superrep1967

Charlie Casserly Report: Luck to be full go for Training Camp

Recommended Posts

Charlie Casserly has talked to the Colts brass and they say they're very confident that Luck will be full go for training camp. If Charlie Casserly is reporting this then I'm on board. What does everyone else think I think it's good news. He says he's trowing weighed balls right now but will be full go for training camp. I know we got to wait and see until he actually throws a real football but I still think it's good news and I think he'll be ready to go. 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, superrep1967 said:

Charlie Casserly has talked to the Colts brass and they say they're very confident that Luck will be full go for training camp. If Charlie Casserly is reporting this then I'm on board. What does everyone else think I think it's good news. He says he's trowing weighed balls right now but will full go for training camp. I know we got to wait and see until he actually throws a real football but I still think it's good news and think I he'll be ready. 

If true, it's great news. We'll have to see if that's 100% accurate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remind me, what did the Colts brass say about Luck this time last year?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously....   if it's true it's great news...

 

But what I don't like is revealing this in this  way.   To an exclusive interview with Casserly...

 

It shouldn't be done this way...   on the last day of practice before the summer break, Ballard and Luck hold a news conference.

The two explain what Luck has been doing, what Luck will do over the summer;  where Luck is...   and what are the expectations for the start if camp...   and then answer questions from the media...  this is how you control your message...   otherwise you're now at the mercy of whatever Casserly says....

 

Lets hope things go well and nothing goes wrong....

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Remind me, what did the Colts brass say about Luck this time last year?

 

They seem more assured this time around then just saying we're hoping or no timetable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing matters until Week 1. Even then, some will be waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Remind me, what did the Colts brass say about Luck this time last year?

I will pay for "The Sunday Ticket" again IF Luck is healthy.......now he has ATT and Direct TV on his side...good mojo?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I will pay for "The Sunday Ticket" again IF Luck is healthy.......now he has ATT and Direct TV on his side...good mojo?

 

I haven’t paid for it in years.  My contract ends in August. I call customer retention and tell them I’m going back to cable unless they find a way to keep me.

 

It was real easy getting it last year, so many people were dropping it because of the player demonstrations.

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smonroe said:

 

I haven’t paid for it in years.  My contract ends in August. I call customer retention and tell them I’m going back to cable unless they find a way to keep me.

 

It was real easy getting it last year, so many people were dropping it because of the player demonstrations.

 

Lol, good advice and thanks!

Yoda.webp

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Superman said:

Nothing matters until Week 1. Even then, some will be waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

I think you mean "for the shoulder to drop" .. :P 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Superman said:

Nothing matters until Week 1. Even then, some will be waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

 

If he plays a series in the first preseason game, maybe a quarter in the second, a half in the third, and there’s no hiccups, I think we’re good.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Superman said:

Nothing matters until Week 1. Even then, some will be waiting for the other shoe to drop. 

   Spot on. Injuries are unpredictable and seasons are sometimes determined by the health of key playmakers.

     We really have no idea how Luck will be, come September or what the 53 man roster will be at this point. Things have a way of “unfolding”, sometimes the way we expect and sometimes unexpectedly. 

         I suppose part of being a fan is hoping for the best.  It’s not always unrealistic to be optimistic.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Obviously....   if it's true it's great news...

 

But what I don't like is revealing this in this  way.   To an exclusive interview with Casserly...

 

It shouldn't be done this way...   on the last day of practice before the summer break, Ballard and Luck hold a news conference.

The two explain what Luck has been doing, what Luck will do over the summer;  where Luck is...   and what are the expectations for the start if camp...   and then answer questions from the media...  this is how you control your message...   otherwise you're now at the mercy of whatever Casserly says....

 

Lets hope things go well and nothing goes wrong....

 

 

 

It's no different if they let one person interview or multiple. They will be at the mercy of anyone who writes. It's not like he was given full access and they had to give him everything he wanted. Dude, calm down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

It's no different if they let one person interview or multiple. They will be at the mercy of anyone who writes. It's not like he was given full access and they had to give him everything he wanted. Dude, calm down.

 

You're right.....

 

What do I know?    I mean,  it's not like I didn't spend 30 years in the media covering events like this.

 

It's not like I didn't predict the mess repeatedly last year....   it's not like I didn't point out the Luck's actions didn't match up with the words being said by Luck and Ballard and Irsay throughout the offseason and the 2017 season as well.

 

Its not like I haven't been talking about this precise issue for over a year --- the Colts failure to control their own message.

 

Yeah....   What do I know?    What was I thinking?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If true, it's great news. We'll have to see if that's 100% accurate.

 

He’s just reporting what they think. This not really any new info. Ballard said as much on PFT the other day. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

 

If he plays a series in the first preseason game, maybe a quarter in the second, a half in the third, and there’s no hiccups, I think we’re good.  

 

I’m just hoping he can practice without soreness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's awful news. No, wait, no you're right, it's good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

You're right.....

 

What do I know?    I mean,  it's not like I didn't spend 30 years in the media covering events like this.

 

It's not like I didn't predict the mess repeatedly last year....   it's not like I didn't point out the Luck's actions didn't match up with the words being said by Luck and Ballard and Irsay throughout the offseason and the 2017 season as well.

 

Its not like I haven't been talking about this precise issue for over a year --- the Colts failure to control their own message.

 

Yeah....   What do I know?    What was I thinking?

 

 

I predicted it too. So what?

 

They did something different. Just because it doesn’t fall in-line with what is typically done doesn’t mean a whole lot.

 

I think it would be wise to be cautiously optimistic. Besides, if Casserly is wrong it’s his reputation as a journalist that suffers. It’s in his best interest to report what he’s told. But what do I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I predicted it too. So what?

 

They did something different. Just because it doesn’t fall in-line with what is typically done doesn’t mean a whole lot.

 

I think it would be wise to be cautiously optimistic. Besides, if Casserly is wrong it’s his reputation as a journalist that suffers. It’s in his best interest to report what he’s told. But what do I know.

It's a reporter reporting on a reporter who is getting the same canned answers that we've always been getting...somehow the sky is falling now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Remind me, what did the Colts brass say about Luck this time last year?

was luck throwing weight balls last year i think not :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

 

If he plays a series in the first preseason game, maybe a quarter in the second, a half in the third, and there’s no hiccups, I think we’re good.  

 

What if he doesn't play the first preseason game, like 2016? Or what if he plays the first game, skips the second? 

 

End of the day, only time will tell. I'm not paying a whole lot of attention to any of this speculation. I think he'll be fine, but the craziness won't die down until this whole saga is in the rear view mirror.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he is throwing weighted balls consistently with no pain or setback, im not worried about him throwing THE DUKE.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't really anything groundbreaking. This is basically what Ballard said two days ago, that he expects Luck to be ready by TC. This is just Casserly putting his own touch on it, saying he's talked to Colts FO and that they're confident he'll be a full go at TC.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Remind me, what did the Colts brass say about Luck this time last year?

Luck looks much healthier now than he did even in October on the sidelines.  When they said he was shooting for December, I said no way just by the condition he was in then.  He looks much healthier now, so the optimistic statements now pass the eye test, IMO.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Charlie Casserly has talked to the Colts brass and they say they're very confident that Luck will be full go for training camp. If Charlie Casserly is reporting this then I'm on board. What does everyone else think I think it's good news. He says he's trowing weighed balls right now but will be full go for training camp. I know we got to wait and see until he actually throws a real football but I still think it's good news and I think he'll be ready to go. 

This good news should bring out all the pessimist and negative nellys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

You're right.....

 

What do I know?    I mean,  it's not like I didn't spend 30 years in the media covering events like this.

 

It's not like I didn't predict the mess repeatedly last year....   it's not like I didn't point out the Luck's actions didn't match up with the words being said by Luck and Ballard and Irsay throughout the offseason and the 2017 season as well.

 

Its not like I haven't been talking about this precise issue for over a year --- the Colts failure to control their own message.

 

Yeah....   What do I know?    What was I thinking?

 

 

Wow, you spent 30 years in the media.

 

Why haven't you mentioned this before?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would lay the blame on Irsay more than anyone else. He ran his mouth repeatedly last year about Luck’s impending return and, it turned out, he was wrong every time. He was selling tickets, not the truth. As a result, there is hope but understandable skepticism among the fan base. Until Luck can prove it, no one will honestly believe it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swan Ronson said:

Wow, you spent 30 years in the media.

Why haven't you mentioned this before?

 

Is that a good resume to mention? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TdungyW/12 said:

This good news should bring out all the pessimist and negative nellys. 

It will because until Luck throws a Football in a public setting, everything is a lie to them and Luck is done. Just speaking the truth. Nothing will change until Luck is throwing on public TV in the news for those people to see. Some of them will still say they think he's done until he starts game 1 so get used to it. I already am used to it is why I have rarely commented on Colts Boards lately and have been on the Baseball and Basketball Threads in here mostly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Swan Ronson said:

Wow, you spent 30 years in the media.

 

Why haven't you mentioned this before?

He has mentioned it, you probably just missed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Remind me, what did the Colts brass say about Luck this time last year?

Exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luck looks healthy unlike last season. Can’t wait for the return. The o-line looks great on paper. I just can’t wait for football!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It will because until Luck throws a Football in a public setting, everything is a lie to them and Luck is done. Just speaking the truth. Nothing will change until Luck is throwing on public TV in the news for those people to see. Some of them will still say they think he's done until he starts game 1 so get used to it. I already am used to it is why I have rarely commented on Colts Boards lately and have been on the Baseball and Basketball Threads in here mostly.

It doesn’t bother me I think it’s funny! 

 

The headline can be Luck throwing a football 60 yards for a TD in practice with the tittle luck 100% and back and they would still find a way to throw a fit. People have 0 faith and society needs that gratification of wanting results NOW or they move on!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, a06cc said:

Luck looks healthy unlike last season. Can’t wait for the return. The o-line looks great on paper. I just can’t wait for football!

 

On paper, this is the best and deepest Oline since 06.  

 

Luck does look good, but these reporters are just echoing what the front office has said for a year.  Nothing new.  

 

It’s not a matter of doubt for me, I’m just tempering my excitement until Luck plays in a game and says he feels great. 

 

This team is a contender this year and will be better next season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing has really changed for me.  Unless Casserly slipped them some truth serum, I don't know why their message to him would be any more or less credible than what they've been saying all a long which is the same thing Casserly reported.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.