stitches

[John Owning] Colts DE Jabaal Sheard is the player who kicks the most butt but fans know the least

Recommended Posts

With some consistent pressure from the opposite side, Sheard could really break out this year. He was doing it by himself most of the time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The unfortunate reality is that too many believe that every player on a bad team is bad and every player on a good team is good.  Too little credit goes to the warriors on a bottom five team.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

With some consistent pressure from the opposite side, Sheard could really break out this year. He was doing it by himself most of the time.

You reminded me of a play in the Pittsburgh game where Sheard gets triple teamed, because there's no threat from the other edge (2:50 mark in the video highlights).

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017111203/2017/REG10/steelers@colts#menu=gameinfo|contentId%3A0ap3000000875859&tab=videos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad Sheard is getting some cred here. He played very well last year and might just flourish in the new 4-3. Certainly a key member of the D this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, That Guy said:

The unfortunate reality is that too many believe that every player on a bad team is bad and every player on a good team is good.  Too little credit goes to the warriors on a bottom five team.

 

Expanding on this very good thought.....

 

Too many also believe that every coach on a bad team is a bad coach.

 

There was considerable astonishment when most of our assistants were quickly scooped up.      What?    Other teams thought we had good assistants?     How is that even possible?     That was the theme here in January and February when that happened.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Expanding on this very good thought.....

 

Too many also believe that every coach on a bad team is a bad coach.

 

There was considerable astonishment when most of our assistants were quickly scooped up.      What?    Other teams thought we had good assistants?     How is that even possible?     That was the theme here in January and February when that happened.

 

There was some poor coaching by some members of the  staff. But this also reveals that the talent level was not good, and the head coach stunk. You can't overcome that combination no matter how good an Asst. Coach you may be, and I suspect most of them got a pass because of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hoose said:

There was some poor coaching by some members of the  staff. But this also reveals that the talent level was not good, and the head coach stunk. You can't overcome that combination no matter how good an Asst. Coach you may be, and I suspect most of them got a pass because of it. 

:deadhorse:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was good in the 3-4 and is supposed to be better in the 4-3. it seems like we got him some help in the draft, so the arrow is up! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I know, if I remember right you were saying we look like an 8-8 team a while back that was after the Draft and Free Agency (with Luck). 8-8 compared to 4-12 is much better. I am sure there will be 2 or 3 games that can turn ugly on us. Like at Philly and at NE. I want to see how we play the Jags with Luck back, that will be real interesting.
    • There’s no part of me that thinks we will be bad.    Seriously.    But I think there’s a better than 50/50 chance that we might get schooled once or twice  this season.      New inexperienced coaching staff (which I like at this point) plus young inexperienced players is a recipe for a few games getting out of hand.   We might get spanked once or twice.   But I hope we all feel good by the end of the season.    
    • Yeah making the Playoffs at 9-7 is a 50/50 thing. Some teams do, some teams don't. Usually 10-6 gets you in but that doesn't always either. 8-8 is very fair on your part as you at least don't think we will be Bad.
    • I would probably say as of now, this fits each category for someone's prediction:   6-10 = People think we will suck again. Luck may even get injured again or be rusty most of the season. Our Defense will be Bad again. Reich won't do a Good job, etc..   7-9 = People thinking we are still Bad and wont win the close games but will show improvement.    8-8 = Reasonable and a safe way of thinking, it is probable this happens.   9-7 = Reasonable but just being more optimistic and thinking Luck will play all 16 games and be 100% + the Defense and O.Line will be better. The new system under Reich will benefit the team.   10-6 = A Stretch, alot of things will have to go our way like I mentioned in the 9-7 category. We need more breaks to win 10 though, not as many to go 9-7.   11-5 = A huge stretch and everything right has to go our way.
    • I was talking about the 2012 team which you were noting had very little talent.   And I agreed.    But they made the playoffs because those vets who weren't very good played hard and made fewer mistakes.   That's how a less talented team made the post-season.  
  • Members

    • zibby43

      zibby43 685

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfan77

      coltsfan77 95

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • TonyBungee

      TonyBungee 122

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • dgierhart

      dgierhart 2

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MightyLucks

      MightyLucks 523

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 16,074

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Savage

      Savage 2,994

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NorthernBlue

      NorthernBlue 2,231

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active: