Sign in to follow this  
TKnight24

May 16th, 2018: Day 500

Recommended Posts

 

This is a false statement. And it all now makes sense why fans of other teams are mostly clueless about Andrew Luck 

 

October 12th, 2017. Here’s Andrew Luck throwing a football before they IR’d him last season 

 

 

:coltshelmet:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't let it bother me Brother....as a person who had MANY HAPPY YEARS prior to the "Internet", "1984" plays out daily... please rise above it and its deceit....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What can you do. let them stay blind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone else is clueless because we don't do a good job of controlling our own message.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Everyone else is clueless because we don't do a good job of controlling our own message.

 

eh, I'd place more blame on Irsay/Grigson/Pagano for that.

 

Ballard has pretty much been on damage control since he got the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

 

This is a false statement. And it all now makes sense why fans of other teams are mostly clueless about Andrew Luck 

 

October 12th, 2017. Here’s Andrew Luck throwing a football before they IR’d him last season 

 

 

:coltshelmet:

 

I'm going to guess and say that the video is missing some context.  They are probably talking about the last time Luck threw in an actual game.  Simms is right though, there is more than likely going to be a fair amount of rust that Luck will have to work through.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd think a web based company would know about this vast database of shared knowledge and facts called the internet in which they can perform research.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Everyone else is clueless because we don't do a good job of controlling our own message.

 

I understand the importance of the team controlling their message. They’re making themselves look bad.

 

But honestly, as a fan who follows the team deeply, I could care less how they control the message regarding his shoulder. What the rest of the league thinks isn’t gonna make Andrew Luck’s shoulder heal any slower.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get that this is wrong and misleading, but I get the narrative. Luck hasn't thrown in a game scenario in almost 500 days. Not to mention in the very tweet where Luck is throwing we have the "sources say team expecting return next week" statement, which obviously didn't come true, regardless of what we thought at the time.

I don't think anybody has looked good in this situation. And nobody, or at least barely anybody, outside of our fanbase is going to believe Luck is okay until he comes back and plays a full season without issue. And rightfully so IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had been referencing that video every time someone says how long they think it has been since he had picked up a football. Sports like everything is mostly mental. If his shoulder is good I personally am optimistic. Currently it's trendy to say he is done or be pessimistic..... and you know how this country and media can follow a trend right off the cliff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winning games will control the only message that's relevant to the Colts. If a team is dumb enough to alter it's preparations for the Colts based on media rumors, so be it. Advantage Colts.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May 16th, 2018: Day 500

 

 

Sept 9th, 2018. Day this crap gets dispelled

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cynjin said:

 

I'm going to guess and say that the video is missing some context.  They are probably talking about the last time Luck threw in an actual game.  Simms is right though, there is more than likely going to be a fair amount of rust that Luck will have to work through.

 

I listened to the entire segment. They clearly hadn't done any research and sounded like dummies. Their genuine insistence was that Luck hasn't thrown a football or done anything remotely similar to throwing a football since January 2017.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I get that this is technically wrong and misleading, but I get it. Luck hasn't thrown in a game scenario in almost 500 days. Not to mention in the very tweet where Luck is throwing we have the "sources say team expecting return next week" statement, which obviously didn't come true, regardless of what we thought at the time.

I don't think anybody has looked good in this situation. And nobody, or at least barely anybody, outside of our fanbase is going to believe Luck is okay until he comes back and plays a full season without issue. And rightfully so IMO.

I don't think there is any way for anybody to look good in this situation and it's not because of anything Ballard or any other decisionmaker has done or said really(maybe except for Irsay's initial optimistic comments, but come on - this is not even that unusual - everybody is usually optimistic after a supposedly successful surgery). When your QB misses a full season after being expected to be back for the start of it and half the way through the next off-season he's still not thrown a football, you cannot look good. There is no way in hell anybody can make this look good. Someone above said we have done poor job controlling the message. There's no way to have good control over the message over this prolonged period of time. I see no reasonable path to controlling the message to the point where there would be no swirling doubts and speculations about Luck's health in this situation. 

 

And IMO noone is to blame really. It's just a crappy situation. Sometimes just bad things happen in the most inopportune moments and out of your control(the Luck setback in October). You take your lumps and power through and hopefully Luck doesn't suffer any more setbacks because if he does, then... then... the % is really going to hit the fan in the media. 

 

The last thing the Colts should be concerned with right now is how this looks mid-May. In the broad scheme of things looking good right now, in this moment, doesn't matter. Let the talking heads talk. What matters is whether Luck is throwing on Sept 9th and 16th and 23d, etc..

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, stitches said:

I don't think there is any way for anybody to look good in this situation and it's not because of anything Ballard or any other decisionmaker has done or said really(maybe except for Irsay's initial optimistic comments, but come on - this is not even that unusual - everybody is usually optimistic after a supposedly successful surgery). When your QB misses a full season after being expected to be back for the start of it and half the way through the next off-season he's still not thrown a football, you cannot look good. There is no way in hell anybody can make this look good. Someone above said we have done poor job controlling the message. There's no way to have good control over the message over this prolonged period of time. I see no reasonable path to controlling the message to the point where there would be no swirling doubts and speculations about Luck's health in this situation. 

