Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Myles

2018 - 2019 Indiana Pacers and everything NBA thread

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, ar7 said:

 

Russell would be a huge signing for the Pacers. I'd be in favor of that. I think the Pacers need to find a way to improve the top of the roster if they want to have a shot at being a serious contender in the East. Russell is probably their best bet to do that.

 

I'm pretty sure Herb Simon has been against going after restricted free agents though. Things can always change but I'm pretty sure he hasn't allowed the team to do that in the past.

Obviously, as I know you know, we can sign him and the Nets can then match the offer.

But if w somehow get around that..he's 23 years old...like Sabonis and Myles

Leaf and Holiday are 22..

 

There's a core for a decade

..and Oladipo is just 26

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Gonna get Kemba Walker or Kyrie next IMO.

Could be Kemba...He's always talked about wanting to play in the playoffs..for a title contender..

 

With Kemba, Davis and LeBron (and Kyle Kuzma), there's a new sheriff in town.

Get ready for 68 Laker games on National TV next season

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..and if they need to say no to some roster memebrs last year.

...I'd love Lance and Rondo on the Pacers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep I think so too. That will give them a Big4 with LeBron, AD, Kuzma, and one of those 2.

That team could compete especially since GS will probably be without both KD and Klay.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MTC said:

 

To be fair I doubt LeBron will miss playing with him either lol. Ingram is an ok player but definitely not as good as everyone thought he would be.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be controversial, but this off-season is truly make or break for Kevin Pritchard and company. We cannot afford anymore free agent busts. 

 

Invest a ton of money in finding a point guard and try to re-sign Bojan. 

 

My two main free agent point guard options are D'Angelo Russell and Kemba Walker. Realistically, I can see them landing someone like Ricky Rubio (which would be 'meh').

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MTC said:

Might be controversial, but this off-season is truly make or break for Kevin Pritchard and company. We cannot afford anymore free agent busts. 

 

Invest a ton of money in finding a point guard and try to re-sign Bojan. 

 

My two main free agent point guard options are D'Angelo Russell and Kemba Walker. Realistically, I can see them landing someone like Ricky Rubio (which would be 'meh').

probably just re up everyone and get eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round it's the pacer way. we have a good shot at Russell the reports are he wont be brought back if they get Kyrie and that is almost a done deal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

..and if they need to say no to some roster memebrs last year.

...I'd love Lance and Rondo on the Pacers

I would love to have Lance back. He brought a certain spark to our team that most can't. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MTC said:

Might be controversial, but this off-season is truly make or break for Kevin Pritchard and company. We cannot afford anymore free agent busts. 

 

Invest a ton of money in finding a point guard and try to re-sign Bojan. 

 

My two main free agent point guard options are D'Angelo Russell and Kemba Walker. Realistically, I can see them landing someone like Ricky Rubio (which would be 'meh').

Apparently the last 3 teams for Mike Conley are Utah, Boston and Indiana

..and if the trade includes picks, it obviously must be made before Thursday..

 

Boston can offer the most if they know for sure that Kyrie is leaving

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Apparently the last 3 teams for Mike Conley are Utah, Boston and Indiana

..and if the trade includes picks, it obviously must be made before Thursday..

 

Boston can offer the most if they know for sure that Kyrie is leaving

 

 

I’m not a big fan of trading for Conley. His injury history worries me. I do think PG is the position we must up grade this off season.  

 

One would think New Orleans will  want to move Jrue. He’s 29 yrs old and doesn’t fit with the youth movement going on down there. I’d love to bring him to Indy to play next to Vic.

 

Theres a rumor that the Spurs want to trade DeRozan for Bogy McDermott and the 18th pick.  I am a big Bogy fan but that’s a deal we’d have to take a long look at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, akcolt said:

I’m not a big fan of trading for Conley. His injury history worries me. I do think PG is the position we must up grade this off season.  

 

One would think New Orleans will  want to move Jrue. He’s 29 yrs old and doesn’t fit with the youth movement going on down there. I’d love to bring him to Indy to play next to Vic.

 

Theres a rumor that the Spurs want to trade DeRozan for Bogy McDermott and the 18th pick.  I am a big Bogy fan but that’s a deal we’d have to take a long look at. 

you are not alone like 98% of the Pacers fanbase doesn't want to trade for Conley dude is injury prone old and his contract is horrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, akcolt said:

I’m not a big fan of trading for Conley. His injury history worries me. I do think PG is the position we must up grade this off season.  

