Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Terrance West visited Colts on Tuesday

1959Colts

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/15/terrance-west-visited-colts-on-tuesday/

Running back Terrance West continues to look for a job. He visited the Colts on Tuesday, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports...

...The Colts drafted running backs Nyheim Hines and Jordan Wilkins but still could use depth.

West has 1,816 rushing yards and 11 rushing touchdowns in his career, having spent time with Cleveland, Tennessee and Baltimore.

2 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Kicking tires?

He’s 27, I wouldn’t say tire kicking. He’s got at least 2-3 more years of good football left. I hope Ballard signs him 

Marlon Mack healing from surgery, not sure where he is health wise. Might as well add another RB 

17 minutes ago, DarkSuperman said:

Mack, Hines, and Wilkins are all we need. :D

1 has limited NFL experience and the other 2 have never played a second of NFL ball.

I'd say a veteran RB would be smart. We have Turbin and Christine Michael, but if they feel West is better, he could supplant one of them on the roster.

1 hour ago, Shive said:

1 has limited NFL experience and the other 2 have never played a second of NFL ball.

I'd say a veteran RB would be smart. We have Turbin and Christine Michael, but if they feel West is better, he could supplant one of them on the roster.

The running back position is really the only position on a NFL team where being a rookie doesn't effect them much.

Rookie RBs have a pretty good history of being good in their first year.

This is part of the notebook. No way to tell how the season is going to go. If we were hit hard with the injury bug during the season, his visit would be fresh info. The week let's say our 2nd RB went down is not the time to gather info....its now. 

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The running back position is really the only position on a NFL team where being a rookie doesn't effect them much.

Rookie RBs have a pretty good history of being good in their first year.

Teams still always want some veteran for leadership/knowledge, but also rookies come in and make mistakes.  Mainly in pass blocking assignments.  You keep guys like Turbin for that tough yard to gain and for pass blocking.  Michael is there for something similar plus depth for any injuries.  If West is better than either Michael or Turbin you can sign him and get better depth.  I think West is better than Michael.

7 hours ago, Four2itus said:

This is part of the notebook. No way to tell how the season is going to go. If we were hit hard with the injury bug during the season, his visit would be fresh info. The week let's say our 2nd RB went down is not the time to gather info....its now. 

Exactly why they had him in. I would be very surprised if they signed him now. But they could easily have him on speed dial if a key injury or two hit. 

2 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Teams still always want some veteran for leadership/knowledge, but also rookies come in and make mistakes.  Mainly in pass blocking assignments.  You keep guys like Turbin for that tough yard to gain and for pass blocking.  Michael is there for something similar plus depth for any injuries.  If West is better than either Michael or Turbin you can sign him and get better depth.  I think West is better than Michael.

So what is Michael going to teach them? How to fumble? That is why he hasn't been able to break into a starting roll. He has one half year with the Seahawks where he done pretty good but what else?

17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So what is Michael going to teach them? How to fumble? That is why he hasn't been able to break into a starting roll. He has one half year with the Seahawks where he done pretty good but what else?

Regardless of YOUR thoughts he is on our roster still.  Why is he still here?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well that is MY thoughts. I guess if I make some capital letters it would make a difference. .

You try and make a statement and do not like the response... that is what this debate thing is right?

7 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

You try and make a statement and do not like the response... that is what this debate thing is right?

Raising your voice (using capital letters) is not a debate at all.

Look, I highly doubt that Michael will be on the 53 man roster. We shall see.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Raising your voice (using capital letters) is not a debate at all.

Look, I highly doubt that Michael will be on the 53 man roster. We shall see.

That we shall.  I doubt he makes it either.  Hints why I stated I would take West over him.

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

giphy.gif

Yep....maybe we need more backs for camp...maybe we want more guys during pre-season to limit the injuries...and yep maybe we want to push guys and keep them motivated that their position is not secure. They will have to earn it. Finally yes maybe this is we are mutually interested if one of our guys goes down keep yourself ready and we give you a call. We were lucky with Frank...but we've seen more than our share of injured rbs.

On 5/15/2018 at 10:13 PM, sreeb2deeni said:

Should be some holes to run through this year. I'd like to see the Colts force the young guys to grow up quick and the only way is by playing in the games. Cream will rise to the top by playoff time.

hard to get cream out of skim milk