Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the first pick in the 2019 NFL Draft

11 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

The Tennessee Titans select Nick Bosa. Titans are garbo and overrated. Half-Sarcasm.

Yeah, we all wish. :) 

Next year could be a year where the team picking first could have 4 or 5 wins??? When was the last time it happened? What is the maximum number of wins a team in the SB era had while picking 1st in the draft?

7 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Chargers select Nick Bosa and have the Bash Brothers on both sides.

The chargers? They have a pretty solid roster IMO so would need to be a blockbuster trade to get to number 1.

I agree with @danlhart87 the dolphins roster is just hot garbage right now. Gase gone by week 10. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2018 at 4:45 PM, lollygagger8 said:

I just can't see any AFC South team finishing last in NFL wins 

Unfortunately, the Colts would seem like the most likely AFC South team to end up picking #1 next year.

We're by no means done rebuilding, but that's okay. Rome wasn't build in a day.

4 hours ago, CopenhagenColt said:

Unfortunately, the Colts would seem like the most likely AFC South team to end up picking #1 next year.

In the unlikely scenario that happens who do you take?

Four or five wins might still land the #1 pick next year, and we could easily be looking at a five-win season. Even just another Top-5 would go a long way toward rebuilding the franchise. Couple that with a ton of cap roll-over money, and we could be looking at 2020 to be our year. 

On 5/5/2018 at 7:01 PM, CopenhagenColt said:

Nah, my inner-homer does not accept that lol. 

On 5/6/2018 at 5:04 AM, danlhart87 said:

In the unlikely scenario that happens who do you take?

Couldn't tell you with certainty at this point.

Dex Lawrence, Chris Wilkins, Clelin Ferrell, Rashan Gary, Ed Oliver, Bosa the younger and Raekwon Davis could be candidates. Lot of defensive talent at the top of next years draft. But lots could happen over the course of a season with injuries etc. But we'll see.

On 5/4/2018 at 10:45 AM, chad72 said:

Yeah, we all wish. :) 

Next year could be a year where the team picking first could have 4 or 5 wins??? When was the last time it happened? What is the maximum number of wins a team in the SB era had while picking 1st in the draft?

I got curious so I went and looked it up. Since 1970, 2003 was the year with the most wins for the number one pick. Four teams went 4-12. Chargers, Raiders, Cardinals, Giants. That was the Eli Manning, Philip Rivers trade. Every other year was 3 wins or less.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...