 

One would think New Orleans will  want to move Jrue. He’s 29 yrs old and doesn’t fit with the youth movement going on down there. I’d love to bring him to Indy to play next to Vic.

 

Theres a rumor that the Spurs want to trade DeRozan for Bogy McDermott and the 18th pick.  I am a big Bogy fan but that’s a deal we’d have to take a long look at. 

 

I thought about New Orleans potentially trading Jrue but read over the weekend they want to keep him. They think that with him and their young talent they now have (and more after the draft) they can be competitive.

 

The Pacers would need to sign and trade Bogy which can't be done until free agency starts. (if I understand the rules correctly) I also don't think the Pacers would need to give up a pick. I don't think the Spurs have the cap space to sign Bogy without a sign and trade. Plus, DeRozan isn't THAT much better than Bogy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ar7 said:

 

I thought about New Orleans potentially trading Jrue but ready over the weekend they want to keep him. They think that with him and their young talent they now have (and more after the draft) they can be competitive.

 

The Pacers would need to sign and trade Bogy which can't be done until free agency starts. (if I understand the rules correctly) I also don't think the Pacers would need to give up a pick. I don't think the Spurs have the cap space to sign Bogy without a sign and trade. Plus, DeRozan isn't THAT much better than Bogy.

If NO were to move Jrue because they want to go with the young guys. My guess is when they look at our roster they’ll be looking to fill the hole Davis left at the 5. I think they’d be looking at Turner or Sabonis. 

 

The Spurs would need a trade to make room for Bogy. He’s a free agent so they could move DeRozan somewhere else and move in on Bogy.. It’s taken Bogy the better part of two seasons to get comfortable enough here to really play his game. I think he’s going to want to stay in Indy as long as we don’t try to low ball him. He should be our top priority IMO. 

 

This is is going to be an interesting off season. We should have the opportunity to make some moves but there will be some tough decisions.

 

I don’t think we can expect Vic to come back and improve the team enough to be contenders.  I’d like to see us upgrade PG and find a scorer off the bench. That may not be enough but it’s a start.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, akcolt said:

If NO were to move Jrue because they want to go with the young guys. My guess is when they look at our roster they’ll be looking to fill the hole Davis left at the 5. I think they’d be looking at Turner or Sabonis. 

 

The Spurs would need a trade to make room for Bogy. He’s a free agent so they could move DeRozan somewhere else and move in on Bogy.. It’s taken Bogy the better part of two seasons to get comfortable enough here to really play his game. I think he’s going to want to stay in Indy as long as we don’t try to low ball him. He should be our top priority IMO. 

 

This is is going to be an interesting off season. We should have the opportunity to make some moves but there will be some tough decisions.

 

I don’t think we can expect Vic to come back and improve the team enough to be contenders.  I’d like to see us upgrade PG and find a scorer off the bench. That may not be enough but it’s a start.  

 

They have a replacement in Okafor for Davis. Both him and Randle played well down the stretch while Davis was out. Randle is a guy I would potentially look at as well. With NO obviously going after Zion, Randle has already turned down his player option and is a FA. If Thad turns is no longer and option, I think Randle would be a good fill in at PF for the Pacers. 24 years old and averaged 21 and 9 playing off the bench half of the year last year. 

 

It would be nice to unload McDermitt's contract and put that extra 7.5M/yr elsewhere. 

 

As I said earlier in the thread, we have quite a few holes to fill on a capped budget and I wouldn't be surprised if some of these guys (Thad, Bogy, CJ) decline offers from the Pacers and move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couple things came up today.

 

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/5/23/18637311/2019-nba-offseason-tracker-live-blog-free-agency-trades-rumors

 

1. Rumors says Rubio is our #1 free agent option.

 

Cant say I like it to much, would much rather bring in Russell.

 

2. Rumors says we've been in conversation regarding #4 pick.?

 

 

 

Just not sure what a package for #4 would look like.

 

1. Don't think it would include VO. Maybe?

2. If 1 of Turner/or Sabonis, if so hopefully Sabonis?

3. Bringing Hill and Moore in as salary relief for NO?

4. Combo of these?

 

1. VO for Ball and #4?

2. Sabonis and #18 for Moore and #4?

3. #18 for Hill, Moore and #4?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, w87r said:

Couple things came up today.

