• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I don't hate preseason. It should be shortened by one game though. 
    • Exactly,  He just isn't worth it..when you consider his replacement value. He just got offered the best contract he's ever going to get as an active player in the NFL...and he turned it down...   ...And his arguement is bogus.    You cant use other players salaries at your position to base your salary on when you are under the league pay ceiling (which the franchise tag does) and then use other positions salary scale to base your salary on when you want more.  That's like the best paid offensive tackle claiming that since he clears the way for the QB and blocks for rushers on top of it...….that he certainly should make as much as the QB who only throws passes..right?   The assistant manger at Kentucky Fried Chicken certainly should get paid more because he does all the work the workers do,  virtually is the manager in the evening, works 40% more hours  and stays till closing time while the manager goes home at 5 p.m. Sounds great. Try flying that argument past the colonel.  You can get all the leftover wings at closing time but you don't get paid the manger's money unless you are the manager.  
    • Chavez with 2 perfect relief innings...
    • Appears the tide has shifted away from Indianapolis      Ian reported back in May that the Colts were the front runners. Looks like Chiefs & Raiders have joined the race   
    • Not disagreeing about the necessity of talent for the coaches to work with, but it's also a coach's job to put the players in the best position possible to succeed.  I saw very little, especially from the OC and the HC, that put the players in a position to succeed.  There was a thread awhile back about the Colts playcalling tendencies in the 4th qtr last season.  You tell me how doing something 100% of the time when you have a certain personnel package in puts those players in a position to succeed? The plays are doomed to fail when the defense knows what you are doing well before the ball is snapped, and it's compounded when you lack the talent that the guy lined up opposite of you has.  I put the overwhelming majority of the blame squarely at the coaches feet.
  • Members