Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My theory on luck situation.

Trace Pyott

17 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

If Andrew still can't throw a football with his bad shoulder, how in heck can he throw during the season and take the game hits?  I don't think he lasts for half of the season.

It's not that he can't.    It's that throwing a regulation football NOW is not part of the process.    That's not supposed to happen until later.    He reportedly is still rehabbing and building strength.    Walk before you run....   Luck is still walking.

• Thanks 1

Hey I heard that the doctors installed an extra ligament in his arm and he is going to be able to throw "The Duke" 171 yards standing still. 

Irsay is just a little slow organizing the pay-per-view event where Luck throws it from Lucas Oil Stadium to Kokomo, Indiana.

Just saying, I mean I read it on the internet. I believe it was the Blah-Blah-Blah Blog.

Man I can't wait for the season to begin. Getting back to reading actual columns by actual columnists reporting about what is actually happening with the team is going to make this Colts fan stop checking in on all these wild and crazy forum opinions.

I come here often to learn about the team and I usually leave ticked off because we have so many misguided "fans" who love to throw their opinions around like it's gospel.

How we ever going to be the class of the league if we constantly question the integrity of all the medical professionals and football people involved with Andrew Luck?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The time to give this topic a rest sailed a year ago.  If Andrew plays again, great, if not, he is already set for life financially so the franchise owes him nothing. If you are a true Colts fan you will support this team with or without him. It just amazing that people can get so wrapped up in this he said, they said, crap.  The Colts will be my team with, or without Andrew.

52 minutes ago, sreeb2deeni said:

Man I can't wait for the season to begin. Getting back to reading actual columns by actual columnists reporting about what is actually happening with the team is going to make this Colts fan stop checking in on all these wild and crazy forum opinions.

I come here often to learn about the team and I usually leave ticked off because we have so many misguided "fans" who love to throw their opinions around like it's gospel.

How we ever going to be the class of the league if we constantly question the integrity of all the medical professionals and football people involved with Andrew Luck?  

Nobody can question the medical professionals, because they cannot divulge any health info. (HIPAA)  Besides, they don't deal in absolutes.  And the Football folks aren't doctors, so can only go on the vague prognosis presented to them by the doctors. People are upset over the lack of info and hearing the word 'hope' every other sentence.

Everyone needs patience and see how this plays out.

• Like 3

Hmmm. HIPAA huh? I see your point there. No wonder I'm a gym teacher.

Count me in as a patient fan who believes that this rehab is totally different than the last.

I trust there is more than hope this time for Luck getting back to playing like the stud athlete he was before these crazy injuries. 

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Nobody can question the medical professionals, because they cannot divulge any health info. (HIPAA)  Besides, they don't deal in absolutes.  And the Football folks aren't doctors, so can only go on the vague prognosis presented to them by the doctors. People are upset over the lack of info and hearing the word 'hope' every other sentence.

Everyone needs patience and see how this plays out.

Nicely put

I wonder a bit if the coaches are not saying things because of who will hear

17 hours ago, ojsglove said:

The time to give this topic a rest sailed a year ago.  If Andrew plays again, great, if not, he is already set for life financially so the franchise owes him nothing. If you are a true Colts fan you will support this team with or without him. It just amazing that people can get so wrapped up in this he said, they said, crap.  The Colts will be my team with, or without Andrew.

On 5/26/2018 at 6:49 AM, WoolMagnet said:

I have no clue what you are saying.  Something about an over-run town?

Were u drinking heavily tonight by chance? 

Maybe if you understood the point of the story you wouldn’t be asking such a dumb question. I feel same way, there is something wrong, he would’ve thrown by now if all was well

5 hours ago, needanoline63 said:

Maybe if you understood the point of the story you wouldn’t be asking such a dumb question. I feel same way, there is something wrong, he would’ve thrown by now if all was well

Bunch of worry warts around here.

if so........ Mr Brissett...... come on down.

seriously tho, at this point, i waste NONE of my time anymore worrying about Luck.  I just refuse to dwell on it anymore.  Is it odd? Yea.  But i just cant believe Reich and Ballard..... (A) wouldnt bring in a "serious" starter to battle Brissett , and (B) would be acting like there isnt an "issue".  These arent used car salesmen.

who knows what will happen, but  not much longer to wait and we will know his status.  I suggest we all cross our fingers/

On 5/26/2018 at 5:23 AM, Trace Pyott said:

I'm no doctor but my theory on the luck situation is this and I'm going to try my best at 4 am to explain this so bear with me lol. I think they are going to work luck out and gain as much strength and work on his throwing motion as much as possible and just see what happens when training camp comes.

Basically it's like a town that's under siege with low supplies and they know they might get conquered but they at least are building moates and defenses as much as they can until the day comes that they are under attack. They know it might not work but they know it's their only hope and chance so they are going to do whatever they can do. My  fear is they aren't too confident in luck and they are thinking ok, he has had enough time to recover let's build him up and do what we can and he's got until training camp starts, and if all that stuff has worked then great but we will not let him throw a real football until then. I think he may be ok to throw real balls now but they are just squeezing as much prep work in there as they possibly can that way when the time comes for him to throw they have exhausted all efforts and they will know one way or another definitely if he will play again. 

Sorry again if this is a jumbled mess. I'm sleepy but can't sleep and figured I would write what I think is happening. I may be wrong and mostly likely am but it's just what my gut says.  Do you guys feel that this what they are doing with him? 

Have any of you ever of a time when up with which we will put not much such?

On 5/26/2018 at 9:05 AM, Smonroe said:

Why do we need a ‘theory’?  We have facts.  

Luck is strengthening his arm/shoulder/body while reinforcing correct throwing motions.

The timetable is fluid and the steps are on a need to know basis.  

Am I missing something?

Those facts are not really building confidence that he will be able to perform this season.   Hopefully he will be able to, but after this long, you cannot blame people for having an uneasy feeling.  

Just so you know, Luck can absolutely 100% throw a football right now if he wanted. Just because he's not, doesn't mean he can't.

I believe he's 100% and there's no need to force anything you don't need too. He will be throwing at TC in July. He's been playing QB his entire life, and he looks to be in tremendous shape, which is something he couldn't do unless his shoulder was 100%

If he has any setbacks at all, we have Brissett as a backup. I'm ready to get this train rolling with #12 back under center week 1.

17 hours ago, Savage said:

Just so you know, Luck can absolutely 100% throw a football right now if he wanted. Just because he's not, doesn't mean he can't.

I believe he's 100% and there's no need to force anything you don't need too. He will be throwing at TC in July. He's been playing QB his entire life, and he looks to be in tremendous shape, which is something he couldn't do unless his shoulder was 100%

If he has any setbacks at all, we have Brissett as a backup. I'm ready to get this train rolling with #12 back under center week 1.

You are 100% sure?   But just in case, we have Brissett?   That doesn't sound 100%.     Looking in great shape is a big optimistic sign, but we cannot see through the flesh.   

We are all hoping for the best, but we are still waiting to see.   

If I was a betting man, I would bet that he will be back without any issues.   But I wouldn't bet my house.

On May 26, 2018 at 6:38 PM, pacolts56 said:

Yep.... the pressers, articles and “insider” pundit reports are played out. I’ll believe it when I see it with my own two eyes.

0A9402D3-FBD2-4679-AB69-50148DDECC63.gif

Very Adams Family/Vincent Price eske I can't stop watching this. Amazing find there PAC56! :thmup:

If I  get pulled over by the police down the road, can I please have that guy as my designated driver? License & registration you say...here ya go officer. 

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2018 at 3:28 PM, Myles said:

You are 100% sure?   But just in case, we have Brissett?   That doesn't sound 100%.     Looking in great shape is a big optimistic sign, but we cannot see through the flesh.   

We are all hoping for the best, but we are still waiting to see.   

If I was a betting man, I would bet that he will be back without any issues.   But I wouldn't bet my house.

If I was a betting man, I would bet that he comes back and plays a few games and takes a hit on that shoulder and retires.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, CanuckColt said:

If I was a betting man, I would bet that he comes back and plays a few games and takes a hit on that shoulder and retires.

Not to say you're wrong, but that is really gloomy.  My concern (besides when he really is able to throw in practice every day and complete all drills without complications) is when he can't find an open receiver and has to pull it back in and cross the line of scrimmage out in the open field...

And Luck needs reps with his receivers (especially those not named T.Y.) and get timing down/back.  If he is missing time in training camp, things get murky.  I'll give two examples where missing time in training camp caused a poor start to their seasons-

Peyton Manning 2008.  Bursa sac/knee surgeries caused him to miss training camp and pre-season.  Colts limped to a 3 - 4 record before Manning had his timing back and then willed the Colts to 9 straight victories and a wildcard berth at 12 - 4.

Joe Flacco 2017. John Harbaugh announced that Flacco would likely miss a week or two with a back injury but that week slowly turned into two weeks, which turned into four weeks, which turned into questions about whether or not Flacco would even be ready to play for the Ravens' regular season opener against the Bengals. They too, limped to a 3 - 4 record.  Then Ravens then scored an average of 26.4 offensive (not including Defense) points per game after that and went 6 - 3 to finish 9-7. (did not get in playoffs / tiebreakers)

Missing or having minimal participation in training camp is very hard on a QB, even a HOF one.  I hope Andrew is right in his previous statement he wanted to go into training camp without a governor on.

Well, this is really going to sound gloomy.  I’ve predicted on day one Luck would never play again on this forum.  Hopefully i’m Wrong, but absolutely nothing leads me to believe Luck will play at the same level he had, if at all.

hope i’m wrong, but we’ll know in a month or two.

6 hours ago, sfergson727 said:

Well, this is really going to sound gloomy.  I’ve predicted on day one Luck would never play again on this forum.  Hopefully i’m Wrong, but absolutely nothing leads me to believe Luck will play at the same level he had, if at all.

Oh, he is probably going to play again until the next good hit sends him into retirement. Just think...every game this year we fans will not be thinking of what a big game Andrew can have, but whether he will survive the game....just nuts!

And if he still plays the same way, holding the ball wayyyyyy too long, the end will be sooner than later....but at least we will all have closure.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sfergson727 said:

Well, that is gloomy.   I saw a study that says 6 out of 10 return to their previous level of play without pain from shoulder labrum surgery.  1 in 4 return, but with pain. About 17% never return., so odds aren't on your side, but they are there.

8 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Well, that is gloomy.   I saw a study that says 6 out of 10 return to their previous level of play without pain from shoulder labrum surgery.  1 in 4 return, but with pain. About 17% never return., so odds aren't on your side, but they are there.

Agree, it is gloomy.  Absolutely nothing has gone right in Luck's recovery.  Looking back over all the information we've been given since the injury, it has all been misleading or grossly wrong.  I have zero confidence at this point that we are being told the truth.  

Therefore, based on my own observations, what I know from talking to physicians about this type of injury, I believe we are looking at the 17%.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2018/06/07/gregg-doyel-indianapolis-colts-keep-saying-weird-things-andrew-luck-injury/680399002/

Didn't see this anywhere. I know most everyone here bangs on Doyel and some of it's probably deserved, but I'm more or less inclined to see this issue the way he does.

I'm more hopeful than he is, but there's really no reason to give the Colts brass (or Luck) anything more than the "we'll see" treatment at this point. 

On 6/8/2018 at 9:50 PM, sfergson727 said:

Plenty of other threads out there.  You don't like this one?  Don't read it.  The choice is yours.

It was my choice to make a comment.

Don't like it? Don't reply.

The choice is yours.

It amazes me how so many people who have never met Andrew Luck know so much about his health rather it be positive or negative.

ive accepted I have no control over the situation so I listen to what the Colts say and hope it’s true because it’s what I want to be true.  If it ends up being wrong and the media that is going yeah but is right so be it.  My life will go on just fine although I’ll be sad for Luck and the Colts.

All we can do is wait and see and hope for the best.  

• Like 1