 

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/5/23/18637311/2019-nba-offseason-tracker-live-blog-free-agency-trades-rumors

 

1. Rumors says Rubio is our #1 free agent option.

 

Cant say I like it to much, would much rather bring in Russell.

 

2. Rumors says we've been in conversation regarding #4 pick.?

 

 

 

Just not sure what a package for #4 would look like.

 

1. Don't think it would include VO. Maybe?

2. If 1 of Turner/or Sabonis, if so hopefully Sabonis?

3. Bringing Hill and Moore in as salary relief for NO?

4. Combo of these?

 

1. VO for Ball and #4?

2. Sabonis and #18 for Moore and #4?

3. #18 for Hill, Moore and #4?

Vic is untouchable the chances of him being in any trade talks are at like -500%

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Rubio trash sounds just about like something our stupid franchise would do. Sometimes I really hate the Pacers. Could we be a little less obvious with our desire to be average year after year atleast pretend like you wanna try to win a championship for the fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Vic is untouchable the chances of him being in any trade talks are at like -500%

I would think so to. Just throwing it out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

This Rubio trash sounds just about like something our stupid franchise would do. Sometimes I really hate the Pacers. Could we be a little less obvious with our desire to be average year after year atleast pretend like you wanna try to win a championship for the fans.

As a plan E I would be ok with it, but not plan A.

 

A. Russell

B. Conley

C. Rozier

D. Trade Sabonis for Ball

E. Rubio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I told you guys Ricky Rubio is a realistic target. He's pretty mediocre. I'd honestly roll with Darren Collison for another year rather than sign Rubio to a big contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted D'Lo. I knew something like this was going to happen. No way the Pacers were going to sign D'Lo. Rozier/Rubio were more realistic, and terrible options. If Rubio isn't overpaid, he's better than Collison, but that's not saying much. Can't shoot, and the Pacers need a shooter next to Vic. If Nets match, I'm afraid Rubio/Rozier may be our only options. If Nets don't match, I'm not sure D'Lo comes here, even though there are several things in the Pacers favor. 

 

For the #4 pick, I think you'd have to trade Sabonis + #18 + 2020 first rounder. Maybe throw in McDermott in there as well. The question is, what player is worth trading up for at #4? Ja and Zion will be gone. There's a slim chance RJ falls, but it's highly unlikely. At #4, there's really no talent that stands out. You can draft Hunter/Culver/Garland. I think Garland would be the best fit, with Hunter next. If RJ falls, I'd want RJ for sure. There's also no guarantee one of those players is/will be better than Sabonis, although history says there's a good chance they will be.

 

Edit:

Let's say Pacers manage to swing a trade for #4, say Domas + 18 for Hill + 4. This is how I think the offseason plays out. This assumes RJ doesn't fall and D'Lo doesn't happen. Draft Garland at #4 and bet on his huge upside. Pacers are pretty decent at player development, so there's a chance Garland could become the starting PG of the future. Sign Rubio and another wing, then call it a summer. Obviously re-sign Bojan as well. I'd honestly be ok with this offseason. Garland comes off the bench his rookie year. If he lights it up or becomes a star, trade Rubio. If not, he should be a good bench player. If RJ falls, even better. Sign D'Lo and RJ becomes the SF of the future.

 

I doubt any of this happens. The #4 pick is a weird spot and I don't know if the Pacers can actually successfully trade for it. I think it's more likely they stay at 18 after failing to trade for #4.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MTC said:

 

I told you guys Ricky Rubio is a realistic target. He's pretty mediocre. I'd honestly roll with Darren Collison for another year rather than sign Rubio to a big contract.

we all knew he was a realistic option we were just hoping maybe for once the Pacers FO might actually try to sign someone worth a crap and not some scrub that is barely an upgrade over what we had 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

we all knew he was a realistic option we were just hoping maybe for once the Pacers FO might actually try to sign someone worth a crap and not some scrub that is barely an upgrade over what we had 

Better than Rozier, but that's not saying much. I want the Pacers to go after Kemba/D'Lo, but those two are pretty unrealistic, and I wouldn't get my hopes up for either. No reason for either to come here. I'd hope the Pacers try and sign Brogdon before resorting to Rubio. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the double post. 

For those worried about Rubio: https://imgur.com/RTlVCy6

Essentially, who knows what the Pacers are going to do. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended signing Rubio/Rozier though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Better than Rozier, but that's not saying much. I want the Pacers to go after Kemba/D'Lo, but those two are pretty unrealistic, and I wouldn't get my hopes up for either. No reason for either to come here. I'd hope the Pacers try and sign Brogdon before resorting to Rubio. 

dlo is only unrealistic if the Pacers FO makes him that way. he is a tier 2 FA with 4 teams reported interested the T wolves cant afford him plus they suck the jazz only want him if hes unrestricted and they are in the west and the magic suck compared to us

 

the FO just needs to grow a set and stop aiming for the middle seeds in the playoffs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

dlo is only unrealistic if the Pacers FO makes him that way. he is a tier 2 FA with 4 teams reported interested the T wolves cant afford him plus they suck the jazz only want him if hes unrestricted and they are in the west and the magic suck compared to us

 

the FO just needs to grow a set and stop aiming for the middle seeds in the playoffs 

Plus Dlo is from Louisville, this is about closest pro team to his hometown. 

 

Dlo is definitely realistic, thats who I'm pulling for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:25 AM, akcolt said:

I’m not a big fan of trading for Conley. His injury history worries me. I do think PG is the position we must up grade this off season.  

 

Is Conley a better player than Darren Collison. A significantly better player.

2 years is nothing no matter what the price...You cant get out of it in a year and a half.

 

Mike Conley is a proven player and top defender and he played more games last year that Collison did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IndyScribe said:

Sorry for the double post. 

For those worried about Rubio: https://imgur.com/RTlVCy6

Essentially, who knows what the Pacers are going to do. I wouldn't be surprised if they ended signing Rubio/Rozier though. 

Sounds like it  will be Rubio..

Good defender..proven floor leader....29 years old

Good player. Just not a  3-shooter.

 

But with him at maybe $10 mil./Bogdonavic and Thad Young can be resigned

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IndyScribe said:

Better than Rozier, but that's not saying much. I want the Pacers to go after Kemba/D'Lo, but those two are pretty unrealistic, and I wouldn't get my hopes up for either. No reason for either to come here. I'd hope the Pacers try and sign Brogdon before resorting to Rubio. 

Who is D'Lo, Scribe?

Kemba….. I agree....has better offers from playoff teams

 

DeAngelo Russell isn't really a free agent...the Nets can match any offer 

Our best bet offensively and defensively is Mike Conley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MTC said:

 

I told you guys Ricky Rubio is a realistic target. He's pretty mediocre. I'd honestly roll with Darren Collison for another year rather than sign Rubio to a big contract.

I don't think we can resign Collison for just one year..and he's 32 now.

 

The bigger question is : Are we considering trading Myles Turner (we're not paying Sabonis anything yet) for the 4th pick in the draft and $18 mil more in cap space?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Who is D'Lo, Scribe?

Kemba….. I agree....has better offers from playoff teams

 

DeAngelo Russell isn't really a free agent...the Nets can match any offer 

Our best bet offensively and defensively is Mike Conley

try reading other reports and rumors. cause for about 3 weeks now many said the nets are looking to target Irving and another top FAs making it impossible to keep Russell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have never really been a Russell fan. I can see him taking a step back this upcoming year. Walker is better, JMO.

sadly he most likely wont even consider us 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

try reading other reports and rumors. cause for about 3 weeks now many said the nets are looking to target Irving and another top FAs making it impossible to keep Russell.

Try reading the rules.

If The Nets don't get Kyrie, they can match any bid and keep Russell...no matter what anyone else offers

That's what 'restricted free agent means'

Kemba Walker is a free agent....Ricky Rubio is a free agent.

DeAngelo Russell is not really a free agent

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Late Tuesday word has Al Horford opting out of his final year with Boston and saying he will not sign there.

I cant believe the talk that the Pacers are interested.

 

We've going to trade Myles Turner (trading Sabonis dosent open up any cap space) for the 4th pick in the draft and sign 33-year-old Al Horford?

 

I dont believe it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Try reading the rules.

If The Nets don't get Kyrie, they can match any bid and keep Russell...no matter what anyone else offers

That's what 'restricted free agent means'

Kemba Walker is a free agent....Ricky Rubio is a free agent.

