Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Rookie Minicamp 5/12/2018

TKnight24

Read somewhere that Skai Moore is taking the MIKE snaps. Interesting. He definitely has the feel and instincts for it in the passing game. Still not sold on his ability to be a force in the run game but if Eberflus as a LB coach can help him develop this facet of his game... he can be a true UDFA steal for us... I definitely prefer him over anyone we had before the draft. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Read somewhere that Skai Moore is taking the MIKE snaps. Interesting. He definitely has the feel and instincts for it in the passing game. Still not sold on his ability to be a force in the run game but if Eberflus as a LB coach can help him develop this facet of his game... he can be a true UDFA steal for us... I definitely prefer him over anyone we had before the draft. 

He was listed at 218, then 226 at the combine and then his pro day he was at 230. Probably all garbage weight, however, get him with Rusty Jones and I'd bet he'll get him on a strength and conditioning program PLUS diet that will get him where he needs to be!

Even if he isn't a starter he has special teams and sub package value. I'd trade him out for Morrison in a New York minute....

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Not sure whether to be excited that he smoked the OL or worried about the OL getting smoked

Is this camp just for the rookies and first year pick up free agent players? I’ll only r get back to last year when the brass was talking up the defense and how stout the oline was (online is fixed comment) only to see a garbage oline and still very little pass rush. Let’s hope, and I believe, the oline will be fixed this season for the next few years at least anyways. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

the fact that the ol tripled teamed him afterwards means they made adjustments so no worries just good play by play

Still 

6 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Is this camp just for the rookies and first year pick up free agent players? I’ll only r get back to last year when the brass was talking up the defense and how stout the oline was (online is fixed comment) only to see a garbage oline and still very little pass rush. Let’s hope, and I believe, the oline will be fixed this season for the next few years at least anyways. 

Rookies only 

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

Not sure whether to be excited that he smoked the OL or worried about the OL getting smoked

Luckily it's not the REAL o line. It's rookies only. So that means outside of Nelson and Smith, the other 3 spots are of virtually unknown talent. 

Who knows, Nelson and Smith may not have even been in on that play either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

This is a reply from Fountain on the tweet that showed Nelson working out on his own after practice.

If true that is a pretty crappy thing to do. No need to push the "Nelson is unique"-narrative. We know that. If Cain and Fountain were also out there (i.e. Reece's tweet), then they should be mentioned too.

Why would Amber and co. do something like that?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, James said:

If true that is a pretty crappy thing to do. No need to push the "Nelson is unique"-narrative. We know that. If Cain and Fountain were also out there (i.e. Reece's tweet), then they should be mentioned too.

Why would Amber and co. do something like that?

Amber said on reddit that apparently the photo was taken from Friday, not Saturday the day it was posted.

1 hour ago, Hoose said:

I think he's just having fun with it. Hence the laughing so hard he's crying emoji. 

Yeah I guess. I am just not used to a player who hasn't made a team yet paying that much attention to someone else on social media.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah I guess. I am just not used to a player who hasn't made a team yet paying that much attention to someone else on social media.

You're taking this way too seriously. I'm sure he's just having a blast and enjoying his NFL journey. Even the toughest most professional players like JJ Watt joke around from time to time. 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

You're taking this way too seriously. I'm sure he's just having a blast and enjoying his NFL journey. Even the toughest most professional players like JJ Watt joke around from time to time. 

I was under the impression that players trying to make a team would have better things to do like learning the playbook instead of drawing attention to themselves. But in this day of social media I guess I am wrong.

I have a slight problem with the "look" at me attitude.

JJ Watt is already an established player so using him as an example don't correlate to a player who has yet made a team.

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I was under the impression that players trying to make a team would have better things to do like learning the playbook instead of drawing attention to themselves. But in this day of social media I guess I am wrong.

JJ Watt is already an established player so using him as an example don't correlate to a player who has yet made a team.

It is possible to enjoy yourself AND be a professional at the same time you know. One does not have to cancel out the other. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

His statement is a non issue. The real question is if turay's first step is really that good. Got to see that lol.

12 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

This is a reply from Fountain on the tweet that showed Nelson working out on his own after practice.

I don't know but the replies of fans from around the league are hilarious 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Calmack said:

It is possible to enjoy yourself AND be a professional at the same time you know. One does not have to cancel out the other. 

That's not what I said.

I already explained that I didn't care for social media drawing attention to himself. That's all, no more.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Let the butthurt flow....the pic in question was Friday anyways. So maybe he should just shut the hell up and worry about making the team

Or maybe he has a sense of humor and you don't?  It's not like he posted 20 times...this is just one occasion that I am aware of (though I don't do social media).  He did have a laughing emoji in there.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

@TKnight24

When is practice today? Seems awful quiet on the Western front....

I didn’t see a practice today. And it’s mother’s day, I don’t think the nfl would have them practicing today. 

But I’ll post if they do practice 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Or maybe he has a sense of humor and you don't?  It's not like he posted 20 times...this is just one occasion that I am aware of (though I don't do social media).  He did have a laughing emoji in there.

Well crap, I tried to show a poop emoji for your post 

On 5/13/2018 at 3:53 PM, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe Fountain should just worry about getting his job instead of worrying about someone else?

Who says he isn't? 

Fact is that Nelson was the only one mentioned, and that should definitely be called out if (as Reece says) there were more players out there doing extra work.