Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Myles

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Trading Turner would destroy the defense. We also can't tell if Turner's offense is bad because it's McMillan. Sabonis is cheaper for now. In a year, he'll want about the same amount of money as Turner. I'd much rather trade Sabonis. I'd only trade Turner for a chance at Ja, and there's no way that's happening after the #2 pick. 

 

No it wouldn't. He still can't guard the better big's in the NBA anyways. Sabonis doesn't have a problem scoring in McMillan's scheme, and I think he could be a legit 20/10 guy as a starter. He also plays like a big man unlike Turners soft a33. As akcolt mentioned he's still not a consistent rebounder for a big man either. What you see now is what Turner will be for the rest of his career. 

 

58 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Blocks aren't the end all be all, I agree, but his defense is arguably more important than rebounds. Turner doesn't get a lot because of Oladipo and other players. With Dipo out, we'll see if he can get more rebounds. 

 

??? Again, Sabonis averaged almost 10 boards a game, ~2 more than Turner in less minutes off the bench. Oladipo was out for 46 games last season, and whatever theory/excuse this is, it didn't help Turner, and it won't in the future. 


Sabonis doesn't seem to be handicapped by all of these McMillan excuses that Turner seems to be.. hmmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turner led leagues in blocks and shot 38.8% from 3pt range, and you guys just want to ship him out. One of the best young 2-way bigs in the league.

 

Comparing Turner's stats to Sabonis is irrelevant.

 

1. Turner isnt the main option(2nd-3rd) with the starting unit. Sabonis is really the main option of the 2nd unit, ball is usually in his hands.

 

2. Turner doesn't get what I would call typical starter minutes(36+). If so his numbers would be a lot closer to 20/10 plus he would be over 3 blocks a game. 

 

3. Most of Sabonis numbers come against back-ups. Not knocking Sabonis he is a great player. Just saying can't really just compare numbers and call it a day. Got to look deeper into the context of things.

 

They are asked do different things with their units and they both do them well.

 

Sabonis won't be cheap next year, he is going to command probably the same as Turner, so the money thing is out the door as well. Not sure of we keep both long term or not, but Sabonis has really good trade value right now if we decide to go that way. I do actually believe Sabonis presence has stunted Turner's growth. Hopefully they can co-exist on the floor more. Both should be 30+ minute guys. Saw somewhere our defensive rating was #1 with Turner/Sabonis/Oladipo on the floor at the same time. Offense rating was low though.

 

Does Turner need to get better at things sure, but his potential is through the roof.

 

Turner should be untouchable IMO.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently the Pacers turned down Holiday and (2) 1st for Conley.

 

 

Good call.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is why it is NO, they make dumb moves. U just seen the AD trade, no way I trade AD unless Kuzma is involved. Then again it is NO haha 

That's what got me.

They could have insisted on Kuzma..and the Lakers would have eventually given him up

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, w87r said:

Apparently the Pacers turned down Holiday and (2) 1st for Conley.

 

 

Good call.

 

Agreed.....Not two 1sts AND Holiday...who would we have in the guard pipeline in 2 years?

I'd have given up two 1s because our top picks wont be that high.

But not Aaron Holiday

 

Memphis got a lot: Jae Crowder, Grayson Allen, Kyle Korver (who I think ends up in L.A.) and two No. 1s.  They took the best deal they could get

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, w87r said:

Apparently the Pacers turned down Holiday and (2) 1st for Conley.

 

 

Good call.

 


Where did you read/hear that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

    You may have have seen the speculation that OKC wants to cut some salary..

..and that they would get up off of Dennis Schroeder.

 

He would be good for us...just 25 years old..15 points a game..as a backup at OKC

...an aggressive defender..and apparently he knows Oladipo well..

 

He is under contract for $15 mil the next 2 seasons.

That level of pay..would allow us to get Bogdonavic and Thad Young back

I'm not sure how a deal would work because they don't want matching salaries..

They are trying to get out of the luxury tax.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, w87r said:

Turner led leagues in blocks and shot 38.8% from 3pt range, and you guys just want to ship him out. One of the best young 2-way bigs in the league.

 

Comparing Turner's stats to Sabonis is irrelevant.

 

1. Turner isnt the main option(2nd-3rd) with the starting unit. Sabonis is really the main option of the 2nd unit, ball is usually in his hands.

 

2. Turner doesn't get what I would call typical starter minutes(36+). If so his numbers would be a lot closer to 20/10 plus he would be over 3 blocks a game. 

 

3. Most of Sabonis numbers come against back-ups. Not knocking Sabonis he is a great player. Just saying can't really just compare numbers and call it a day. Got to look deeper into the context of things.

 

They are asked do different things with their units and they both do them well.

 

Sabonis won't be cheap next year, he is going to command probably the same as Turner, so the money thing is out the door as well. Not sure of we keep both long term or not, but Sabonis has really good trade value right now if we decide to go that way. I do actually believe Sabonis presence has stunted Turner's growth. Hopefully they can co-exist on the floor more. Both should be 30+ minute guys. Saw somewhere our defensive rating was #1 with Turner/Sabonis/Oladipo on the floor at the same time. Offense rating was low though.

 

Does Turner need to get better at things sure, but his potential is through the roof.

 

Turner should be untouchable IMO.

Myles isn't a real good defender..87....he's a good help defender....that's where his blocks come from. He has good value but  hes averaged 13-14 points a game all his life....and he's playng with our best players..not backups

He has no post moves ///he does not set solid picks and he gets overpowered by big centers

Its not realistic to think he can someday score 20 a game..

The idea that Sabonis, our leading rebounder and second leading scorer, has kept Myles from improving is strange thinking

Myles has played 5 years now..he is what he is

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The news of Rubio being a top target for the Pacers in free agency is not at all exciting. Sure, he's younger than Collison...I don't doubt that he'd be an upgrade...but I feel like he and DC are cut from the same cloth; they're both non-scoring guards. True, Rubio is a better facilitator than DC, but if Vic's off a night, we can't expect to get scoring from our guard position, which definitely hurt us last year.

Also, flashy-passing, Timberwolves Rubio is exponentially more fun to watch than 28 year old, purely fundamental Rubio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Myles has played 5 years now..he is what he is

He is the lead leader in shot blocks, in sub starter minutes, while shooting 38.8% from downtown.

 

All your points are valid as far as post moves and being over powered in the post, but the guy is exactly what you would want your Center to be in this modern basketball. I agree he needs to rebound better, but when your big guy can shoot like him, he is pretty much out of the picture on the offensive glass most of the time. 

 

I think with a few more minutes and shot opportunities his points will follow. He may never be a 20/10 guy, but 17/9/3.5 works for me(per 36 minute #'s), while shooting around 40% from downtown. Sign me up.

 

Bottom line is he does exactly what he is ask for with this team, and when healthy was top 3 team in conference. Top 5-6 in the league.

 

Like I said in my earlier post. Sabonis and Turner's roles are completely different,against different competition most of time(starters/backups), so comparing stats doesn't hold up.

 

I will agree with the fact that both players are really good and I'm happy to have them. However if it came down to a deal betweeen the 2 I'm keeping Turner.

 

Sabonis  for Ball straight up, I would be all over.

 

 

Just to reiterate:

Led NBA in shots blocked in 28 minutes a game

Shot 38.8% on 30th FG on 3+ attempts per game

 

It's nice, find a way to get him more opportunities.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, w87r said:

He is the lead leader in shot blocks, in sub starter minutes, while shooting 38.8% from downtown.

 

All your points are valid as far as post moves and being over powered in the post, but the guy is exactly what you would want your Center to be in this modern basketball. I agree he needs to rebound better, but when your big guy can shoot like him, he is pretty much out of the picture on the offensive glass most of the time. 

 

I think with a few more minutes and shot opportunities his points will follow. He may never be a 20/10 guy, but 17/9/3.5 works for me(per 36 minute #'s), while shooting around 40% from downtown. Sign me up.

 

Bottom line is he does exactly what he is ask for with this team, and when healthy was top 3 team in conference. Top 5-6 in the league.

 

Like I said in my earlier post. Sabonis and Turner's roles are completely different,against different competition most of time(starters/backups), so comparing stats doesn't hold up.

 

I will agree with the fact that both players are really good and I'm happy to have them. However if it came down to a deal betweeen the 2 I'm keeping Turner.

 

Sabonis  for Ball straight up, I would be all over.

 

 

Just to reiterate:

Led NBA in shots blocked in 28 minutes a game

Shot 38.8% on 30th FG on 3+ attempts per game

 

It's nice, find a way to get him more opportunities.

 

 

He's averaged 13-14 points game all his life.....

The idea that' he'd score 17 a game is wishful thinking.

And Myles plays with our better players. Sabonis plays with our backups

 

Myles cant put the ball on the floor and dribble drive. He hanst learned how. He has never acquired a low post game right? Not even when Al Jefferson made it a point to teach him.

Sabonis has an outstanding low post game.

 Neither one of us want to mention Turner's rebounding.

 

I don't want to trade Myles for the 4th pick but I don't think he's an $18 mil a year player.

He simply hasnt proven it.

I would never trade Sabonis..He's our only true center on offense and he's our best rebounder by far

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This might be a smokescreen of sorts or maybe it's spot on. I thought it was worth noting though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

 

Yes they can. Khris Middleton and Milwaukee are currently in talks to redo his deal after he declined his player option with them.

 

Middleton had a contract that was 4 years or longer and the Bucks have his bird rights. That doesn't apply for Randle and the Pelicans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...