Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne prognosticating a Colts vs Saints Super Bowl

Mike Tahoe

I know, I know, it sounds delusional. But, if Andrew luck is healthy anything can happen.  This is the same guy that took a talent starved 2-14 team to 11-5 the following season, only to lose to the eventual Super Bowl champion Ravens.  The more I think about it the AFC is not that tough and crazier things have happened.

--

Reggie Wayne

Writer | NFL.com 

+ Follow On Twitter

"What shoulder problem? Andrew Luck duels Drew Brees for a ring

If you're asking what my dream matchup is, it has to be a repeat of Super Bowl XLIV between the Saints and Colts. It'd be historic to watch Andrew Luck not only get back on the field, but lead the Coltsback to the AFC title game, a game in which they'd probably play the Patriots. Of course, they would avenge the Deflategate loss before getting a do-over against the Saints. With this type of performance, Luck could be up for league and Super Bowl MVP awards. That'd be every Colts fan's dream."

source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000934665/article/dream-super-bowl-liii-matchup-battle-of-los-angeles-packers-vs-raiders

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Anything is possible. As much as I hated the Colts losing the SB to the Saints, I’m glad it was them. 

Saints fans were pretty hospitable when my wife and i were there.

Drew Brees is so accurate. Wouldn’t mind that matchup 

• Like 1

If I remember correctly we were in that game up until the Tracy Porter pick 6.  Drew Brees was picking our defense apart and basically completed every pass he threw.  But after the Katrina catastrophe I wasn't too devasted that we lost to the Saints. #DammitHankBaskett

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mike Tahoe said:

I know, I know, it sounds delusional. But, if Andrew luck is healthy anything can happen.  This is the same guy that took a talent starved 2-14 team to 11-5 the following season, only to lose to the eventual Super Bowl champion Ravens.  The more I think about it the AFC is not that tough and crazier things have happened.

--

Reggie Wayne

Writer | NFL.com 

+ Follow On Twitter

"What shoulder problem? Andrew Luck duels Drew Brees for a ring

If you're asking what my dream matchup is, it has to be a repeat of Super Bowl XLIV between the Saints and Colts. It'd be historic to watch Andrew Luck not only get back on the field, but lead the Coltsback to the AFC title game, a game in which they'd probably play the Patriots. Of course, they would avenge the Deflategate loss before getting a do-over against the Saints. With this type of performance, Luck could be up for league and Super Bowl MVP awards. That'd be every Colts fan's dream."

source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000934665/article/dream-super-bowl-liii-matchup-battle-of-los-angeles-packers-vs-raiders

Party at my house if this happens.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I blame The Who and their halftime show for the Super Bowl loss. The extended halftime messed with Freeney. He was a monster in the first half.

Next time around, we wont get fooled again.

Hey, it's the off season. Something to talk about. I would love a Colts and Saints match up. Drew Brees is still at the top of his game and suffered a similar injury as Luck to his shoulder early on in his career. Can't wait to see the season unfold soon!

Yes the sky is the limit if Luck is healthy, but at this point, thats the biggest "IF" going on with the Colts organization, especially with such a weak AFC, all the good teams are in the NFC and the big dog in the AFC (Pats), are going to fall off soon. Even Brady can't avoid getting old.

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

And this time there is no slant pass to pick off and no Hank Trashket to fumble an onside, and Colts win. 

And WR Pierre Garçon had a huge drop in the firs half of that Super Bowl. Peyton hit him in stride and he flat dropped a huge gain or even touchdown. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

I still die inside watching the Hank Basket. Brutal. 

When the colts marched like 96 yards down field in the first half for a TD (a SB record), I thought we HAD that game.

Every time I see his name :facepalm::censored::Gaah:

22 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

Freeney going out killed the team....he was absolutely destroying them that first half.

Freeney went into that game with a bad ankle (high ankle)....the most devastating news we could have had going into the Super Bowl.  It even hurt more than hearing  "Bob Sanders is injured again" in so many of those mid 2000's games.  Freeney was a small truck that had spinning axles.  But give him credit for gutting out a few hobbled Super Bowl quarters.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I blame The Who and their halftime show for the Super Bowl loss. The extended halftime messed with Freeney. He was a monster in the first half.

I know you're kidding or at least I think you are MKH. The Who is a pretty good band & I figured Freeney needed a break anyway to see if anything could be done to say numb his right ankle & still go or play. 

Yeah, Dwight was definitely making Brees feel uncomfortable in the 1st half. No question. Part of me doesn't want a Saints SB rematch because that BoilerMaker is so darn dangerous. You can't make any mistakes with Brees around or he will crush you. A ton of respect for the Bayou Legend. He scares me more than Brady does as a competitor actually. 

On May 29, 2018 at 7:38 PM, coltsfeva said:

Anything is possible. As much as I hated the Colts losing the SB to the Saints, I’m glad it was them. 

Saints fans were pretty hospitable when my wife and i were there.

Drew Brees is so accurate. Wouldn’t mind that matchup 

I was with ya right up until your last sentence cf. His accuracy is the very reason an encore meeting between us wouldn't thrill me personally. 

I am totally with you on if INDY had to lose to somebody--I'm relieved it was Drew such an honorable & decent guy. He has done so much for that Jazz city & I will always revere him for choosing the Bayou after Hurricane Katrina. 

I'm not discounting Luck's recovery BTW. I just know with Brees you better be firing on all cylinders or it's gonna be a long night with a heartbreaking outcome. 

8 hours ago, Four2itus said:

He should have made a Bargain. 

As in, a Faustian Bargain or deal with the devil you mean F2? 

Only problem is this: Shylock will eventually come for his "pound of flesh" my friend. 

I get what you mean though. If Dwight would have been healthy in that SB, I like our chances man. A 2nd ring for the Blue Horseshoe. 

I still feel bad for Peyton Manning too. Man, he had so many late comeback touchdowns in the 2009 season. #18 was a well oiled machine that year. To quote Jerry Lee Lewis, "Goodness gracious, great balls of fire!" 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Fish said:

The Patriots vs some "bird" related team from the NFC. Falcons, Seahawks and Eagles are done, so Cardinals?

Dirty Bird Revenge on NE would be fascinating. I was so elated early on in that Falcons/Patriots game & then it was like somebody kicked in the family jewels in overtime. Sigh...

All of football nation except for Boston was ready to put Ryan on a thank you pedestal & then, the bottom fell out...

I still have no idea how Matt Ryan watched that SB loss 4 times. I couldn't do it once. You're stronger than I am Matty Ice. 

10 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I was with ya right up until your last sentence cf. His accuracy is the very reason an encore meeting between us wouldn't thrill me personally. 

I am totally with you on if INDY had to lose to somebody--I'm relieved it was Drew such an honorable & decent guy. He has done so much for that Jazz city & I will always revere him for choosing the Bayou after Hurricane Katrina. 

I'm not discounting Luck's recovery BTW. I just know with Brees you better be firing on all cylinders or it's gonna be a long night with a heartbreaking outcome. 

Personally, I think if the Saints had beaten the Vikings, they would have also beaten the Eagles. But we’ll never know.