 

And IMO noone is to blame really. It's just a crappy situation. Sometimes just bad things happen in the most inopportune moments and out of your control(the Luck setback in October). You take your lumps and power through and hopefully Luck doesn't suffer any more setbacks because if he does, then... then... the % is really going to hit the fan in the media. 

 

The last thing the Colts should be concerned with right now is how this looks mid-May.

 

Yeah there’s a reason I didn’t use the word blame. I’m not at odds with anything you’re saying.

 

I’m not worried about controlling the message. I was just simply saying people outside our fan base think he’s either not coming back or diminished, and I get why. I don’t think there’s any sort of message we could put out there that would help that, and I don’t really care because like you said, all that matters is if he comes back strong. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

 

Yeah there’s a reason I didn’t use the word blame. I’m not at odds with anything you’re saying.

 

I’m also not worried about controlling the message. I was just simply saying people outside our fan base reasonably think he’s either not coming back or diminished, and I get why. I don’t think there’s any sort of “message” we could put out there that would help that, and I don’t really care because like you said, all that matters is if he comes back strong. 

Just for the record - I just used your post as a jump off point for my mini-rant, not that I found something specifically wrong with it. Sorry if it looked like it was aimed at you. It was more general frustrations with the way the media is covering the story. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Superman said:

 

I listened to the entire segment. They clearly hadn't done any research and sounded like dummies. Their genuine insistence was that Luck hasn't thrown a football or done anything remotely similar to throwing a football since January 2017.

 

Ah, that does seem dumb then. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and figured they meant last game instance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let the critics critique, and haters hate. I'm not even clicking on that garbage. 

 

Side note:

How awesome would it be if Luck threw a TD his first pass back?! Just like his first pass as a Colt went for a TD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   Most are Clueless about Lucky?   None more than the Homer's here.
  How will his transition go from being a ball holding, Robo Bomber, to a quick decision making, highly accurate, throwing into tight windows QB.
  Game on for Lucky, and of course he owes it to Irsay not to skip steps along the way to earning his $$ on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Cynjin said:

 

I'm going to guess and say that the video is missing some context.  They are probably talking about the last time Luck threw in an actual game.  Simms is right though, there is more than likely going to be a fair amount of rust that Luck will have to work through.

It’s Luck though, so the rust will wear off rather quickly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, throwing BBZ said:

   Most are Clueless about Lucky?   None more than the Homer's here.
  How will his transition go from being a ball holding, Robo Bomber, to a quick decision making, highly accurate, throwing into tight windows QB.
  Game on for Lucky, and of course he owes it to Irsay not to skip steps along the way to earning his $$ on the field.

I will say everyone is clueless for the most part for sure.

 

I see him transitioning just fine.  Watch games where we go into a hurry up offense and he does just that.  Quick throws and quick decisions, in small windows.  We typically have the best offensive movement when we do this as well, imagine that! He will be just fine in this offense that allows for a better all-around scheme and play calling (hopefully).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

It’s Luck though, so the rust will wear off rather quickly. 

 

Hopefully. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really have a problem with them saying this. There is tossing (sideline warm-ups for example)...and then there is throwing (live action, 7 on 7s, etc.). As far as we have seen, Luck has only done the former...and that was one time back in October. I feel like Simms sort of makes that distinction at the end as well.

 

I think of it like pitching...even if it's not the exact same. I pitched until my early 20s...and there was plenty of structured tossing (short toss and even long toss) and throwing (BP session)...and they were definitely different activities.

 

There was the story of Luck shredding the Colts defense in drills, but we don't really know what that entailed. So I guess that could count. But obviously he wasn't able to do so without pain.

 

And with Luck, I am not as concerned as much about being able to actually throw a football. It's whether he can do it in live action and with no pain. They don't seem to think he might not be ready to do this...and are (correctly) being cautious and having him build up his strength.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Brees is playing well but has way better playmakers around him and still has 4 less TDs than Luck. Most valuable player should have nothing to do with a team when an individual is balling out. Luck for MVP. (I know he won’t get it but he deserves it)
    • Glad you're not too.  Some thought he was a steal at 15 and would have picked him at 10, LOL.   I wouldn't look to move on.  Hookers on a rookie contract.  But if we moved on, I wouldn't say the GM sucked like some might.
    • For an UDFA from a small school Odum looked just fine out there yesterday. He made several instinctive plays and tackled well.    Aside from jumping on the pile at the end of the first half I'd say he played pretty damned well!!!!!!
    • Me too.  I was surprised Turay wasn't called for jumping on the Mariota QB pile.
    • Andrew Luck seems to be doing what he always says he wants, which is to continue to improve. He is having a fine season, but I have to go with Brees for MVP.
  • Members

    • bsteves

      bsteves 113

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BOTT

      BOTT 11,127

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Iron Colt

      Iron Colt 70

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • #12.

      #12. 1,241

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Ramble

      Ramble 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mr.ZapRowsdower

      Mr.ZapRowsdower 15

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Colt Overseas

      Colt Overseas 331

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Moe

      Moe 41

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Pelt

      Pelt 504

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DougDew

      DougDew 2,674

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active: