Mike Tahoe

Reggie Wayne prognosticating a Colts vs Saints Super Bowl

Recommended Posts

I know, I know, it sounds delusional. But, if Andrew luck is healthy anything can happen.  This is the same guy that took a talent starved 2-14 team to 11-5 the following season, only to lose to the eventual Super Bowl champion Ravens.  The more I think about it the AFC is not that tough and crazier things have happened.

--

Reggie Wayne

Writer | NFL.com 

+ Follow On Twitter

"What shoulder problem? Andrew Luck duels Drew Brees for a ring

If you're asking what my dream matchup is, it has to be a repeat of Super Bowl XLIV between the Saints and Colts. It'd be historic to watch Andrew Luck not only get back on the field, but lead the Coltsback to the AFC title game, a game in which they'd probably play the Patriots. Of course, they would avenge the Deflategate loss before getting a do-over against the Saints. With this type of performance, Luck could be up for league and Super Bowl MVP awards. That'd be every Colts fan's dream."

 

 

source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000934665/article/dream-super-bowl-liii-matchup-battle-of-los-angeles-packers-vs-raiders

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Anything is possible. As much as I hated the Colts losing the SB to the Saints, I’m glad it was them. 

  Saints fans were pretty hospitable when my wife and i were there.

    Drew Brees is so accurate. Wouldn’t mind that matchup 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember correctly we were in that game up until the Tracy Porter pick 6.  Drew Brees was picking our defense apart and basically completed every pass he threw.  But after the Katrina catastrophe I wasn't too devasted that we lost to the Saints. #DammitHankBaskett

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freeney going out killed the team....he was absolutely destroying them that first half.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mike Tahoe said:

I know, I know, it sounds delusional. But, if Andrew luck is healthy anything can happen.  This is the same guy that took a talent starved 2-14 team to 11-5 the following season, only to lose to the eventual Super Bowl champion Ravens.  The more I think about it the AFC is not that tough and crazier things have happened.

--

Reggie Wayne

Writer | NFL.com 

+ Follow On Twitter

"What shoulder problem? Andrew Luck duels Drew Brees for a ring

If you're asking what my dream matchup is, it has to be a repeat of Super Bowl XLIV between the Saints and Colts. It'd be historic to watch Andrew Luck not only get back on the field, but lead the Coltsback to the AFC title game, a game in which they'd probably play the Patriots. Of course, they would avenge the Deflategate loss before getting a do-over against the Saints. With this type of performance, Luck could be up for league and Super Bowl MVP awards. That'd be every Colts fan's dream."

 

 

source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000934665/article/dream-super-bowl-liii-matchup-battle-of-los-angeles-packers-vs-raiders

 

Party at my house if this happens.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Patriots vs some "bird" related team from the NFC. Falcons, Seahawks and Eagles are done, so Cardinals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

Freeney going out killed the team....he was absolutely destroying them that first half.

 

I blame The Who and their halftime show for the Super Bowl loss. The extended halftime messed with Freeney. He was a monster in the first half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

 

I blame The Who and their halftime show for the Super Bowl loss. The extended halftime messed with Freeney. He was a monster in the first half.

Next time around, we wont get fooled again.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pelt said:

Next time around, we wont get fooled again.

He should have made a Bargain. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No question this team is a lot better if Andrew is healthy and playing but good enough to make the SB.  I doubt it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, it's the off season. Something to talk about. I would love a Colts and Saints match up. Drew Brees is still at the top of his game and suffered a similar injury as Luck to his shoulder early on in his career. Can't wait to see the season unfold soon!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still salty over Colts vs Saints Superbowl.

They should not be allowed to onside kick 1st and 2nd half kickoff because it was decided by a coin toss.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

He should have made a Bargain. 

And he was just Gettin' in tune. Unfortunately, once he went out, the Song was Over. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes the sky is the limit if Luck is healthy, but at this point, thats the biggest "IF" going on with the Colts organization, especially with such a weak AFC, all the good teams are in the NFC and the big dog in the AFC (Pats), are going to fall off soon. Even Brady can't avoid getting old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still die inside watching the Hank Basket. Brutal. 

 

When the colts marched like 96 yards down field in the first half for a TD (a SB record), I thought we HAD that game.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And this time there is no slant pass to pick off and no Hank Trashket to fumble an onside, and Colts win. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

And this time there is no slant pass to pick off and no Hank Trashket to fumble an onside, and Colts win. 

And WR Pierre Garçon had a huge drop in the firs half of that Super Bowl. Peyton hit him in stride and he flat dropped a huge gain or even touchdown. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

I still die inside watching the Hank Basket. Brutal. 

 

When the colts marched like 96 yards down field in the first half for a TD (a SB record), I thought we HAD that game.

 

 

Every time I see his name :facepalm::censored::Gaah:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

Freeney going out killed the team....he was absolutely destroying them that first half.

Freeney went into that game with a bad ankle (high ankle)....the most devastating news we could have had going into the Super Bowl.  It even hurt more than hearing  "Bob Sanders is injured again" in so many of those mid 2000's games.  Freeney was a small truck that had spinning axles.  But give him credit for gutting out a few hobbled Super Bowl quarters.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Reggie needs to put the pipe down. Lol

TRUE!!! HOMER nonsense

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

 

I blame The Who and their halftime show for the Super Bowl loss. The extended halftime messed with Freeney. He was a monster in the first half.

I know you're kidding or at least I think you are MKH. The Who is a pretty good band & I figured Freeney needed a break anyway to see if anything could be done to say numb his right ankle & still go or play. 

 

Yeah, Dwight was definitely making Brees feel uncomfortable in the 1st half. No question. Part of me doesn't want a Saints SB rematch because that BoilerMaker is so darn dangerous. You can't make any mistakes with Brees around or he will crush you. A ton of respect for the Bayou Legend. He scares me more than Brady does as a competitor actually. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 29, 2018 at 7:38 PM, coltsfeva said:

  Anything is possible. As much as I hated the Colts losing the SB to the Saints, I’m glad it was them. 

  Saints fans were pretty hospitable when my wife and i were there.

    Drew Brees is so accurate. Wouldn’t mind that matchup 

I was with ya right up until your last sentence cf. His accuracy is the very reason an encore meeting between us wouldn't thrill me personally. 

 

I am totally with you on if INDY had to lose to somebody--I'm relieved it was Drew such an honorable & decent guy. He has done so much for that Jazz city & I will always revere him for choosing the Bayou after Hurricane Katrina. 

 

I'm not discounting Luck's recovery BTW. I just know with Brees you better be firing on all cylinders or it's gonna be a long night with a heartbreaking outcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Four2itus said:

He should have made a Bargain. 

As in, a Faustian Bargain or deal with the devil you mean F2? 

 

Only problem is this: Shylock will eventually come for his "pound of flesh" my friend. 

 

I get what you mean though. If Dwight would have been healthy in that SB, I like our chances man. A 2nd ring for the Blue Horseshoe. 

 

I still feel bad for Peyton Manning too. Man, he had so many late comeback touchdowns in the 2009 season. #18 was a well oiled machine that year. To quote Jerry Lee Lewis, "Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!" 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Fish said:

The Patriots vs some "bird" related team from the NFC. Falcons, Seahawks and Eagles are done, so Cardinals?

Dirty Bird Revenge on NE would be fascinating. I was so elated early on in that Falcons/Patriots game & then it was like somebody kicked in the family jewels in overtime. Sigh...

 

All of football nation except for Boston was ready to put Ryan on a thank you pedestal & then, the bottom fell out...

 

I still have no idea how Matt Ryan watched that SB loss 4 times. I couldn't do it once. You're stronger than I am Matty Ice. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will always hate the NO Saints org for that loss.

 

I'd love to beat them to get a SB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I was with ya right up until your last sentence cf. His accuracy is the very reason an encore meeting between us wouldn't thrill me personally. 

 

I am totally with you on if INDY had to lose to somebody--I'm relieved it was Drew such an honorable & decent guy. He has done so much for that Jazz city & I will always revere him for choosing the Bayou after Hurricane Katrina. 

 

I'm not discounting Luck's recovery BTW. I just know with Brees you better be firing on all cylinders or it's gonna be a long night with a heartbreaking outcome. 

  Personally, I think if the Saints had beaten the Vikings, they would have also beaten the Eagles. But we’ll never know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • If Bell was offered $14 mil for 5 years and he truly wants to get paid what he.s worth (and not just win an argument with the Steelers), he should have taken it. If his play in 2018 and 2019 equals what he has done previously, his contract would have been guaranteed for 2020.. If his 2020 play maintained his standard....LVB would have been paid for 2021...and so on.   By not taking the deal, he could be forced to accept a much smaller salary in 2019 (somewhere else) and could be unemployed an unpaid by 2021.  It sounds like the money, while important to him, isnt a s big a deal as 'trying to win the argument' (one he cant win) about the pay scale.   The NFL isn't in business to pay players as much as they can possibly pay them. That's why the league  is so successful financially.
    • I don't hate preseason. It should be shortened by one game though. 
    • Exactly,  He just isn't worth it..when you consider his replacement value. He just got offered the best contract he's ever going to get as an active player in the NFL...and he turned it down...   ...And his arguement is bogus.    You cant use other players salaries at your position to base your salary on when you are under the league pay ceiling (which the franchise tag does) and then use other positions salary scale to base your salary on when you want more.  That's like the best paid offensive tackle claiming that since he clears the way for the QB and blocks for rushers on top of it...….that he certainly should make as much as the QB who only throws passes..right?   The assistant manger at Kentucky Fried Chicken certainly should get paid more because he does all the work the workers do,  virtually is the manager in the evening, works 40% more hours  and stays till closing time while the manager goes home at 5 p.m. Sounds great. Try flying that argument past the colonel.  You can get all the leftover wings at closing time but you don't get paid the manger's money unless you are the manager.  
    • Chavez with 2 perfect relief innings...
    • Appears the tide has shifted away from Indianapolis      Ian reported back in May that the Colts were the front runners. Looks like Chiefs & Raiders have joined the race   
  • Members

    • coltsfeva

      coltsfeva 723

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • GoColtsGo5150

      GoColtsGo5150 209

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • butch433

      butch433 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • superrep1967

      superrep1967 718

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • krunk

      krunk 9,653

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SaturdayAllDay

      SaturdayAllDay 874

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • deedub75

      deedub75 1,066

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • rock8591

      rock8591 768

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Four2itus

      Four2itus 739

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PeterBowman

      PeterBowman 2,246

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active: