Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oline lineup

CR91

Caught a glimpse of the starting oline and no surprise nelson next to AC, but what looks confusing is the second team oline. it seems mewhort is the second team LG with Smith as the second team RG with either Haeg or Slauson at center. I couldn't find a picture of the right side unfortunately 

image.png.92b040b3992233cbb34344902d5f2b27.png

image.png.bf51b218fdb9e77499b7e051a254d883.png

• Like 1

I'm assuming with the type of crowd we now have at Oline he's making himself more useful.  If he can offer even more position versatility then when it comes down to the cuts they will have even more reason to keep him on the squad versus somebody else like Good or Clark.

11 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

:)

I heard that was Turay, he spent his entire signing bonus at Golden Corral.

He is a big boy.  And it's not a good type of big.

He looks short too, not a good combination. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Mewhort doesn't play RT. Most likely it will be howard

Yea I am hoping for AC, Nelson, Kelly, Smith, Howard.  That would be a quality line.  I can see Smith working his way in.  He is very solid imo.

16 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I still think the Denzelle The Dancing Bear Good will be the starting RT this year.

Good has primary played G. I don't recall him playing T recently

4 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Haeg played RT when Good was injured and Clark played RG.  When Good played haeg slid inside to RG.

Haeg was a better RT than he was RG but he struggled at both positions.

hm strange. how did good look?

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

hm strange. how did good look?

Good enough.

See what I did there?

He look good, not great.  He has very nimble feet and a huge wingspan that made it tough for defenders to get around him.  Strength is not his game but he's strong enough to handle most OLBs and DEs.

He struggled when a defender has a good outside/inside move especially if the defender can do that move with power.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Good enough.

See what I did there?

He look good, not great.  He has very nimble feet and a huge wingspan that made it tough for defenders to get around him.  Strength is not his game but he's strong enough to handle most OLBs and DEs.

He struggled when a defender has a good outside/inside move especially if the defender can do that move with power.

Good enough to beat howard?

Right back at you haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Haeg played RT when Good was injured and Clark played RG.  When Good played haeg slid inside to RG.

Haeg was a better RT than he was RG but he struggled at both positions.

I remember last year when Haeg played RG, and La'raven Clark played RT, they played pretty well together, Even handling dline stunts/Twist from the Vikings (If i remember correctly). 

Good was a solid RT last year before injury. When he went down the right side of our line got much worse. If he's 100% going into training camp i could easily see him winning the spot. Regardless, we should have strong competition on the right side this yr between Good, Howard & Clark/Haag.

12 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I feel like Clark will be the odd man out at OT. Hoping that Good, Haeg, and Howard all provide great competition at RT and may the best man win. 

Is that a Luck MADDEN avatar? Might wanna take that down if you know what i mean lol. Or it might have the opposite affect? (Kanye Shrug)