Jared Cisneros

Chargers Hunter Henry tears ACL in first day of OTA's

Here's the link: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hunter-henry-tears-acl-during-chargers-otas-likely-ending-his-2018-season/

Definitely the biggest injury so far. Unfortunate, but we can only hope it doesn't happen to our guys.

Question though: If you were Ballard, would you offer Swoope to the Chargers for a 5th round pick and see if they bite now? Their starter at TE is now Virgil Green.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Here's the link: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hunter-henry-tears-acl-during-chargers-otas-likely-ending-his-2018-season/

Definitely the biggest injury so far. Unfortunate, but we can only hope it doesn't happen to our guys.

Question though: If you were Ballard, would you offer Swoope to the Chargers for a 5th round pick and see if they bite now? Their starter at TE is now Virgil Green.

I doubt they would bite on that.  

Also as pointed out, they could also try and get Gates to come back for one more season.

5 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I doubt they would bite on that.  

Also as pointed out, they could also try and get Gates to come back for one more season.

I'd be surprised if Gates came back. If he did, he'd be a shell of himself and it'd be for sentimental reasons more than anything. I'm giving the Chargers the benefit of the doubt for now that they aren't that dumb.

They could bite on that, I think it's about all we could offer, but I'd love if Ballard took a shot like that to add another draft pick for 2019.

Wonder if they try Fleener if his head is on straight yet?

4 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

It looks like the Chargers might be open to bringing Antonio Gates back.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23575900/hunter-henry-la-chargers-suffers-season-ending-torn-acl

Sad....its that time of year for this stuff....but yes I would expect Gates back. I wouldn't blame them for being interested in a young guy though...that's an old TE group.

Julius Thomas is still available. He might get a look, IMO.

Ouch.. I really thought he’d emerge as top tier TE this season. 

Gates back to cheat Father Time for another season it is.

On 5/23/2018 at 5:01 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

On 5/23/2018 at 1:08 PM, dgambill said:

Sad....its that time of year for this stuff....but yes I would expect Gates back. I wouldn't blame them for being interested in a young guy though...that's an old TE group.

On 5/25/2018 at 6:22 AM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

And it begins..

ACL injuries, unfortunately, yes.  From monitoring previous years, I expect up to 20-25 more of these in the league by the end of training camp.  Certainly distressing, but likely a fairly accurate projection .I hope none of our top 53 suffer one.

BTW - people here often complain about the number of Colts injuries, but it seems to me the Chargers get bit even harder most years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

54 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

ACL injuries, unfortunately, yes.  From monitoring previous years, I expect up to 20-25 more of these in the league by the end of training camp.  Certainly distressing, but likely a fairly accurate projection .I hope none of our top 53 suffer one.

BTW - people here often complain about the number of Colts injuries, but it seems to me the Chargers get bit even harder most years.

I read it was around 30 ACL tears before the season starts on average. So about 1 per team on average. That won't be perfectly even though, so the Chargers theoretically could get a couple more ACL tears as well, or another team could easily get multiple ACL injuries as well. It's a bad luck injury as most are non contact. Just have to hope for the best.

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I read it was around 30 ACL tears before the season starts on average. So about 1 per team on average. That won't be perfectly even though, so the Chargers theoretically could get a couple more ACL tears as well, or another team could easily get multiple ACL injuries as well. It's a bad luck injury as most are non contact. Just have to hope for the best.

I went and looked it up, here you go -

We've only reached 30 one time recently, 2013.  Interesting numbers... pre season vs. the regular season, yet about 50% of the ACL injuries.  Larger rosters, less games.... similar numbers.

• Like 1