Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why kneeling misses the mark

coltsfeva

I was trying to find what Ben Schipero was quoting when he stated that black males are 2,000 times more likely to be killed by another black male than a police officer. 

Instead, I found a story from The NY Times echoing the same thought:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/amp/

If an officer kills someone unecessarity, they should face justice. Murder is murder. But this needs to be dealt with on an individual basis. 

I find it ironic that Pro Athletes in sports ( which is made up of mostly African Americans) are protesting social inequality by disrespecting the flag. To me, it makes no sense. Would they protest a far greater issue (black on black crime) by the same method?

I’m all for Justice and people being treated fairly. I agree with those who say disrespecting the flag, is not the way to facilitate change.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I was trying to find what Ben Schipero was quoting when he stated that black males are 2,000 times more likely to be killed by another black male than a police officer. 

Instead, I found a story from The NY Times echoing the same thought:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that-kneeling-ignores-the-real-cause-of-soaring-black-homicides/amp/

If an officer kills someone unecessarity, they should face justice. Murder is murder. But this needs to be dealt with on an individual basis. 

I find it ironic that Pro Athletes in sports ( which is made up of mostly African Americans) are protesting social inequality by disrespecting the flag. To me, it makes no sense. Would they protest a far greater issue (black on black crime) by the same method?

I’m all for Justice and people being treated fairly. I agree with those who say disrespecting the flag, is not the way to facilitate change.

Because black people who murder people go to prison for murder.  Cops who murder black people often don't.  They either get found not guilty or when they do get found guilty it's for a lesser crime then murder.

Also kneeling is not disrespect.  I kneel before God.  Is my kneeling before God a show of contempt?  

The problem I have honestly with most people who are the most upset about this is that there is literally no protest that could be carried out that meets with their approval.  Because in their heart it's not a issue that they are really all that concerned about dealing with. 

Also this kind of happened in the 60's during the national anthem in front of the entire world.  It was a big moment, of course white people then didn't like them disrespecting the flag either.  

220px-John_Carlos%2C_Tommie_Smith%2C_Pet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Olympics_Black_Power_salute

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1