Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Surprise Camp Cuts

TheMose

8 hours ago, krunk said:

How many times does the coaching staff and the GM have to tell you that Simon fits before you people stop saying he doesn't fit?

10,954. :sarcasm:

Oh wait, you weren't looking for an exact number were ya? 

It's not you krunk; I'm just in one of my moods. 

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Did you even bother to read the header of the thread?  

It said surprise camp cuts.

And you have the gall to call someone dumb?

You do make a very valid point CC1. The description of this thread screams mockery in some form or fashion. Besides, until training camp rolls around & NFL Network broadcasts all 32 preseason games, I don't really get serious about INDY's season anyway. 

Way too early to call anybody foolish yet. I agree. 

5 hours ago, Indy1996 said:

People like you need to shutup tbh your so dumb tbh

Was that really necessary I96? Come on man. SDC8 did not deserve that. 

Reminds me of that joke where a senior citizen driver calls his wife on the cell phone to vent about traffic & insane drivers while he is the one driving the wrong way down the freeway leaving chaos & wreckage in his wake. Lighten up. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, southwest1 said:

You do make a very valid point CC1. The description of this thread screams mockery in some form or fashion. Besides, until training camp rolls around & NFL Network broadcasts all 32 preseason games, I don't really get serious about INDY's season anyway. 

Way too early to call anybody foolish yet. I agree. 

Well the thread did call for some sarcastic and unrealistic answers but in a funny way. People having fun with it and Mr. 1996 has to come in and pee in the Wheaties. Sucks. :bossy:

10 hours ago, gnet550 said:

As much as we all like to pile on TJ Green...I think somewhere Ballard was quoted saying he was put in bad position last year...basically sounded like the old defense was not a fit and this defense may fit better, so I think he’s will stick around....he also fits the athlete lacking production mold of Ballard’s picks( before everyone gets angry, I’m not saying that because I didn’t like the draft, I in fact did)

As badly as I didn't like the TJ Green pick, Ballard has implied several times that he and KC likes him in that draft.  Probably wouldn't have drafted him in the second round but probably not 5th round either.

I say Swoope is a cut, but that really shouldn't be much of a surprise.  Doyle, Ebron, and the tall guy stay.  I think they find more of a blocking TE for depth and ST.

42 minutes ago, DougDew said:

As badly as I didn't like the TJ Green pick, Ballard has implied several times that he and KC likes him in that draft.  Probably wouldn't have drafted him in the second round but probably not 5th round either.

I say Swoope is a cut, but that really shouldn't be much of a surprise.  Doyle, Ebron, and the tall guy stay.  I think they find more of a blocking TE for depth and ST.

Tall guy- Ross Travis?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I don't think there is anyway Mewhort gets cut.  I could, however, see the Colts IRing him and then reaching an injury settlement with him.  But if he's healthy he's a starter because he is that good when healthy (and yes that is tough for a Wolverine fan to say about a former Buckeye)

I completely agree.  Mewhort has started at three different positions for Indy and when healthy is a very good player.  His one year contract is relatively cheap as well. 

I feel the same goes for Clark and Haeg.  Both have started at multiple positions for Indy and both have two more years on their rookie contracts.  They are at the very least solid depth in area that has been an issue for Indy for years.

1 hour ago, TheMose said:

Boy this escalated quickly. Lol. I was just trying to get people to make some predictions, off the wall or serious. Just trying to have some fun.

I think all but one was having fun. It is a pretty cool thread.

Why one felt the need to attack SDC is beyond me.

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2018 at 6:23 AM, DarkSuperman said:

Robert Turbin. Jack Mewhort.

I could definitely see Turbin as well. Not because he's terrible or anything. If the numbers get tight on who to keep I could see a short yardage/goal line back getting the axe. 

9 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Why? What has Ridgeway really ever done in his two years with this team?

With a roster full of Defensive Ends, Indy needs a few tackles :)...plus Ridgeway seems to be better suited in this defense, imho.  I could see him playing both the UT and NT(on 3rd downs).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

With a roster full of Defensive Ends, Indy needs a few tackles :)...plus Ridgeway seems to be better suited in this defense, imho.  I could see him playing both the UT and NT(on 3rd downs).

Yeah he may be suited? And he seems to have the intangibles on paper . But he needs to step up his game on the field this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

And wasn't Ridgeway drafted by Grigson specifically to fit Pagano's 3-4 scheme?

You're talking like Ridgeways been here forever. Hes ascending. He had 3 sacks last year as a part time interior rusher. That's not bad considering hes not full time. One of the only interior players we had that actually got to the QB. This scheme we are running this year is a better fit. Closer to what he did at Univ. Of Texas.

• Like 3

On 5/4/2018 at 2:43 PM, Smonroe said:

It's tough for a Buckeye to make that statement.  Probably not as tough as watching Buckeye 2nd and third string QBs beat your team though.haha

You're right, if he's cut/IRed it would be because of his medical issues.  That would be sad, he was turning into a really good guard before the knee gave out.

Man, here I was trying to be complimentary and you have to bring that up.  I think I will put you on my ignore list now Smonroe :)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

And wasn't Ridgeway drafted by Grigson specifically to fit Pagano's 3-4 scheme?

Like Ballard said we need our interior DL to put pressure on the QB. I dont see anyone on the roster right now inside who can do that better than Ridgeway. 

In terms of actual surprise.  Swoope.

I'm hoping he isn't because I'm rooting for him, but Ballard signed Eric Ebron in FA, about the only FA he really spent any money on.  That signing is not a vote of confidence for Swoope.  

He's not Ballard's guy, he's not Reich's guy.  He was a developmental prospect from the previous regime that showed some promise 2 years ago but was injured all of last year. 

• Like 1

I think there is a real possibility John Simon gets cut because of fit.

I think LeRaven Clark gets cut... not sure if this counts as a surprise though... 

Another one - I think Antonio Morrison gets cut... again not sure this counts as a surprise.