stitches

[John Owning] Colts DE Jabaal Sheard is the player who kicks the most butt but fans know the least

With some consistent pressure from the opposite side, Sheard could really break out this year. He was doing it by himself most of the time.

• Like 1

The unfortunate reality is that too many believe that every player on a bad team is bad and every player on a good team is good.  Too little credit goes to the warriors on a bottom five team.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

With some consistent pressure from the opposite side, Sheard could really break out this year. He was doing it by himself most of the time.

You reminded me of a play in the Pittsburgh game where Sheard gets triple teamed, because there's no threat from the other edge (2:50 mark in the video highlights).

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017111203/2017/REG10/steelers@colts#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000875859&tab=videos

I'm glad Sheard is getting some cred here. He played very well last year and might just flourish in the new 4-3. Certainly a key member of the D this year. 

4 hours ago, That Guy said:

The unfortunate reality is that too many believe that every player on a bad team is bad and every player on a good team is good.  Too little credit goes to the warriors on a bottom five team.

Expanding on this very good thought.....

Too many also believe that every coach on a bad team is a bad coach.

There was considerable astonishment when most of our assistants were quickly scooped up.      What?    Other teams thought we had good assistants?     How is that even possible?     That was the theme here in January and February when that happened.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Expanding on this very good thought.....

Too many also believe that every coach on a bad team is a bad coach.

There was considerable astonishment when most of our assistants were quickly scooped up.      What?    Other teams thought we had good assistants?     How is that even possible?     That was the theme here in January and February when that happened.

There was some poor coaching by some members of the  staff. But this also reveals that the talent level was not good, and the head coach stunk. You can't overcome that combination no matter how good an Asst. Coach you may be, and I suspect most of them got a pass because of it. 

6 minutes ago, Hoose said:

There was some poor coaching by some members of the  staff. But this also reveals that the talent level was not good, and the head coach stunk. You can't overcome that combination no matter how good an Asst. Coach you may be, and I suspect most of them got a pass because of it. 

:deadhorse:

He was good in the 3-4 and is supposed to be better in the 4-3. it seems like we got him some help in the draft, so the arrow is up! 

• Like 2