Sign in to follow this  
NannyMcafee

Chris Ballard is the Heart of Jim Irsay without the Impulse

Recommended Posts

The proof is in the pudding, how his draft players develop and contribute to Ws. That is how Ballard will be judged. He has a leg up on Grigson with the way he conducts himself with players and seems to be more well liked. However, it is a bottom line business. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting the Irsay "mentoring Grigson" thing out of the process gives us real hope.
This was considered a deep draft defensively, and we wisely snapped up top O-line talent very early.
The athletes are coming big time from this draft it is plain to see.

 By 2020 we should be loaded for Bear/GRIZZ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He said in one of his earlier press conferences he intends to build a team that will not be just  competitive but a team others will try to emulate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calling Mr. Irsay impulsive is so off the mark, it's ridiculous. If anything, he is too patient. Good article on Ballard...click bait title. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Calling Mr. Irsay impulsive is so off the mark, it's ridiculous. If anything, he is too patient. Good article on Ballard...click bait title. 

This article comes off more of a bash on Irsay than anything else.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Irsay loves this team and city. People bash the guy for past mishaps, but seriously, no one is perfect and he owned up to his mistakes and sought help. You can tell Irsay gives Chris all the slack he needs to build the team his way. I seriously have no problem with Jim Irsay. I'll miss him whenever he decides to step away as the owner of the Colts. We're in great hands with Chris Ballard, Frank Reich, and of course, Andrew Luck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Irsay has his issues but this line that he's impulsive is certainly not true when it comes to football decisions.  

 

In fact it's sort of the opposite.  He took too long to let go of Grigson, took too long to let go of Pagano.

 

Impulsive owners fire their coaches every 2 years or so, often in the middle of the season.  That isn't Irsay.

 

On the negative Irsay used to have a bad twitter habit but he seems to have cut that out.  And of course he had problems with prescription drugs.  But his football decisions have not been impulsive or insane.

 

I actually admire Irsay's level of involvement with the Colts.  He's not some distant far off owner that you never see and just comes in to fire the GM or coach and leaves.  Irsay has an office at the Colts facility and by all appearences comes into work on a regular basis.  And you see him in the war room on draft day. 

 

But at the same time he's not Jerry Jones.  He hires other people to manage the football side

 

14 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

Irsay loves this team and city. People bash the guy for past mishaps, but seriously, no one is perfect and he owned up to his mistakes and sought help. You can tell Irsay gives Chris all the slack he needs to build the team his way. I seriously have no problem with Jim Irsay. I'll miss him whenever he decides to step away as the owner of the Colts. We're in great hands with Chris Ballard, Frank Reich, and of course, Andrew Luck.

 Honestly I think the only thing that is really going to push Irsay away from the Colts is ill health or death.  Guy likes the team too much.  Its too important to him for him to just retire.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Irsay has his issues but this line that he's impulsive is certainly not true when it comes to football decisions.  

 

In fact it's sort of the opposite.  He took too long to let go of Grigson, took too long to let go of Pagano.

 

Impulsive owners fire their coaches every 2 years or so, often in the middle of the season.  That isn't Irsay.

 

On the negative Irsay used to have a bad twitter habit but he seems to have cut that out.  And of course he had problems with prescription drugs.  But his football decisions have not been impulsive or insane.

 

I actually admire Irsay's level of involvement with the Colts.  He's not some distant far off owner that you never see and just comes in to fire the GM or coach and leaves.  Irsay has an office at the Colts facility and by all appearences comes into work on a regular basis.  And you see him in the war room on draft day. 

 

But at the same time he's not Jerry Jones.  He hires other people to manage the football side

 

 Honestly I think the only thing that is really going to push Irsay away from the Colts is ill health or death.  Guy likes the team too much.  Its too important to him for him to just retire.  

 

I was thinking the same thing.  This is a unfounded shot at Irsay. We never signed free agents under Polian. He did however commit to doing something different, when he released Polian.  We should have won more than one super bowl with Manning but did not.  It was time for a change.  It wasn't at all impulsive. It was about addressing our shortfalls by bringing in new blood.  And he was patient with that process.

 

Quote

Let’s be honest here too, owner Jim Irsay was more than likely freaking out a bit when that all hit the fan. He is an impulsive man, he likes the shiny thing which is likely why he had such an affinity for Grigson until the end. Grigson played towards Irsay’s love of the big free-agent signing, the lack of patience for a process to play out, instant gratification and everything that comes with it.

 

This is just condescending horse hockeys
 

Quote

 

You see, whether or not Irsay is nervous behind the scenes because he’s awaiting a big move to make him want to grab the mic, Ballard’s even keeled process is leveling off the owner’s ability to have unrealistic expectations. There were initial expectations for Ballard to become this era’s Bill Polian for the Colts, and right now, that’s as important for Irsay as it is for the players on the roster and the future players who will come to Indianapolis because of it.


 

 

All I can say is that titles dissing Jim Irsay are click bait. People love to hate.  But, saying completely fabricated things about history is not journalism.

 

This is reminding me of the yarns that people spun around Grigson........'he's the son Irsay never had' and such.

 

It's fiction

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nadine said:

 

I was thinking the same thing.  This is a unfounded shot at Irsay. We never signed free agents under Polian. He did however commit to doing something different, when he released Polian.  We should have won more than one super bowl with Manning but did not.  It was time for a change.  It wasn't at all impulsive. It was about addressing our shortfalls by bringing in new blood.  And he was patient with that process.

 

 

This is just condescending horse hockeys
 

 

All I can say is that titles dissing Jim Irsay are click bait. People love to hate.  But, saying completely fabricated things about history is not journalism.

 

This is reminding me of the yarns that people spun around Grigson........'he's the son Irsay never had' and such.

 

It's fiction

 

To be fair I think his twitter habit is what won him the reputation for being impulsive.  But when it comes to football decisions he's actually one of the least impulsive guys in the NFL.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Having him back certainly makes a difference.    Probably come back player of the year at least.
    • Brees is playing well but has way better playmakers around him and still has 4 less TDs than Luck. Most valuable player should have nothing to do with a team when an individual is balling out. Luck for MVP. (I know he won’t get it but he deserves it)
    • Glad you're not too.  Some thought he was a steal at 15 and would have picked him at 10, LOL.   I wouldn't look to move on.  Hookers on a rookie contract.  But if we moved on, I wouldn't say the GM sucked like some might.
    • For an UDFA from a small school Odum looked just fine out there yesterday. He made several instinctive plays and tackled well.    Aside from jumping on the pile at the end of the first half I'd say he played pretty damned well!!!!!!
    • Me too.  I was surprised Turay wasn't called for jumping on the Mariota QB pile.
  • Members

    • Samu-Rye

      Samu-Rye 48

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsBlueFL

      ColtsBlueFL 4,767

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • NewColtsFan

      NewColtsFan 17,160

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MarquisJ

      MarquisJ 326

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 6,687

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DougDew

      DougDew 2,674

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • John Hammonds

      John Hammonds 111

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BOTT

      BOTT 11,127

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • FirsTime

      FirsTime 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • GoColtsWin

      GoColtsWin 364

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active: