just joined this site.  Very nice!  I can't see how I can start a new topic.  How do I do that or do I have to wait a while before that is allowed?

Welcome! :hat:

Having just joined, you're first 10 posts must be approved.  After that, you can create a thread

Details here: https://forums.colts.com/guidelines/

If you are a New Member, WELCOME! We are glad you are here. Note: as a new member,you have limited posting privileges for a brief time. New Members may post 5 replies per 24 hour period until they reach 10 posts. They may *not* create a thread. Your 24 hour posting window is tied to the time of your first post. For example, if your first post was made at 4:34 PM, then you are allowed 5 posts between 4:34 PM and 4:33 PM. Once a new member has reached 10 posts, they become part of the 'Member' group and have the same posting privs as all other members. These policies are in place to help us keep our site spam free and to encourage new members to take some time reading and responding to posts. In other words, it's a good idea to get to know the members here at least a little bit first.

We invite new members to introduce themselves in the members' introduction thread

Where did the fanzone go? I just got a new phone and wanted a clean Colts wallpaper but couldn't find them on the new site. On the old site they were located under fanzone and had both desktop and mobile wallpaper sub-links. Those wallpapers are sick and I would really like to see them make a return. Other than that, I like the new "NFL.com-like" web design. It seems a lot more streamlined and that's when niche features (like wallpapers) get left behind.

4 hours ago, EJ_ said:

Where did the fanzone go? I just got a new phone and wanted a clean Colts wallpaper but couldn't find them on the new site. On the old site they were located under fanzone and had both desktop and mobile wallpaper sub-links. Those wallpapers are sick and I would really like to see them make a return. Other than that, I like the new "NFL.com-like" web design. It seems a lot more streamlined and that's when niche features (like wallpapers) get left behind.

We don't have any right now but we will. Stay tuned