DeAngelo Russell is not really a free agent

 

 

yeah you got me and everyone else we didnt know that 

 

but weather you accept it or not the Pacers were named by multiple sources as 1 of the 4 teams interested in Russell lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, w87r said:

Couple things came up today.

 

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/5/23/18637311/2019-nba-offseason-tracker-live-blog-free-agency-trades-rumors

 

1. Rumors says Rubio is our #1 free agent option.

 

Cant say I like it to much, would much rather bring in Russell.

 

2. Rumors says we've been in conversation regarding #4 pick.?

 

 

 

Just not sure what a package for #4 would look like.

 

1. Don't think it would include VO. Maybe?

2. If 1 of Turner/or Sabonis, if so hopefully Sabonis?

3. Bringing Hill and Moore in as salary relief for NO?

4. Combo of these?

 

1. VO for Ball and #4?

2. Sabonis and #18 for Moore and #4?

3. #18 for Hill, Moore and #4?

There is no chance of us trading Oladipo and he has almost no value due to his injury

 

If we're trying to get the 4th pick in the draft, its Myles Turner we're offering.

We need to get his $18 mil a year off the books so we can resign Bogdonavic and Thad Young AND pursue another free agent.

And we wont get the 4th pick in the draft for Sabonis

 

Ricky Rubio is better and younger than Darren Collison. Not by much. But he is.

Would you trade Turner for the 4th pick.....sign Rubio and Al Horford?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

yeah you got me and everyone else we didnt know that 

 

but weather you accept it or not the Pacers were named by multiple sources as 1 of the 4 teams interested in Russell lol

We can be interested all we want.....But in the real world....they resign him if the dont get Kyrie and few know where Kyrie is going.

We're interested in Kemba Walker, too....but we have little chance to get him.

 

Rubio? He's ours for the taking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

We can be interested all we want.....But in the real world....they resign him if the dont get Kyrie and few know where Kyrie is going.

We're interested in Kemba Walker, too....but we have little chance to get him.

 

Rubio? He's ours for the taking

literally every NBA insider has said Kyrie is damn near a lock for Brooklyn 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I feel sorry (not sorry) for the person who bought my 5 tickets for this game. I was shocked someone bought them for that price. 
    • Im all in with this idea. Training Camp > 2 Preseason games > 17 or 18 game regular season
    • Believe me I've been in Wilsons group of supporters since we drafted him but something seems off with him this summer. Desir, Moore, Rock, Hairston,and I look for Tell to make it over Wilson. Then Hooker, Geathers, Odum, and Willis at safety. Then we keep Milton for his special teams ability. I know he isn't a very good corner, but his special teams play is excellent.
    • The bolded is both funny and accurate.   So you are saying get rid of all pre-season games, correct?  Which is also fine by me, the teams may need to have rosters expanded a little.
    • I did some rough math with incomplete information, which is perfect for posting on a message board...   The NFL gets at least $6B/year in TV revenue, split between 32 teams is about $187m/year, per team. Over a 17 week regular season, that's about $11m each week. Based on the Packers financials, they make about $7m in revenue per home game.    Take away one preseason game at $7m (which is probably high; I get the feeling teams don't usually sell out in preseason, which means parking, concessions and memorabilia also take a hit), but add two weeks to the regular season, and each team comes out ahead.   And my proposal is you go to a 19 week regular season, with three bye weeks. So that extra revenue is only coming from being on TV for two extra weeks, not from tickets, concessions, etc. That also means you're not taking on additional overhead; you're actually reducing your overhead, because you're getting rid of a fully staffed preseason event, and not adding any regular season events. I think my proposal is a net gain for each team, solely on the basis of dominating TV for two extra weeks in the regular season.   I also think my proposal is better for the players and the quality of the game. If each team has three byes, you can schedule TNF only after a bye week -- which takes care of the low quality TNF games and probably improves ratings, increasing future profitability. 
  • Members

    • Four2itus

      Four2itus 2,184

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CamMo

      CamMo 840

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtStrong2013

      ColtStrong2013 963

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Coltsfan0112

      Coltsfan0112 134

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nate!

      Nate! 45

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • indyagent17

      indyagent17 1,193

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • masters1

      masters1 29

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Greyghost80

      Greyghost80 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Two_pound

      Two_pound 129

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Qwiz

      Qwiz 3,694

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...